• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can science prove or disprove the existence of a Spiritual existence? God?

Call_of_the_Wild

First of all, u don't need to "experiment" to prove something exists. Sometimes only observation is needed. Grass exists, and u don't have to do an experiment to prove that. On the contrary, God can't be observed, nor experimented with. So, as I said, it's the same as mermaids: it doesn't exist untill the contrary is proven.

Yeah I got a question for you....do you believe in evolution??? If you do, you are believing in something that hasn't been observed OR experimented on. So how is it any more illogical for theists to believe in God than for you to believe in evolution??? Double standard.

Call_of_the_Wild

Actually science can't disprove anything, in the sense that it can not prove "something doesn't exist". This is because, from a scientific perspective, something that is not supported by evidence does not exist until it is proven.

All we need science to do is prove that the universe began to exist, which it does.

So scientists can't disprove the existence of God but they don't need to either, because that is already disproven.

Wait a minute, I must of missed something, at one point did the existence of God become "already disproven". Please enlighten me.

An example: do mermaids exist? Well, there is no evidence that they do, so from a scientific perspective, they do not exist. Their existence is disproven in the moment that they have no evidence supporting them.

Now this is just faulty logic. At the moment now, there is a guy in India that doesn't know me. So as of right now, he doesn't have any evidence that I exist, but that doesn't mean that I don't exist. In other words, there may not be one shred of evidence for my existence, but that doesn't stop me from existing, because obviously, I exist. My state of existence is not required by any evidence. Now you may say "if there is no evidence, there is no REASON to think that something exist"....ok...fine....but who is saying there is no evidence?? I am a believing Christian and I do believe there is evidence, or enough evidence to convince me. So until you have examined all possible evidences, you cant logically say that there is no evidence for the existence of God.

outhouse

Atheistically
Yeah I got a question for you....do you believe in evolution??? If you do, you are believing in something that hasn't been observed OR experimented on. So how is it any more illogical for theists to believe in God than for you to believe in evolution??? Double standard.

why do you state misinformation.

evolution is fact as gravity and factually has been observed, and experimented on daily from biomechanics to creation of many kinds of antibiotics

really you should take a biology class at your local college

otokage007

I do not believe on evolution. I see evolution everywhere from the fosil record, to the DNA shared by all living creatures, to the biodiversity of this planet. And I can experiment to prove evolution. Buy some white and dark rats, kill the white ones once, again and again. Eventualy, population will be full of dark rats and there will be no white rats. Evolution. :)

All we need science to do is prove that the universe began to exist, which it does.

so?

Wait a minute, I must of missed something, at one point did the existence of God become "already disproven". Please enlighten me.

Is the existence of God proven? Must have missed the news!

Now this is just faulty logic. At the moment now, there is a guy in India that doesn't know me. So as of right now, he doesn't have any evidence that I exist, but that doesn't mean that I don't exist. In other words, there may not be one shred of evidence for my existence, but that doesn't stop me from existing, because obviously, I exist. My state of existence is not required by any evidence. Now you may say "if there is no evidence, there is no REASON to think that something exist"....ok...fine....but who is saying there is no evidence?? I am a believing Christian and I do believe there is evidence, or enough evidence to convince me. So until you have examined all possible evidences, you cant logically say that there is no evidence for the existence of God.

If there's enough evidence to convince u, I'm fine with that. There's not a single evidence to convince me.

Call_of_the_Wild

evolution is fact as gravity and factually has been observed, and experimented on daily from biomechanics to creation of many kinds of antibiotics

Evolution is a fact that has been observed??? Wait a minute, someone has seen a dog produce a non-dog? When did this occur???

Call_of_the_Wild

I do not believe on evolution. I see evolution everywhere from the fosil record, to the DNA shared by all living creatures, to the biodiversity of this planet. And I can experiment to prove evolution. Buy some white and dark rats, kill the white ones once, again and again. Eventualy, population will be full of dark rats and there will be no white rats. Evolution. :)

Oh, this must be a new thing in science called "homicidal selection" hahaha

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
Scientific education never really seems to take hold here, I wonder if it's something in the forum water. No matter how many times it's been cited, linked, and explained in simple terms, there's always this feigned surprise.

Thief

Rogue Theologian

We believe in gravity, well enough...I do anyway.
But ask me to prove it.

No one knows how it generates.
We can see the effect and measure it....plan for it.
But the 'gravity' particle has not been seen.

'It just happens'

Kinda like God just being there.

And evolution is God's hand at work.
God is not allowed to tweak His creation?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
But ask me to prove it.

'It just happens'

I agree here.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
But ask me to prove it.

'It just happens'

We can see the effects of gravity. Where are the effects of God?

Gui10

Evolution is a fact that has been observed??? Wait a minute, someone has seen a dog produce a non-dog? When did this occur???

That topic is not even open to discussion. IT IS PROVEN, IT GOES ON AS WE SPEAK.

But I understand why you think its not true.

''someone has seen a dog produce a non-dog?''

You're right, no one has seen that, nor has it ever happened, but that's not what evolution is. So the reason why you think evolution did not occur is because you don't actually what evolution is. (And the dudes examples about rats is kind of faulty). You can ask me for some information about evolution I'll do the best I can to teach you.

Last edited:

I AM THAT I AM

I have no title.
Can it be used to prove or disprove the existence of the Almighty, God, supernatural forces or anything else which exists beyond our Natural Universe?

Men are close minded, and we tend to stay only with what we are familiar with by refusing to accept facts that are blatanly in front of us, even though science points all for the truth.
There is actually WAY more evidence for there being the LITERAL ,eternal, true, living God. People are just "willingly ignorant" of the obvious.
I think a great question is, can the scientific method even apply to The Big Bang Theory or Evolution?
The Dictionary defines science as, " The study of the physical laws and world around us; can be tested."
Can Evolution be tested? has it been? NO.
The Theory of Evolution has ALWAYS and will FOREVER remain an unproven theory, and it isnt even a good one. All so called "evidence" for evolution has been proven a fraud or a hoax. There is absolutely NO evidence for evolution.
It is a herasy that crushes the hope of millions every day, and it is a LIE.
"No amount of experimentaion can prove me right; A single experiment can prove me wrong." -ALBERT EINSTEIN.