• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can Randomness and Chance cause the Evolution of life?

Audie

Veteran Member
Like I said, belief and no traditions give 100% success.

I’m new to this. Sometimes, especially if I know the person, family, friends (I want so badly for them to be saved) I stop thinking about them and I start to fear that nothing will happen and I’ll lose my opportunity and then I’m in unbelief. With strangers 100%,

Nononono

I am not asking about belief and traditions.

The bible says things. Is everything it says true? !00% true?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
The peace I’ve had since baptism tells me so.
Okay, fair enough. But if you've never read any other books millions of people hold sacred, how can you judge them? And why would you say that only one book can even be tested? Logically, why couldn't any of them could be?

Last edited:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
I don’t know the chapter and verse. You could look it up? I don’t memorise them. The Bible wasn’t written in chapters but in books; chapters can offer the opportunity to distort the message.
Okay, I don't know chapter and verse in a lot of instances either, so I can appreciate that answer. Still, I just checked and there isn't one single solitary mention of "tradition" in the entire New Testament. And Jesus definitely did not say that belief alone is sufficient. As we're told in James, even devils believe. In Matthew 25, Jesus clearly tells us that if we are to follow Him, we are to help and serve one another as if every one of our fellow human beings was Him. That's not just belief. That's believe in action. And He said it was essential in order to inherit the kingdom of God.

Audie

Veteran Member
Okay, I don't know chapter and verse in a lot of instances either, so I can appreciate that answer. Still, I just checked and there isn't one single solitary mention of "tradition" in the entire New Testament. And Jesus definitely did not say that belief alone is sufficient. As we're told in James, even devils believe. In Matthew 25, Jesus clearly tells us that if we are to follow Him, we are to help and serve one another as if every one of our fellow human beings was Him. That's not just belief. That's believe in action. And He said it was essential in order to inherit the kingdom of God.

The bible may or may not be "true" but, for certain, not every reading of it is.

Thermos aquaticus

It’s not a procedure - God heals them. We simply lay hands and command whatever they’ve got to go.

We have videos but they show where I am. Like I said to someone else, look at The Last Reformation site. In their videos, they go out into the streets.

Do you have any documentation showing how people are healed, and documentation of success rates? For example, pre and post scans?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I was an atheist for years. At the time, I couldn’t see the contradictions in it. I believed layers upon layers of lies. I didn’t doubt it until I was pressed on it. Objective vs subjective morality, I didn’t realise that subjective means that it doesn’t exist.

I had an eating disorder. I was told that baptism is real so I got baptised. Something real happened. I was set free. The “harsh inner critic” left me, the obsessive compulsive urge left, control left, I was left with silence in my head and complete peace. I now know because of that that God is real and baptism is powerful.

What makes you think the fact that all morality is subjective that it is not "real"? Even Biblical morality is subjective. And I doubt if you "know" that God is real. You probably only believe. But that is besides the point. This thread is about the fact of evolution. Many Christians can accept reality and still be Christians. Are you saying that evolution is a "lie"? If that is the case you were simply lied to at best.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The Bible, because it’s true.

But it isn't. There was never a worldwide flood for example. We knew that before we knew that life evolved. Or do you reinterpret the Bible after the fact? If that is okay then other religions are just as true as yours.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
Like I said, belief and no traditions give 100% success.

I’m new to this. Sometimes, especially if I know the person, family, friends (I want so badly for them to be saved) I stop thinking about them and I start to fear that nothing will happen and I’ll lose my opportunity and then I’m in unbelief. With strangers 100%,
Why do you think the people you care so much won't be saved? If you love and care about them, don't you think that God would love and care about them at least as much as you do? You seem to believe that He's just waiting for the chance to damn them to eternal torment, that He loves them enough to let His Son die for them, but that He's really not even as merciful and forgiving as you are.

Libski

Why do you think the people you care so much won't be saved? If you love and care about them, don't you think that God would love and care about them at least as much as you do? You seem to believe that He's just waiting for the chance to damn them to eternal torment, that He loves them enough to let His Son die for them, but that He's really not even as merciful and forgiving as you are.

No, I’d be in unbelief about them being healed. It’s easier with strangers.

Libski

But it isn't. There was never a worldwide flood for example. We knew that before we knew that life evolved. Or do you reinterpret the Bible after the fact? If that is okay then other religions are just as true as yours.

The Bible is true.

We’ll agree to disagree.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The Bible is true.

We’ll agree to disagree.
But it is demonstrably false. How can it be "true"? Not all of it of course, just the obviously mythological parts.

By the way, one does not have to believe the mythological parts of the Bible to be a Christian.

Libski

What makes you think the fact that all morality is subjective that it is not "real"? Even Biblical morality is subjective. And I doubt if you "know" that God is real. You probably only believe. But that is besides the point. This thread is about the fact of evolution. Many Christians can accept reality and still be Christians. Are you saying that evolution is a "lie"? If that is the case you were simply lied to at best.

You might have faith in evolution; I have faith in God.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You might have faith in evolution; I have faith in God.

No, you have faith. I have a reasoned acceptance based upon evidence. There are literally mountains of scientific evidence for the theory of evolution and none at all for creationism. And of course I was not just talking about the Adam and Eve myth. The Noah's Ark myth was refuted even before that.

Libski

But it is demonstrably false. How can it be "true"? Not all of it of course, just the obviously mythological parts.

By the way, one does not have to believe the mythological parts of the Bible to be a Christian.

It is demonstrably true; I’ve demonstrated what it says.

How would you explain living tissue on dinosaur bones? The belief of some is that they’re millions of years old.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It is demonstrably true; I’ve demonstrated what it says.

How would you explain living tissue on dinosaur bones? The belief of some is that they’re millions of years old.
There is no "living tissue" on dinosaur bones so there is nothing to explain there. Please do not rely on dishonest sources when you try to argue science.

How have you demonstrated any truth in the Bible? You probably only have a massive case of confirmation bias.

Libski

No, you have faith. I have a reasoned acceptance based upon evidence. There are literally mountains of scientific evidence for the theory of evolution and none at all for creationism. And of course I was not just talking about the Adam and Eve myth. The Noah's Ark myth was refuted even before that.

You’re free to choose to believe that but I know that God is real. :)