• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cardinal Pell and Evolution

Audie

Veteran Member
God did not put pen to paper. The bible is written by men. You have the option to believe that somehow these men were inspired by God. But its not the same thing as God dictating the bible.
Men wrote it, and much lesser men then make
an absolute hash of it with their " Interpretations".

... One reason that white racists oppose interracial marriages is because they do not consider the offspring of interracial couples "white". Which is just silly.
Exactly, many cases the reason for not reproducing is not because it would not be possible, but because there is just some lesser reason why it just don't happen. Not reproducing doesn't make new species, if the reason is in that way artificial.
The idea of being white or black is more cultural than anything else.
It is matter of lighting, in darkness everyone is black. :D

No. People who are lactose intolerant can reproduce with people who are lactose tolerant and their offspring is fertile. Why are you having such a difficult time understanding the concept of species?
So, why you claim there is different E. coli species because some of them seem to have inability to digest citrate in an anoxic environment?

Nope, they have a different genetic trait. E. coli are a species that reproduce asexually so the standards for what a species is is rather different than single celled life. You should not compare the two. ...
Ok, nice moving of goal posts. I think that standard is very poor, if what one eats defines what species one is.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Ok, nice moving of goal posts. I think that standard is very poor, if what one eats defines what species one is.
That is not moving the goalposts. Creationists do not understand evolution. They will often use the bogus phrase "change of kind". There is no change of kind in evolution. Do you understand this?

Brian2

Veteran Member
I'm not religious so take this with as much salt as you feel is necessary.

There are close to 50,000 Christian denominations, most disagree with the others to some extent.

And American Christianity ranges from European style catholic or protestant to full on flag waving flat earth fundimentalists with everything in between.

Wow, every time I see that, the number of denominations seems to have multiplied.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
The Word of God is not mythology because God knows everything and He is factual in His statements.
I know that is what you believe. It's what every follower of every religion tends to believe concerning the religion they happen to follow, which is different from yours and mutually exclusive.

You can't all be right. But you can all be wrong.
And seeing as all of you have to invoke "faith" to justify your beliefs, I'll go ahead and assume you are all wrong.

Faith is not a pathway to truth. There is nothing you can't believe on faith.
Faith is a good way to end up with false beliefs.

Brian2

Veteran Member
They do multiply.
You have a prob with mentioning it?

A problem with the fact that there are 10s
of thousands of them, more and more all
the time?

I have no problem with mentioning it even if the number is misleading.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I have no problem with mentioning it even if the number is misleading.

It's not misleading, it's factual, there are well over 45000 denominations, a number that grows daily and is now pushing 50000 .

Of course you are welcome to your own view.

Brian2

Veteran Member
It's not misleading, it's factual, there are well over 45000 denominations, a number that grows daily and is now pushing 50000 .

Of course you are welcome to your own view.

I would agree with the mathematics, but not the idea that Christians are divided if they are all part of the one Church and all have God's Spirit.
It isn't knowledge of details of doctrine that make for being a Christian.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I would agree with the mathematics, but not the idea that Christians are divided if they are all part of the one Church and all have God's Spirit.
It isn't knowledge of details of doctrine that make for being a Christian.

How many times have i heard one Christian condemning another Christian to hell becaue they don't follow the same bible interpretation, or they don't pray in the same way?

Even on these hallowed pages i see conflict between true christian and not true christian, whatever that is.