• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can Randomness and Chance cause the Evolution of life?

Thermos aquaticus

How would you explain living tissue on dinosaur bones? The belief of some is that they’re millions of years old.

The age of fossils isn't a belief. The age of fossils are the result of measuring age in the rocks above and below a fossil. Age is a measurement, not a belief.

We explain million year old dinosaur tissue that has been preserved in dinosaur fossils as million year old dinosaur tissue that has been preserved in dinosaur fossils. The evidence demonstrates that tissue can be preserved for that long in the right conditions.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You’re free to choose to believe that but I know that God is real. :)

Once again, you have mere belief. Knowledge is demonstrable and if you can't objectively demonstrate that your version of God exists then all that you have is belief. Meanwhile I can demonstrate why I know that there was no global flood.

Audie

Veteran Member
My faith is in God and God is real.

Ok you dont get it at all.

Here is a simple obvious example you having faith in yourself-

How would you explain living tissue on dinosaur bones?

There is no such thing. You are relying on either a shoddy source (blind faith in
"authority" or just forgetting what you actually read.

IF there were such tissue, we'd be years away from "Jurassic park" coming true.
There is no such thing. You are discounting science on the basis of nonsense.
Too much faith in yourself, there.

Faith in "God" and in an inerrant bible? (it never says it is inerrant, that is a latter-day construct)

Your faith is in your perception and your interpretation.

Others are similarly / equally convinced of utterly different things.

Out of all the gods and spirits and religions and sects of each,you got lucky or skillful enough to pick just the right one. That is faith in yourself.

Last edited:

Libski

There is no "living tissue" on dinosaur bones so there is nothing to explain there. Please do not rely on dishonest sources when you try to argue science.

How have you demonstrated any truth in the Bible? You probably only have a massive case of confirmation bias.

I appreciate you sharing your views with me. I’m happy where I am. I have peace :)

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
No, I’d be in unbelief about them being healed. It’s easier with strangers.
It may be easier for you with strangers. But every person who is a stranger to you is someone that God loves many times more than you love your family members and close friends.

Libski

Ok you dont get it at all.

Here is a simple obvious example you having faith in yourself-

How would you explain living tissue on dinosaur bones?

There is no such thing. You are relying on either a shoddy source (blind faith in
"authority" or just forgetting what you actually read.

IF there were such tissue, we'd be years away from "Jurassic park" coming true.
There is no such thing. You are discounting science on the basis of nonsense.
Too much faith in yourself, there.

Faith in "God" and in an inerrant bible? (it never says it is inerrant, that is a latter-day construct)

Your faith is in your perception and your interpretation.

Others are similarly / equally convinced of utterly different things.

Out of all the gods and spirits and religions and sects of each,you got lucky or skillful enough to pick just the right one. That is faith in yourself.

God held His Word above Himself, and Jesus is the Word made flesh. The two are one; inseparable.

My faith is in a living God. He healed my wounds and gave me peace. I’ve been calm, patient and full of a soothing joy ever since I was baptised. Baptism is real; something real happens.

As for religion, it’s all deception - it’s seeking God. Relationship is what God wants, not works.

Articles about fibrous tissue and hints of blood in dinosaur bones pop up in a quick Google search. Forgive me though, I’m too tired to trawl through them now.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I appreciate you sharing your views with me. I’m happy where I am. I have peace :)

I am only trying to help. When you say that you "know" that means that you can shown why you know. When you say that you believe, that is all the proof needed often. There is nothing wrong with admitting to a belief, but it is a falsehood to claim that you know something and then when tested it is found that you do not know after all.

And aren't you just a little bit curious to find out why the Bible is wrong? Hiding your head in the sand is not a pathway to the truth.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
God held His Word above Himself, and Jesus is the Word made flesh. The two are one; inseparable.

My faith is in a living God. He healed my wounds and gave me peace. I’ve been calm, patient and full of a soothing joy ever since I was baptised. Baptism is real; something real happens.

As for religion, it’s all deception - it’s seeking God. Relationship is what God wants, not works.

Articles about fibrous tissue and hints of blood in dinosaur bones pop up in a quick Google search. Forgive me though, I’m too tired to trawl through them now.

So nothing about "living tissue". Why did you not admit that you were mistaken? And I don't know where you get this "word of God" from. Not even the Bible makes that mistake in referring to itself.

Libski

I am only trying to help. When you say that you "know" that means that you can shown why you know. When you say that you believe, that is all the proof needed often. There is nothing wrong with admitting to a belief, but it is a falsehood to claim that you know something and then when tested it is found that you do not know after all.

And aren't you just a little bit curious to find out why the Bible is wrong? Hiding your head in the sand is not a pathway to the truth.

The pathway to truth is found in the Bible. :)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I haven’t read this:

More dinosaur bones yield traces of blood, soft tissue

I regret bringing it up because I’m not interested in it.
Nice article. But it talks about residues of soft tissue, their words not mine, not actual tissue. In fact here is a quote from the caption of a photograph:

"Fibrous strings in this scanning electron micrograph of a dinosaur bone slice resemble calcified collagen fibers. "

Please note that they used the word "calcified" that means that they were at least partially fossilized. We are finding more details than we thought was possible in the past. It in no ways supports a recent date for burial.

Libski

Nice article. But it talks about residues of soft tissue, their words not mine, not actual tissue. In fact here is a quote from the caption of a photograph:

"Fibrous strings in this scanning electron micrograph of a dinosaur bone slice resemble calcified collagen fibers. "

Please note that they used the word "calcified" that means that they were at least partially fossilized. We are finding more details than we thought was possible in the past. It in no ways supports a recent date for burial.

Traces of tissue would have been more accurate then - but we both know that I wasn’t suggesting that a live limb was found :)

Libski

The age of fossils isn't a belief. The age of fossils are the result of measuring age in the rocks above and below a fossil. Age is a measurement, not a belief.

We explain million year old dinosaur tissue that has been preserved in dinosaur fossils as million year old dinosaur tissue that has been preserved in dinosaur fossils. The evidence demonstrates that tissue can be preserved for that long in the right conditions.

65 million years?

Incredible.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
65 million years?

Incredible.
Why? Don't compare it to a corpse that has been on the surface. All of these underwent rapid burial. You do realize that when something is buried in the right environment that an amazing amount of preservation can occur:

300px-Tollundmannen.jpg

That body is about 2300 years old.

Bog body - Wikipedia

We are not talking about actual skin or muscle, but rather traces of them. Collagen is the closest that they have come to actual "tissues".

gnostic

The Lost One
As a believer in evolution, I also believe there is more than just randomness and chance going on. I believe there is also intelligence at work in it all.

I believe the complexity of DNA strongly suggests intelligence.
The evidences of complexity in DNA don’t suggest intelligence, unless you have evidences that intelligence are directly...which clearly you don’t have.

And it is “verifiable evidences” or “empirical evidences” that dictates whether evolution is true or not, not your belief.

The more evidences you have, the more likelihood that it is true, and there have been no evidences of any Intelligent Designer or Creator.

You can believe whatever you want, but belief is not science.