• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

can christians support a homosexual inclination?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
imo, if someone is indoctrinated they are not accountable...

Then who will you hold accountable? Their priest? Their parents? Their parents, parents?

Are you going to call religion to the table and ask religion to explain itself?

Accountability has to start somewhere. I'm not saying crucify them, but make them aware that they alone will be accountable for the choices they make.

I understand, the need for compassion towards their situation, but religion is not an entity that can be held accountable. You can't make "religion" pay for it's crimes.

"But the Bible says homosexuality is an abomination."

I don't care what the Bible says. It's no excuse for acting like an ******* towards your fellow man.

Last edited:

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
The Christian God makes a habit of changing people's hearts. He takes hateful, jealous, greedy people and makes them loving. Why is it that when it comes to this one sin issue, people think it's too small for God to handle? And this whole defense of "I just have these feelings I can't help" makes no sense either. I feel drawn to have casual sex with several women in my life. Just because a feeling is there doesn't make it worth acting on

Last edited:

Road Warrior

Seeking the middle path..
The Christian God makes a habit of changing people's hearts. He takes hateful, jealous, greedy people and makes them loving. Why is it that when it comes to this one sin issue, people think it's too small for God to handle?

Perhaps because those people are not, at heart, believers in their Christian God.

Christ made it perfectly clear, so why do not some of his believers accept it?

30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’
31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”

Mark 12:30-31

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
Perhaps because those people are not, at heart, believers in their Christian God.

Christ made it perfectly clear, so why do not some of his believers accept it?

30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’
31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”
Mark 12:30-31

And why do so many homosexuals lack trust in the Christian God and the path he calls people to? It's because they feel as though he fails to provide a way for those who have these unique inclinations to be satisfied.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Then who will you hold accountable? Their priest? Their parents? Their parents, parents?

Are you going to call religion to the table and ask religion to explain itself?

Accountability has to start somewhere. I'm not saying crucify them, but make them aware that they alone will be accountable for the choices they make.

I understand, the need for compassion towards their situation, but religion is not an entity that can be held accountable. You can't make "religion" pay for it's crimes.

"But the Bible says homosexuality is an abomination."

I don't care what the Bible says. It's no excuse for acting like an ******* towards your fellow man.

i appreciate what you are saying. perhaps if i clarify what i said by having you read my signature.

of course everyone is accountable for their choices i am not arguing that at all...however, from the believers POV (speaking from experience :eek:) they are only accountable to what they think/believe god is holding them accountable to. i'm just trying to expose that religion = excuse when people do and say horrific things to their fellow man.

waitasec

Veteran Member
People build airplanes.
People fly them into buildings.

but if you throw religion in the mix it becomes convoluted and unclear as to why certain acts are done

religion is a veil blurring out the details...why do you want to put up with that?

waitasec

Veteran Member
And why do so many homosexuals lack trust in the Christian God and the path he calls people to? It's because they feel as though he fails to provide a way for those who have these unique inclinations to be satisfied.

because the christian god says their vile and an abomination
for simply being who they are.

Road Warrior

It's not the "Christian God" who is to blame. The problem is found here:
JesusFanClub.jpg

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
because the christian god says their vile and an abomination
for simply being who they are.

Actually, he says they are made in the image of God. it's only certain BEHAVIOR that he condemns. Homosexuals often think he's calling them vile because they've taking inclination the Christian God calls "sinful" and made them a part of their identity.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Actually, he says they are made in the image of God. it's only certain BEHAVIOR that he condemns. Homosexuals often think he's calling them vile because they've taking inclination the Christian God calls "sinful" and made them a part of their identity.
no it's written...
romans 1:21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened...

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

now that is an over statement if i ever heard one....
basically paul, guided by the holy spirit no less, is saying homosexuals are futile and foolish....have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy.
really...? talk about brushing with an enormous stroke!!!

look...it is more probable that there is an uncaused cause then to believe this uncaused cause is concerned with who i'm sleeping with.

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
but if you throw religion in the mix it becomes convoluted and unclear as to why certain acts are done

religion is a veil blurring out the details...why do you want to put up with that?

I don't. But that is my point. We can't allow religion to blur the details.
My actions, my accountability.

My beliefs are my own. It's my actions that you and the rest of the world have to deal with.

My beliefs alone won't harm you. It's my actions that can. It's my actions you have to judge.

I can believe every homosexual is going to burn in Hell. So what?
If I start setting fire to them myself, it's the action you have to deal with.

You can believe whatever crazy thing you want. As long as you treat your fellowman decently and with a minimum of respect, I don't care what you believe. Your beliefs need not have any affect on our relationship. It's your actions, your behavior that does.

waitasec

Veteran Member
I don't. But that is my point. We can't allow religion to blur the details.
My actions, my accountability.

My beliefs are my own. It's my actions that you and the rest of the world have to deal with.

My beliefs alone won't harm you. It's my actions that can. It's my actions you have to judge.

I can believe every homosexual is going to burn in Hell. So what?
If I start setting fire to them myself, it's the action you have to deal with.

You can believe whatever crazy thing you want. As long as you treat your fellowman decently and with a minimum of respect, I don't care what you believe. Your beliefs need not have any affect on our relationship. It's your actions, your behavior that does.
i agree.
i think it's time to focus on the details...sure, my technique is pretty extreme but the pendulum will not budge without extremities.

Road Warrior

"He" as in God is calling them vile? Why are you so certain God is judging gays as vile?

BTW, do you recall the penalty for adultery from the Bible and do you think it should be applied to Newt Gingrich and other adulterers?

Leviticus 20:10 “If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbor, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death."

Leviticus 20:13
If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

Fair is fair, right, sir? Republican Marriage History

waitasec

Veteran Member
"He" as in God is calling them vile? Why are you so certain God is judging gays as vile?

BTW, do you recall the penalty for adultery from the Bible and do you think it should be applied to Newt Gingrich and other adulterers?

Leviticus 20:10 “If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbor, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death."

Leviticus 20:13
If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

Fair is fair, right, sir? Republican Marriage History

why are you hating on him?