• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

can you remember being born?? i do

The science you’re calling on does does not include the existence of a spirit/soul that can incarnate a newborn right before birth let alone how that can or cannot be remembered (or if some people can be given a gift to remember select key events).
Yeah, science is great and all, but there are things beyond science's reach (at least at this stage of the game).

Science is kind of like a flashlight beam. It can shed light on a certain area, but there's a lot outside of the beam's range that it hasn't touched ... yet.

I can see where the notion that there are yet-unknown things lurking out there in the dark, where the light hasn't yet reached, could be a tad unsettling, so therefore some might find it easier on the nerves to just assume that there's nothing but one's own overactive imagination filling in the dark void beyond that circle of light. It's just too 'spooky' otherwise.

(Sorry ... I just saw "The Conjuring" not long ago -- twice -- and it left a mark so to speak, so the analogy immediately popped into my head, lol! :D)

-

FranklinMichaelV.3

Not exactly sure what you mean. But in my worldview the natural includes non-physical conscious entities already.

I get my worldview from eastern (Indian) teachings and I am not restricted to only western materialist science.

I mean that what you describe is paranormal, or whatever term is used now a days to describe it. You say non-physical conscious entities, which is fine, but what exactly makes you think they are conscious, or even non-physical?

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I mean that what you describe is paranormal, or whatever term is used now a days to describe it. You say non-physical conscious entities, which is fine, but what exactly makes you think they are conscious, or even non-physical?

Because they can intelligently communicate and have no physical body. I'm not terribly into speculations like how do we know other humans are even conscious.

And as I've been saying, massive amounts of evidence from the so-called paranormal strongly suggestive of these things to the point where I am comfortable saying that I believe in the existence of such entities beyond reasonable doubt from evidence+reason and not faith..