• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can Christians fall from God's Grace

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Focus on the principle of my comment and I will beg pardon-- thanks.
You presented a No True Scotsman and then stated that the Bible supports it.
All I did was point out the No True Scotsman and commented that it is a nice out to have.

To take it a few steps further...
Are you saying that once you are a "true" Christian, you are 'stuck' being a Christian?
That is exactly what you have implied.
That one has to choose Christianity and that once they 'honestly and truly' choose Christianity, they cannot choose to no longer be a Christian.

I happen to strongly disagree with that position.
I was a Christian and then chose to no longer be a Christian.
What you are saying is that I was never a "true" Christian even though as my role as prison cleric I brought several people closer to God.
How does this little theory of yours effect those whom I brought closer to God?

Furthermore, you are basically saying that my devotion, choice, worship, etc. was all meaningless and empty because I was never a 'true' Christian.
Like I said, it is merely a convenient out.

TheGreaterGame

You presented a No True Scotsman and then stated that the Bible supports it.
All I did was point out the No True Scotsman and commented that it is a nice out to have.

To take it a few steps further...
Are you saying that once you are a "true" Christian, you are 'stuck' being a Christian?
That is exactly what you have implied.
That one has to choose Christianity and that once they 'honestly and truly' choose Christianity, they cannot choose to no longer be a Christian.

I happen to strongly disagree with that position.
I was a Christian and then chose to no longer be a Christian.
What you are saying is that I was never a "true" Christian even though as my role as prison cleric I brought several people closer to God.
How does this little theory of yours effect those whom I brought closer to God?

Furthermore, you are basically saying that my devotion, choice, worship, etc. was all meaningless and empty because I was never a 'true' Christian.
Like I said, it is merely a convenient out.

That is exactly what I am saying. You were never a true Christian. You articulated my point well-- thanks. No personal attacks, but that is the plain fact of the matter. You were a seed that got choked.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Why his name is Jesus (in english) and he is the Christ.
Iēsous (man beast) is not the same as Yeshua (Salvation) it is entirely different, as we can find it is an insult....
So when you travel does your name change also?

jrnmz

When we look at things the way the bible says you cannot just look at one scripture and analyze that as the main point. Anyone can displease God and Jesus Christ. There countless examples of men and women of faith who fell and yet were forgiven for their actions.

King David was one of those. When you say the grace of Christ, do you mean that even if you commit constant sins and there has been no changes in your actions that Christ will continue to forgive you regardless? Read Hebrews 10:26 which states " For if we practice sin willfully after having recieved the accurate knowledge of the truth there is no longer any sacrafice for sins left." Which means that the sacrafice of Jesus Christ was made for forgiveness of sins. Therefore we can fall short of his Grace OR forgiveness.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
That is exactly what I am saying. You were never a true Christian. You articulated my point well-- thanks. No personal attacks, but that is the plain fact of the matter. You were a seed that got choked.

TheGreaterGame said:
I wasn't attacking the man as much as making a point that most people, at least in the U.S.A., would indeed consider themselves Christians, for a few reasons:

1. There Mom, There Dad, or Grandma was a Christian, therefore they are a Christian.
2. As a child they had some religous experiance, i.e., I prayed a sinners prayer or walked an isle.
3. They idenitfy themselves as Christian, because they have grown up in Church or a conservative household, but that has no bearing on there own personal relationship or faith in Jesus Christ.

I'm assuming, from this list of example of who is not a Christian, that you see being a Christian as having more to do with one's personal relationship with Jesus Christ and one's faith in Him. Could you explain, please, how you are able to determine whether a person once had a relationship with Jesus Christ but chose to turn away from Him or once had faith in Jesus Christ but lost that faith? How is it you see yourself as being in a better position to see into another person's heart than he is himself?

Sonic247

Iēsous (man beast) is not the same as Yeshua (Salvation) it is entirely different, as we can find it is an insult....
So when you travel does your name change also?
I never traveled to a foreign country, but I know in China it would be Ja-Fu, anyway where do you get Iesous=man beast

wizanda

Premium Member
I never traveled to a foreign country, but I know in China it would be Ja-Fu, anyway where do you get Iesous=man beast
Found the man beast bit off someone’s Greek translation of it.....also in Acts we are told Bar-jesus means fake prophet....

Sonic247

I think Bar means son of, as in Simon Barjona= Simon son of Jona, Bar-Jesus was a fake prophet, but there isn't neccasarily any correlation between the name and what he was.

wizanda

Premium Member
We have shown where Grace is removed, you can't follow Christ if you say you have grace due to his death, was my point....
Christianity means that and so is against his teachings....no free rides.....no righteousness of another covers people.....
The Bible is so clear that Pharisee teachings are really just muddled....why Christ told people before hand to watch for them.....
Yet the points he said, everyone will be deceived on, they now follow and call that Christianity?...do not go after "I (EGO) Am (I-Mee)" and "the time is near (eggizō)"...

wizanda

Premium Member
I thought it was "once saved, always saved".
Mat 18:23-35
(23) Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.
(24) And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.
(25) But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.
(26) The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
(27) Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.
(28) But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.
(29) And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
(30) And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.
(31) So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.
(32) Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:
(33) Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
(34) And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
(35) So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

Angry Christ-i-am's who shout at us all and say we all must die, shall get what?

thedictator

A Dictator of a Coach
1 Timothy 4:1 " The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons."

In this verse God is "clearly" saying that some Christians will abandon faith in Christ and follow Satan. So one time Christians who had been saved are now not saved.

wizanda

Premium Member
1 Timothy 4:1 " The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons."

In this verse God is "clearly" saying that some Christians will abandon faith in Christ and follow Satan. So one time Christians who had been saved are now not saved.
Like keep saying anyone who deems them self a Christian, can not be follow the words of Christ ("Children of God" they shall be called)....i have spent my life’s working on this and so can explain it, if given a chance.
Satan is EGO and yes many do have it....loads of people you try and explain why the Pharisees (John, Paul, Simon) are false, they shout even more and have very weak roots.....
Maybe they should learn to have their own faith in God as Christ said....
As never has the righteousness of another covered someone else’s sin...
Though many believe Isaiah 53 gives them this, it is also who Christ shares it with and that will be friends.....
So if you are still busy saying it is good a friend died, when he arrives i would hide….as me personally could never say it is right an innocent man should die for nothing….
That is inhumane and ‘evil’, as ‘you’ personally took his ‘live’ by saying that, guilt is established in Christ’s wording.

wizanda

Premium Member
Every time you say that an angel gets its wings.:yes:
Angels after seeing this, in this life time....are shepherds (Wisdom to explain) and farmers (unconditional love to nurture)....

Sheep are those who just follow without looking and eat far too much, until they pop...
Goats say butt to everything and need extra fences and rules to feel contained…