• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can any here offer a solution to the middle east conflicts between Israel and Hamas/Hezbollah?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
What's the standard for those in Hamas? Expectations would seem relevant to what would be required for all this to be settled apart from conflict. Are they religious? I'm sure they are. We know Israel has their own apart from Islam. It's not just about hatred from what I understand, but about sense of duty and obligation, and I think this is true for both sides. Would it end with Israel? If not, then what would be likely to happen in future years if not in process already?

World government and control and efforts made to get communities in check and religion and God and hate and territory and civilians and families, and centuries of conflict all variables contributing to the continuation of the conflicts...

So ...

No, I don't have any idea how this might be resolved any time soon or even peacefully (unfortunately).

I would prefer peace, but this doesn't appear to be a very favorable position among several world leaders at the moment.

Unfortunately

(Again)
Thank you for your post.
Nobody here seems to have any resolutions, but your post certainly shows just how extremely volatile the whole situation is.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Nearly everybody here hopes that all innocent civilians in Israel, Lebanon and Gaza may be supported, protected, in safety, rehomed and given food, water and medical supplies.

Each side hates the other fiercely.
So can anybody here offer any suggestions for ending these dreadful conflicts?

....because I have not got a clue.
Going to straight fast solution:
For my opinion, The only solution that available, that USA get freed from AIPAC, because idea of Chosen people"superior human", which bring Jesus (pbuh) back. As my understanding.

I think the WW2 had same idealogy which is german race are superior human.
The war paid around 60 millions.

I am sure the world soon or later will pay the price of chosen people, and promise land.
1000007666.jpg

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Going to straight fast solution:
For my opinion, The only solution that available, that USA get freed from AIPAC, because ideal of Chosen people"superior human", which bring Jesus (pbuh) back. As my understanding.
Fast solution?
Tell me, Godobeyer, how long do you think that Israel would survive if all it's western allies would remove their support from it?
Would that be your fast solution?

And if that was to happen, what would you suggest should happen to all Israeli people?
I think the WW2 had same idealogy which is german race are superior human.
The war paid around 60 millions.
WW2 ended, and the ideology of Hitler was not the same as most other western countries.
I am sure the world soon or later will pay the price of chosen people, and promise land.
Other countries around Israel don't have to love it, but they should certainly be able to leave Israel alone.

And western powers should exert much pressure on Israel to protect ALL it's inhabitants.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Like Christianity, Islam is an evangelising religion, and 'yes', both these have taken control of so many parts of the World.
For both Islam and Christianity, "evangelizing" is sometimes peaceful and not coercive. But historically it's often been through violent conquest i.e. colonialism.

These days it's popular to call Israel a "colonizer" which is ironic given that it's surrounded by a much larger and more egregious colonizing entity.

The Middle East was the birth place of Islam, hundreds of years ago. I don't know how Islam and Judaism became to be so much at odds, but today we can only hope that peaceful resolution is born.
In the ME, Islam is at odds with every other religion. FWIW, this is totally consistent with the instructions provided in the Quran.

I have known many Muslims in the UK, I worked with them. Most young Muslim men here that I knew liked smart clothes, a decent motor and a good job, some 'cred', etc..... They looked like secular Muslims to me.

Let's hope that peaceful advances can work where hatred has existed for so long, yes?

As I've said, many Muslims want to live in secular societies, and that's a good thing. But hundreds of millions do not, and we must be honest about that group of Islamists, and not pretend they're not a problem.

Ponder This

Nearly everybody here hopes that all innocent civilians in Israel, Lebanon and Gaza may be supported, protected, in safety, rehomed and given food, water and medical supplies.

There all sorts of way to make people stop fighting...
  1. Tell them to stop
  2. Hose them down with cold water
  3. Force them to sit in opposite corners
  4. Take away their toys
  5. Spank their heinies
  6. Place bars of soap in their mouths
  7. Force them to write, "Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's land," ten thousand times on a chalkboard
But until they have a collective come to Christ moment, they are pretty much doomed to an endless cycle of samsara in which they repeat their suffering ad nauseam. Perhaps they require someone to walk behind them and hit them on the head with sticks every time they have a stray thought.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
For both Islam and Christianity, "evangelizing" is sometimes peaceful and not coercive. But historically it's often been through violent conquest i.e. colonialism.
These days it's popular to call Israel a "colonizer" which is ironic given that it's surrounded by a much larger and more egregious colonizing entity.
In the ME, Islam is at odds with every other religion. FWIW, this is totally consistent with the instructions provided in the Quran.
As I've said, many Muslims want to live in secular societies, and that's a good thing. But hundreds of millions do not, and we must be honest about that group of Islamists, and not pretend they're not a problem.
Extremists who turn to destruction or violence are totally dangerous whoever they are.
So, yes, we must recognise all such problems wherever they are.

I just hope that some very very good diplomats can surface from all sides of this tragedy and bring about a peace, however grudging a one.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
There all sorts of way to make people stop fighting.....
But until they have a collective come to Christ moment, they are pretty much doomed to an endless cycle of samsara in which they repeat their suffering ad nauseam. Perhaps they require someone to walk behind them and hit them on the head with sticks every time they have a stray thought.
Come to Christ moment?
Do you want to tell Islam to 'come to Christ'?
Whenever I hear talk of Christ I think of the Church dogma that spun 'Christ' out of the living person of Jesus....two quite different beings altogether.

And would you tell all Israel to come to Christ?
I mean, if you're going to fail so badly then you might as well make a complete job of the fail, yes?

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic

Yes
Stop pouring fuel on the fire.
Stop funding
Stop supplying arms
Support a two state solution.

Return the stolen settlement lands to Palestinian control.
Return to 1947 borders.

In return
Establish a border force with teeth, that will immediately counter attacks by either side.

icehorse

Premium Member
Yes
Stop funding
Stop supplying arms

Return to 1947 borders.

In return
Establish a border force with teeth, that will immediately counter attacks by either side.

From a logical perspective (because I think the UN is quite corrupt), I think Jordan and Egypt should donate a bit of their land to create a homeland for the Palestinians. Can you avoid appeals to authority and argue why they shouldn't?

libre

Skylark
Staff member
Premium Member
I do believe that there will be no peace in the Middle East while Israel is surrounded by Muslim communities, and that the only true solution is to talk people out of Islam entirely. I do not expect to earn friends among Arabs or Muslims by saying as much.
This is a concerning proposition to me because there is simply no parallel for such a rate of religious conversion or atheification in history that I am unaware of. Why would we ground the peace process in a goal which we have no precedent for?

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Fast solution?
Tell me, Godobeyer, how long do you think that Israel would survive if all it's western allies would remove their support from it?
Would that be your fast solution?
Could be in first day.
Israel can't survive without Western media and weapon support.
Zionists are totally control Western media,when you control minds , you control everything.

And if that was to happen, what would you suggest should happen to all Israeli people?
Must be distingtion between peaceful Israeli and racists.

They run from holocaust from europe,especially Germany. because racism.
would they run from Palestine because they chose it's they elected racist regime ?

WW2 ended, and the ideology of Hitler was not the same as most other western countries.

Unforuntly ,still root of racism in West, which don't consider Arabs lives same as Jews lives.

Other countries around Israel don't have to love it, but they should certainly be able to leave Israel alone.
Love and hate?
I personally don't hate Jews.
I hate Israel
Why should love a racist regime kill 42 thousands innocents.

And western powers should exert much pressure on Israel to protect ALL it's inhabitants.
Western power instead of pressure on Israel,they supply them to commit more crimes.
Because West can't disobey Israel.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
From a logical perspective (because I think the UN is quite corrupt), I think Jordan and Egypt should donate a bit of their land to create a homeland for the Palestinians. Can you avoid appeals to authority and argue why they shouldn't?
Why should any other nation donate their land. When the Palestinians already have every right to the land they occupy and the land stolen from them by the Israelis. That land should be returned to them.
They are neither asking for nor have any clam to Egyptian or Jordanian sovereign land.

I do not hear America offering them any of their land as a homeland.
That is not how things work.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Yes
Stop funding
Stop supplying arms

Return to 1947 borders.

In return
Hello Terry..... :)

Right or wrong, yours is the first direct answer. Although the border force would have a high cost, it would be a pittance compared with what's being spent these days, and the benefits to humanity all round could be huge.

icehorse

Premium Member
Why should any other nation donate their land. When the Palestinians already have every right to the land they occupy and the land stolen from them by the Israelis. That land should be returned to them.
They are neither asking for nor have any clam to Egyptian or Jordanian sovereign land.

I do not hear America offering them any of their land as a homeland.
That is not how things work.
Ok,so how do you arrive at the conclusion that it's their land?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

My answer won't be popular and it would be they should war it out until one side concedes in complete defeat or total surrender.

I doubt there are any type of solution givin the amount of time that has passed where the closest to a peace in my opinion would be at the time of Yasser Arafat, where he was essentially givin a real chance for a true formally recognized Palestinian state to be established and he rejected it.