• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can known homosexuals join any Southern Baptist church?

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
Yes, sometimes, but not always, and not necessarily the majority of the time. You said that you believe that Paul opposed same-sex behavior. The SBC would surely be willing to defend its position on homosexuality based upon biblical grounds. It would be impossible to know which Christians oppose homosexuality solely upon biblical grounds, partly on biblical grounds, solely because of intolerance, or a combination of those factors.
It's intolerance. Ignorance does not excuse intolerance. Actually, ignorance and intolerance usually go hand in hand.
When Christian children are taught by their parents that the Bible opposes homosexuality, those children are not intolerant. They actually believe that the Bible opposes homosexuality. Even in very gay friendly environments, some religious people end up believing that the Bible opposes homosexuality.
If they oppose homosexuals, they are intolerant. Intolerance can be taught. And in fact, often is.

And ignorance is not an excuse. If those children really cared, they could look at the Bible themselves, and overcome said intolerance.
Some celibate Christians who have gay sexual identities would love to engage in same-sex behavior, but refrain from doing so because they believe that the Bible opposes homosexuality.
Can you give links to such people. Also, are those same people intolerant of homosexuality? Usually they are. Exodus international is a great example of that. And again, intolerance can be taught.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
That's not the point, my friend.:facepalm::D

Not liking the taste of a jaeger-bomb is not a reason to not shoot it.

I don't know. I've have jaeger once, and I think that was enough. Vodka and maybe some Amp would suit me just as well. Or some homemade everclear concoction.

I have discovered something important with everclear though. If you remain sitting, and don't really move, you can put back quite a bit of it. It's just standing up that is a problem.

A

angellous_evangellous

I don't know. I've have jaeger once, and I think that was enough. Vodka and maybe some Amp would suit me just as well. Or some homemade everclear concoction.

I have discovered something important with everclear though. If you remain sitting, and don't really move, you can put back quite a bit of it. It's just standing up that is a problem.

haha - I'd never criticize a man for what he drinks. :foryou:

Trey of Diamonds

I used to drink everclear back in high school and college. That stuff is just too powerful for me. I've had moonshine in TN as well and it was smoother but had the same effect. Reminds me of a line from an old favorite of mine.

Well, he stays away a lot now from the parties and the clubs
And he's thinking while he's joggin' 'round
Sure is glad he quit the hard drugs

[youtube]xKC5ecLi3Og[/youtube]
Old Hippie - The Bellamy Brothers - YouTube

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
I used to drink everclear back in high school and college. That stuff is just too powerful for me. I've had moonshine in TN as well and it was smoother but had the same effect. Reminds me of a line from an old favorite of mine.
I haven't drank much straight everclear. But growing up in North Dakota, with German relatives, who were heavy drinkers, I got my fair share of everclear types of drinks. During family get togethers, nearly all of my mom's uncles and aunts, as well as my uncle and aunts, bring out that burnt sugar alcohol. Some of it is really good, and I've learned which relatives have the best stuff.

Never had moonshine though.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
haha - I'd never criticize a man for what he drinks. :foryou:

That's a little better then me. I criticized, well it was more ridiculed and laughed at, my younger brother the first time I drank with him. He got some Jack, and was going to be a manly man. So he filled a cup up about half way with Jack, and then added strawberry Fanta. When that didn't taste good, he added Pepsi to it. Just judging by the smell of that drink, it was bad. But wonderful to see him drink it.

A

angellous_evangellous

That's a little better then me. I criticized, well it was more ridiculed and laughed at, my younger brother the first time I drank with him. He got some Jack, and was going to be a manly man. So he filled a cup up about half way with Jack, and then added strawberry Fanta. When that didn't taste good, he added Pepsi to it. Just judging by the smell of that drink, it was bad. But wonderful to see him drink it.

Well, I was thinking about a real drink.