• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

can I correctly argue an egg is a fruit

ebgebg

So many atheist state that christians are not logical or reasoanable? That by logic atheist have reasoned that God does not exist. They claim science has proven God does not exist.

Well, I know a lot about science and for example I can crunch the numbers in time-space very well....I,m a christian.

I can argue that an egg is a fruit-logically. Logic is nothing more then arguing correctly.

Reason is your conclusion. If I argue correcly an egg is a fruit...is it reasonable to agree?

Man's logic & reasoning is subject to mistake..if science is the observation of nature's phenomenon, and math is the explanation of that observation.

FranklinMichaelV.3

So many atheist state that christians are not logical or reasoanable? That by logic atheist have reasoned that God does not exist. They claim science has proven God does not exist.

Well, I know a lot about science and for example I can crunch the numbers in time-space very well....I,m a christian.

I can argue that an egg is a fruit-logically. Logic is nothing more then arguing correctly.

Reason is your conclusion. If I argue correcly an egg is a fruit...is it reasonable to agree?

Man's logic & reasoning is subject to mistake..if science is the observation of nature's phenomenon, and math is the explanation of that observation.

Science has not shown that God does not exist. Science has shown that many things attributed to God in the past can be explained by natural causes.

adi2d

I
My first thought when I saw your post title was that after you are here a little while you would learn that people here will argue about anything

After reading the rest of your post I see you will probably fit right in. Another person not searching for the truth just to 'win' a debate

Anyway. Welcome. I hope you enjoy your time here

freethinker44

Really?

From Websters dictionary:
a : a product of plant growth (as grain, vegetables, or cotton) <the fruits of the field>
b (1) : the usually edible reproductive body of a seed plant; especially : one having a sweet pulp associated with the seed <the fruit of the tree> (2) : a succulent plant part (as the petioles of a rhubarb plant) used chiefly in a dessert or sweet course
You can logically argue an egg is a product of plant growth, or a succulent plant part, or the edible reproductive body of a seed plant? No, you can't logically argue that. You can twist words and semantics to make it seem as if a an egg fits that description, but you haven't logically proven it to be true, you've merely made it appear to be a solid argument. There is a difference between making something appear to be true and actually proving something logically true.

ebgebg

1. I peel an egg like a banana. And if a banana is found in fruit salad..then yes, I would say egg salad is a type of fruit salad

ebgebg

I
My first thought when I saw your post title was that after you are here a little while you would learn that people here will argue about anything

After reading the rest of your post I see you will probably fit right in. Another person not searching for the truth just to 'win' a debate

Anyway. Welcome. I hope you enjoy your time here

Do you really belive the truth is on the internet. With a zillion people argueing and misquoting and twisting words...now you can realize why jesus chose such a time when what words were more important then the media

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oh, dear...another thread which is naught but word twisting.

Hypothesis: The Bible is bunk.
Car bumpers cannot lie.
Jesus saves (according to bumper stickers).
Therefore Jesus has a savings account.
Therefore Jesus really does like money changers.
The Bible is wrong!
QED.

Last edited:

adi2d

Do you really belive the truth is on the internet. With a zillion people argueing and misquoting and twisting words...now you can realize why jesus chose such a time when what words were more important then the media

I'm sure somebody will supply the picture but I like the words and I don't have to twist them

"The truth is out there"

And no I don't understand why Jesus would put the word out when he did. It certainly isn't working if the plan was to get us to reach the same conclusions

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Just use different logic by broadening the definition of what a fruit is

Fruits are usually circular correct? They have innards that are edible and they are biologically created.

With that broad of a definition you can make an egg a fruit along with a lot of other fun yummy things such as testicles! :drool:

FranklinMichaelV.3

Fruits are usually circular correct? They have innards that are edible and they are biologically created.

With that broad of a definition you can make an egg a fruit along with a lot of other fun yummy things such as testicles! :drool:

But we eat the inside of an egg, and usually the outside of a fruit...depending on the fruit. So really the closest fruit would be a coconut.

freethinker44

It's not logical because by your broad definition, a banana wouldn't be a fruit.

adi2d

It's not logical because by your broad definition, a banana wouldn't be a fruit.

Yes but notice how nicely the banana fits your hand and if we add a couple of those round things mentioned earlier ....... You might not find the truth but it might lead you to an enjoyable few minutes followed by a calming feeling and a wish for a cigarette

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

I know of some PEOPLE who are neither logical nor reasonable. Some of them are Christians. Some are not. Some start threads like these.

Okay

No, you can't. What you can do is cherry-pick certain properties of an egg, and then draw parallels between those properties and the properties of a fruit. That is not logic. That is disingenuous.

Are you suggesting that if you can come up with a convincing argument that egg is a fruit, would I agree with you? Sure.

Logic and reasoning are ABSOLUTELY subject to mistake. Hence scientific method is all about testing, retesting, and challenging man (and woman's) understandings. What does this have to do with your 'argument' that an egg is a fruit?
Man is fallible. Science is fallible. We don't know all the answers. Some of the answers we do know might turn out to be wrong, and I would hope that most of the answers we do know will be enhanced and improved on.

Is there a point to this thread?

ebgebg

Oh, dear...another thread which is naught but word twisting.

Hypothesis: The Bible is bunk.
Car bumpers cannot lie.
Jesus saves (according to bumper stickers).
Therefore Jesus has a savings account.
Therefore Jesus really does like money changers.
The Bible is wrong!
QED.

Ther you go...logic is correctly arguing...by your reasoning, did the world not exist before the invention of car bumbers? Thanks for proving my point.