• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can the dead be contacted according to your tradition?

Can the dead be contacted according to your tradition?

• Yes

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 50.0%

• Total voters

Satyamavejayanti

"Mercurio",

In general, I think the various levels or planes are accepted.

As i said, some do some don't.

The way I use the word soul, I mean what you call Jiva. I do not mean Atman.

What is Jiva without the Atman, What is Atman without Jiva?, to me both a somewhat synonymous. Jiva is just the Atman in the living body.

You confuse me. I think the Jiva incarnates and travels to heavens and hells -- I do not think the Atman does.

Well the Atman and Jiva are not separate, that is why i don't subscribe to this Heaven and Hell idea of Hinduism.

Nothing is eternal except Brahma. No? The problems of the soul in the hells and heavens is not that those places are unstable and disappear for him; rather the soul achieves its purposes for visiting them and then moves on.

Yes only Brahman is eternal, and the Jiva/Atman moves not to any other place but is reborn again on earth after the time in Heaven or Hell.

Not using those words; but when it mentions ghosts, it seems to be saying to me that a soul is operating on more one level at the same time. It also implies that unpleasant things can happen if funeral rites are not performed correctly.

Well, this all depends on interpretation and the beliefs of the Sampradaya. I would like to see the word that is translated as "Ghost", because i am sure that it is a misunderstanding of the term :Bhuta".

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
If you mean contacting the deceased with the expectation of their thoughts being intact and their being able to somehow communicate with me, the answer would be no. I don't believe the life energy that remained after death can be intentionally summoned to you. Any contact with this energy would be incidental.

Mercurio

"Mercurio",

As i said, some do some don't.
If there are no other planes, what state does the soul enter between lives?

What is Jiva without the Atman, What is Atman without Jiva?, to me both a somewhat synonymous. Jiva is just the Atman in the living body.

Well the Atman and Jiva are not separate, that is why i don't subscribe to this Heaven and Hell idea of Hinduism.

Yes only Brahman is eternal, and the Jiva/Atman moves not to any other place but is reborn again on earth after the time in Heaven or Hell.
You are using words in a way unfamiliar to me. Atman, as I have seen it defined, is of the same nature as Brahman. I agree with that. I've also seen where different opinions of the size of Atman are given. One is that it's very tiny, another very huge, and a third that it is the size of the physical body. All three views are right if you ask me; and I could quote from the Bible about the first two views which compare the "seed" of Abraham to both sand which is tiny and to the stars which are huge. Atman is whatever size it wishes; but it is incorruptible, being of the nature of Brahman. The Jewish concept calls these "divine sparks" and says they were carved from the Throne of God. These are eternally part of God and incorruptible.

For me, Jiva is an emanation by the Atman into the physical world or into the spiritual planes.

Well, this all depends on interpretation and the beliefs of the Sampradaya. I would like to see the word that is translated as "Ghost", because i am sure that it is a misunderstanding of the term :Bhuta".
I wouldn't know. It could be bhoot.

I also think the belief in ghosts may be connected with the various funeral traditions. Some cultures have almost no ghosts; and my inclination is to believe their funeral practices may be responsible. Other cultures with less wise practices may be more likely to have ghosts.

Satyamavejayanti

"Mercurio,"

If there are no other planes, what state does the soul enter between lives?

I did not say that there are no other "Planes", of existence, just that some Hindu traditions don't advocate these, some don't bother, some focus on these, and some just don't care as it makes no difference to how we live now and conduct our Karma, i am of the later view myself.

You are using words in a way unfamiliar to me. Atman, as I have seen it defined, is of the same nature as Brahman. I agree with that. I've also seen where different opinions of the size of Atman are given. One is that it's very tiny, another very huge, and a third that it is the size of the physical body. All three views are right if you ask me; and I could quote from the Bible about the first two views which compare the "seed" of Abraham to both sand which is tiny and to the stars which are huge. Atman is whatever size it wishes; but it is incorruptible, being of the nature of Brahman. The Jewish concept calls these "divine sparks" and says they were carved from the Throne of God. These are eternally part of God and incorruptible.

You must not be familiar with all Hindus.lol, to me Atman and Brahman are synonymous, Jiva-Atman (unrealized Brahman) is Atman in a physical body which is living and doing Karam, Atmagnyana (Self realization) removed the bondage of Karma and we realize our true nature as Brahman.

The size has been described in many ways because Atman is the macrocosm and the microcosm at different levels of realization.

Atman however has never been created, this is why it differs from the Abrahamic view.

For me, Jiva is an emanation by the Atman into the physical world or into the spiritual planes.

Some Sampradayas would agree, i can agree but not that Jiva is emination of Atman but Atman once manifest and living is known as Jiva.

I wouldn't know. It could be bhoot.

Yes, could be, Bhuta means unseen, and people assume it means Ghost which is not correct.

Dhanyavad

Mercurio

"
Atman however has never been created, this is why it differs from the Abrahamic view.
Decidedly many in the Abrahamic view would disagree. but some Jews would agree with the Hindu position. I as a Christian agree with it. When I read the parable by Jesus about the mustard seed, I see a seed of divinity taking "root" in the earthly body. I see it also in the story about the man who finds a treasure hidden in a field. The treasure is the Divine Spark as the Jews call it -- or Atman as the Hindus call it.

Note too that Genesis says God gave man the breath of life by breathing into him. Something of the Divine was imparted. It was neither created or made.

Satyamavejayanti

"Mercurio,",

Namaste,

Decidedly many in the Abrahamic view would disagree. but some Jews would agree with the Hindu position. I as a Christian agree with it. When I read the parable by Jesus about the mustard seed, I see a seed of divinity taking "root" in the earthly body. I see it also in the story about the man who finds a treasure hidden in a field. The treasure is the Divine Spark as the Jews call it -- or Atman as the Hindus call it.

Interesting, This "Divine Spark", is it only in Humans?

Note too that Genesis says God gave man the breath of life by breathing into him. Something of the Divine was imparted. It was neither created or made.

The difference i think is that Atman IS Brahman, Brahman is manifest as the Cosmos, as yourself (Atman) and we are inherently Sat-Chit-Annand or our True Nature IS Brahman (The Great Expanse), does the Genesis story, advise on how one can realize our true self as Brahman?

meghanwaterlillies

How many demons have you met? I suspect probably none, so how could you know this? This is just your belief. Unless you've met angels and demons and can tell the difference, I wouldn't opine about such matters.

I'd say you introduced some ambiguity into it by making it into something it isn't.

Was Jesus wrong to tell Lazarus to come forth? Was he wrong to go preach to the spirits in prison? I don't suggest most people try that; but I wouldn't make a blanket generalization as you made.

What definitely is forbidden is trying to use the dead to predict the future. That is a horrible thing since it undermines our free will.
I would agree to most of that, as far as "demons" or whatever I almost ***** slapped one once. I chased one once.
And I kind of argued with someone-thingy jigger feather headed thingy once that wasn't a demon. I could tell that one wasn't.

Marty

Tradition? What is tradition but the absurd habits of people? It is the only source for actual truth on Earth where we must look. That source, God's inspired word, says no, we have no immortal soul, and that when we die, nothing survives our death, and our thoughts perish. His word says we ARE a living soul, THAT DIES. Many have "contacted" the dead, or so they THINK. They have actually done nothing more than contact demons, who are the third of the angels of heaven who sided with Satan and who were cast down to "the vicinity of the Earth" with Satan. They pretend to be dead loved ones all the time, imitating their voices, and recounting things from their lives, but they are NOT dead people. Doing this "contacting" is VERY dangerous, since once inviting them into your lives, it's extremely difficult to get rid of them. They want all to turn their backs on God, and believing in life after death, or an immortal soul, are good ways of turning your back on Him. And once it's done, if you don't repent and pray for forgiveness in Jesus' name, then you're toast. You will be destroyed, permanently.

Sonofason

I have not to my knowledge every been in contact with the spirit of a dead person. But then, it goes against my beliefs and the traditions of my religion to even try. I believe it may be possible, otherwise, I would see no reason for it to be forbidden.

Last edited:

Mercurio

"Mercurio,",

Namaste,

Interesting, This "Divine Spark", is it only in Humans?
A very hard question to answer. Yes and no. The Divine Spark can lose awareness of itself. Then it doesn't appear very divine. I'd say this was Jesus meant when talking about the "salt of the earth." These Divine Sparks are scattered throughout the world and found at different levels of awareness. The human being with an awakened consciousness can awaken these lost sparks in other life forms. One way is by eating things. If you're in the right frame of mind and eat a plum, you are taking in sparks from that plum and making them part of your own body. Eating animals is different and not so benign. Thus originally Adam and Eve and their descendants were not supposed to eat animals.

The difference i think is that Atman IS Brahman, Brahman is manifest as the Cosmos, as yourself (Atman) and we are inherently Sat-Chit-Annand or our True Nature IS Brahman (The Great Expanse), does the Genesis story, advise on how one can realize our true self as Brahman?
I agree pretty much (not alll) with this article I found about the various bodies of man. It appears to have Theosophical influences.

http://www.satrak****a.com/transcending_the_seven_bodies.htm

We could say Brahma dreams the universe; and we could say too that the individual Atman can dream some things. Have you ever had a dream where you seemed to lack the rational facility? That is the astral body off on the astral plane without the mental body. If that happens after death, the astral body might stay on the astral plane for a long time -- perhaps coming back to look for the physical body from time to time. In lucid dreams, you probably have the etheric/volitional body and the mental body with you. You can make things happen. You can make objects appear and disappear -- and you can travel to the more pleasant mental planes and possibly too to the etheric.

Does Genesis contains instructions? Not explicitly. Ihey mystery of the division of "the male and female" h'adam into Adam and Eve is not explicitly explained. But the message is similar to the ancient Hindu idea of the Tree of Jiva and Atman.

Tree of Jiva and Atman - Wikipedia

The ideal state is that Atman and Jiva act as one. I think the problems pop up when they are not in harmony and pursuing different goals. Eve got distracted and talked to the serpent. In short, she was confused by the kundalini energy -- a fallen and confused form of it. If Jiva and Atman had reunited, she would not have been confused; and the kundalini energy would then have been put to its correct use. Now by my belief system then, it can be dangerous to do yoga or anything else that could stir up the lower chakras. The mind should deal with the upper ones which it can understand -- and work on those. If that is done, they will begin to deal with the lower ones automatically.

The kundalini energy is spiritual energy but in an incorrect form. Thus Genesis says the serpent will eat the dust. Physical serpents don't eat dust and they don't talk to people. But the serpent energy is not meant to remain "down there" unraised.

Thus Jesus compared himself to the serpent on the pole that Moses had made. If the serpent is restored to its proper spot, it is raised up -- and the crown chakra appears, known to Christians as the crown of life.

If we see Jiva as the unawakened soul and see Atman as the awake part, then if they are united and act as one, both are awake. The Jiva being more emotional by its nature can experience bliss more so than Atman. I can agree with the Hare Krishna people about the soul feeling bliss -- but that too can get carried too far. The Atman needs its role too. Spending all your time blissed out, at least in this world, probably means you're not dealing with life as you ought to be by resolving more karmic problems. That is my reservation about the Hare Krishna school. Oh yes, I have another reservation -- I don't know about their meditation practices, but I suspect they focus on the lower chakras too much -- and some of their devotees get hauled away to mental hospitals. I do not say that meanly since I had a dear friend that happened to. He started hearing and seeing things and wasn't ready for it. Kundalini and Jiva without Atman can make a dangerous mix.

Genesis has other hints. "Let there be light" is about more than one thing. It applies to man as well. This has to do with the inner eye, purifying it and receiving Divine Light. I would guess -- I haven't actually done the study -- that the seven days have something to do with the seven chakras.

Back to where Divine Sparks are found. . . . When Genesis tells Adam and Eve to exercise dominion, that did not mean rule over everything in a brutish dictatorial way. They were supposed to master themselves and the serpent energy -- and then go raise the sparks in the rest of the world. They were to be the bridge between the Creator and the created. The awareness of everything was to be raised as the sleeping Brahma nature began to waken from the dream.

Mercurio

I would agree to most of that, as far as "demons" or whatever I almost ***** slapped one once. I chased one once.
These experiences make sense to me. Chasing demons! Ha, that was probably the kind of critter that gets cheap thrills by scaring people in the dream world -- but if you aren't scared and start going at it instead of running, it will run away. I've done it. My guess this kind of demon is what Hindus and Buddhists call tulpas. They can appear in the physical world; but I'd say that's rare. They're much easier to project in the "dream world."

There is a certain kind of demon that appears quite real -- and I guess it is at that -- but if you are in good shape (I'd say in the Light of God) and touch it, it goes poof and disappears like a soap bubble. I've seen that happen too.

If you don't have the Light and your wits about you, it's like a nightmare -- no, it is a nightmare. You can get the urge to run without rationally thinking about it.
And I kind of argued with someone-thingy jigger feather headed thingy once that wasn't a demon. I could tell that one wasn't.
There are strange things to be sure; but some are mostly harmless, and I would hesitate to call them demons.

Some of them can be clever too. I wouldn't call them demons even though they like to impress humans with what they know.

JeremK

Many Buddhists will disagree since Buddhism entails a sleuth of different beliefs, but I don't think the dead can be contacted. If they could, that would imply an enduring self, which would totally contradict anatman (no-self) and anitya (impermanence), two concepts fundamental to the Dharma.

meghanwaterlillies

These experiences make sense to me. Chasing demons! Ha, that was probably the kind of critter that gets cheap thrills by scaring people in the dream world -- but if you aren't scared and start going at it instead of running, it will run away. I've done it. My guess this kind of demon is what Hindus and Buddhists call tulpas. They can appear in the physical world; but I'd say that's rare. They're much easier to project in the "dream world."

There is a certain kind of demon that appears quite real -- and I guess it is at that -- but if you are in good shape (I'd say in the Light of God) and touch it, it goes poof and disappears like a soap bubble. I've seen that happen too.

If you don't have the Light and your wits about you, it's like a nightmare -- no, it is a nightmare. You can get the urge to run without rationally thinking about it.
There are strange things to be sure; but some are mostly harmless, and I would hesitate to call them demons.

Some of them can be clever too. I wouldn't call them demons even though they like to impress humans with what they know.
lol,
Really the one thing lead to another, that's all I got to say.
I felt rage. Like it didn't have any sort of right.
One held my face down. Where I could not look at it, then I chased it when it got off. At this point, it suckled my will while up, Even close to the point of not being able to speak. I didn't think like oh I'm in danger until that point. I was just ready to kick butt on intruder and chased it. Literally did not want me to say the word Jesus. I didn't even think about saying Jesus either... which is odd... but it wasn't even touching me and pulling energy for my own will. So.. logically knowingly needing and lovingly; another odd statement whatever...I kind of said Jesus even though it wasn't very audible to it, but intended too at least in myself. Then that just pulled it off.
I sat in my living room, a little pissed, knowing that it provoked, I didn't. But thankful.
Didn't have a problem sense.

Last edited:

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Contacting those who have left their bodies behind for the spirit world from which they came is a big part of my practices.

Just curious if it is allowed, forbidden, or impossible for you according to your tradition to contact the dead.

xt009.jpg

Once I met a medium who claimed to be able to contact the dead.

I asked him to contact Einstein.

He went into a trance and told me that it was now Einstein speaking.

i asked Einstein: Glaubst immer noch, dass der metrische Zeitraum Tensor nirgendwo positiv definiert ist?

(german: "do you still believe that the spacetime metric tensor is nowhere positively defined?"

Tranced stopped. Communication lost.

It seems to happen with all media (plural of medium, I guess) I ever met.

I wonder why.

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

Mercurio

Many Buddhists will disagree since Buddhism entails a sleuth of different beliefs, but I don't think the dead can be contacted. If they could, that would imply an enduring self, which would totally contradict anatman (no-self) and anitya (impermanence), two concepts fundamental to the Dharma.
Why would that imply an enduring self? Reincarnation doesn't imply it. The soul doesn't achieve enlightenment when the physical body dies. The illusion of some permanent self and perhaps the craving of the soul for such permanence can persevere for a long time, spanning many lifetimes.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Once I met a medium who claimed to be able to contact the dead.

I asked him to contact Einstein.

He went into a trance and told me that it was now Einstein speaking.

i asked Einstein: Glaubst immer noch, dass der metrische Zeitraum Tensor nirgendwo positiv definiert ist?

(german: "do you still believe that the spacetime metric tensor is nowhere positively defined?"

Tranced stopped. Communication lost.

It seems to happen with all media (plural of medium, I guess) I ever met.

I wonder why.

Ciao

- viole
That makes me sad :(

Satyamavejayanti

"Mercurio,"A very hard question to answer. Yes and no. The Divine Spark can lose awareness of itself.....

How does the divine spark loose awareness of its divinity?

Does Genesis contains instructions? Not explicitly. Ihey mystery of the division of "the male and female" h'adam into Adam and Eve is not explicitly explained. But the message is similar to the ancient Hindu idea of the Tree of Jiva and Atman.

The Vishvadeva mantra of Rigveda in your link, has many interpretations, the foremost among Hindus is that one Bird represents a unrealized Atma who partakes of the Phalla (fruit) of Karma, while a realized Atman does not enjoy the fruits of Karma, the tree represents Prakriti, the natural world of Karma which provides the Phalla of our Karmas.

To interpreter this as a story about Adam and Eve is not correct, many swamis and gurus have erred in this.

The ideal state is that Atman and Jiva act as one. I think the problems pop up when they are not in harmony and pursuing different goals. Eve got distracted and talked to the serpent. In short, she was confused by the kundalini energy -- a fallen and confused form of it. If Jiva and Atman had reunited, she would not have been confused; and the kundalini energy would then have been put to its correct use. Now by my belief system then, it can be dangerous to do yoga or anything else that could stir up the lower chakras. The mind should deal with the upper ones which it can understand -- and work on those. If that is done, they will begin to deal with the lower ones automatically.

Now in my belief system, there is no Adam and Eve story, and i would not interprate the Adam and Eve myth in context of Jiva and Atman concepts as it is not the same concept nor does it relate to the Hindu ideas about Jiva and Atman and the method advised to realize our true self as the complete Atman.

Is there any evidence of Eve practicing Kundalini Yoga?

The kundalini energy is spiritual energy but in an incorrect form. Thus Genesis says the serpent will eat the dust. Physical serpents don't eat dust and they don't talk to people. But the serpent energy is not meant to remain "down there" unraised.

Well this is your opinion, it does not mean that Kundalini is incorrect. I dont understand why one has to use Hindu terminology in relation to something that is totally unrelated to Hinduism?

Thus Jesus compared himself to the serpent on the pole that Moses had made. If the serpent is restored to its proper spot, it is raised up -- and the crown chakra appears, known to Christians as the crown of life.

What practice and what Yoga did Christ advise? what is the method told by Christ that enables one to become united (yogya) with God?

Is there a detailed practical manual, advising on actual practical methods and actions for Yoga?

If we see Jiva as the unawakened soul and see Atman as the awake part, then if they are united and act as one, both are awake. The Jiva being more emotional by its nature can experience bliss more so than Atman............Kundalini and Jiva without Atman can make a dangerous mix.

I don't think you understand the concept of Atman. I think you are assuming a duality between Jiva and Atman or a separation between the two, which is not what i know about the Atman concept, nor is this the correct understanding from a Hindu point of view. If one accepts the Atman, one has to accept the re-birth or re-incarnation of Atman as well, do you also accept reincarnation? or does the bible accept multiple births?

Genesis has other hints. "Let there be light" is about more than one thing. It applies to man as well. This has to do with the inner eye, purifying it and receiving Divine Light. I would guess -- I haven't actually done the study -- that the seven days have something to do with the seven chakras.

Why does Genesis not give details? Why is it not as detailed as the Hindu texts regarding these issues?

Back to where Divine Sparks are found. . . . When Genesis tells Adam and Eve to exercise dominion, that did not mean rule over everything in a brutish dictatorial way. They were supposed to master themselves and the serpent energy -- and then go raise the sparks in the rest of the world. They were to be the bridge between the Creator and the created. The awareness of everything was to be raised as the sleeping Brahma nature began to waken from the dream.

But you really have not answered my question, does God breath the divine spark into all living beings or only Humans?

Mercurio

How does the divine spark loose awareness of its divinity?
I would think in a similar way Brahma dreams the universe into being. Are not all conditional things illusion?

The Vishvadeva mantra of Rigveda in your link, has many interpretations, the foremost among Hindus is that one Bird represents a unrealized Atma who partakes of the Phalla (fruit) of Karma, while a realized Atman does not enjoy the fruits of Karma, the tree represents Prakriti, the natural world of Karma which provides the Phalla of our Karmas.

To interpreter this as a story about Adam and Eve is not correct, many swamis and gurus have erred in this.
I noted the similarity. The Hindu version is older than the Hebrew version, so I would not attempt to say the Hindu version was about Adam and Eve.

Now in my belief system, there is no Adam and Eve story, and i would not interprate the Adam and Eve myth in context of Jiva and Atman concepts as it is not the same concept nor does it relate to the Hindu ideas about Jiva and Atman and the method advised to realize our true self as the complete Atman.

Is there any evidence of Eve practicing Kundalini Yoga?
No, it must be inferred by the connection of kundalini and the serpent.

Well this is your opinion, it does not mean that Kundalini is incorrect. I dont understand why one has to use Hindu terminology in relation to something that is totally unrelated to Hinduism?
I try to see the similarities in religions, not emphasize the differences. Although a Christian, I have gathered insights into my own religion by studying others. The Bible itself can be obscure in its symbols. I'll take ideas anywhere I can find them. Consider the Greek symbol known as the caduceus. Two serpents are spiraling up a rod. There are wings at the top between a globe. That symbol makes complete sense to me and compares favorably with Hinduism and Judaism. When I can see similar elements in all three religious traditions, it helps me determine which ideas are probably right and which ones are alterations of the original.

The two serpents show the male and female climbing the Tree of Life. The wings show liberation from being trapped on the earth. The globe represents the sun. That fits with this Hebrew passage:

Malachi 4:2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

The calves also have something to do with the Hindu view of cows and the Hebrew cherub the calf.

What practice and what Yoga did Christ advise? what is the method told by Christ that enables one to become united (yogya) with God?

Is there a detailed practical manual, advising on actual practical methods and actions for Yoga?
No.
It's a different tradition with different practices. Besides Christianity has gone the way of most religions becoming confused and segmented into many contradictory belief systems. Why ask this anyway since there is also no one authority for Hinduism?
I don't think you understand the concept of Atman. I think you are assuming a duality between Jiva and Atman or a separation between the two, which is not what i know about the Atman concept, nor is this the correct understanding from a Hindu point of view.
I would say we have different views about Atman. Words fail me since I do not know what words to use to convey my meaning; but let me try. There is a part of man so alike Brahma because it is a part of Brahma, that it does not change, does not fall into illusion or conditional existence and does not incarnate. I don't know what tradition the Yogi who wrote this comes from; but I mostly agree with this part of his article, The Incarnate Word

The Atman is one in all, is not born, does not evolve or change.

The soul is something that comes from the Divine into the evolution and as the psychic being it evolves and assumes different personalities from life to life.
To live in the consciousness of the Atman is to live in the calm, unity and peace that is above things and separate from the world even when pervading it. But for the psychic consciousness there are two things, the world and itself acting in the world. The Jivatman has not come down into the world, it stands above, always the same—supporting the different beings, mental etc. which act here. The psychic is what has come down here—its function is to offer all things to the Divine for transformation.

The only reservation I have would be about the word "Jivatman" and if I understand the definition correctly then I agree with one exception. The Jivatman can come down into the world -- while remaining above at the same time. It cannot come down and get lost or confused; but it can come down and form a union with the lower elements of the soul incarnated in human existence.

I see significance in the fact that Krishna is in the chariot with Arjuna, and that Krishna is the driver. Perhaps different people have different views about that, but it seems to be something worth thinking about. That too has its corresponding parallel in the Hebrew tradition but using different words. and yes, I would say there were definitely four horses.

If one accepts the Atman, one has to accept the re-birth or re-incarnation of Atman as well, do you also accept reincarnation? or does the bible accept multiple births?
It is not that explicit either way; but Jews believe in reincarnation and so do I. I have debated this with other Christians who said reincarnation couldn't exist. They failed to prove that point using the Bible. I could produce more texts which suggest it is true.

Why does Genesis not give details? Why is it not as detailed as the Hindu texts regarding these issues?
For one thing, the Jews wished to eradicate most names of the gods or goddesses lest naive people begin to worship them individually instead of reversing them all as expressions of the One. I myself have no problem with the gods and goddesses if people see them as emanations of the One. Other things also may have been hidden as a way of the priests maintaining control over the masses. There are two subjects the Jews have never committed to writing: Genesis and the Cherubim. The other subjects which composed their oral tradition known as the Talmud did eventually get written down; but those two subjects were considered off limits. I have not been instructed orally in Genesis, so I can't say with certainty what their inner teachings are. I can say however that Jesus appeared to criticize this secretiveness.

Matthew 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

But you really have not answered my question, does God breath the divine spark into all living beings or only Humans?
The lively sparks were breathed only into man. The other sparks came from God before but fell into a lesser type of awareness.

In that regard, the purification of the throat chakra perhaps should be mentioned. What Genesis calls the "breath of life" is what Hindus call "prana" I would suppose. Oh, look what I just found -- a Hindu depiction very similar to the caduceus showing how the prana goes through the chakras:

5may82pic.gif

I'd say that's fine as far as it goes -- but is meant to show the basics. There should be 12 paths leading into the heart chakra, of course. I will never forget the day my heart chakra opened. I wasn't trying to accomplish it or expecting it. I became keenly aware of the twelve paths of "energy." I could see them in fact. These not only can connect to the other chakras and help purify them, they can also connect to things in the world.

The best advice I have for Christians is to obey the Golden Rule. This purifies the heart. If someone does this, he is on the right path and dealing with karma. If someone is willing to be faithful in the small things in life, he will be rewarded by being given more awareness and more opportunities. "Seek first the kingdom and all these other things will be added." I think almost any other method will fail eventually. It seems impossible to me that anyone can achieve enlightenment, nirvana or whatever anyone wants to call it, if he is not willing to seek harmony in this life. We are here now. What are we expected to do? Religion, I think, may tempt us to try to live "up in the clouds" -- and we can then fail to take advantage of what we could achieve in this life.

Last edited:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
For Christmas I hung out with some friends. One of them told me about how her deceased daughter visits her and turned on Christmas lights when there was no electricity hooked up to them. She keeps her daughters ashes near her bed and still buys Christmas presents for her. It is sweet :hibiscus: