• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cartones,burn Quran day,film, what next ?

is this film is increase the terrorism (and the hate) against west

• Total voters

CynthiaCypher

i know islamists are more religeous then muslims .

No they are not more religious at all. Islamist disobey and blaspheme the most sacred tenets of Islam when they incite others to kill innocent people. So that makes them not more religious but less religious.

They aren't anymore religious than Fred Phelps or Terry Jones who call themselves Christians yet go against everything Jesus taught. That makes them hypocrites. These people use the cover or facade of religious to cover up the evil that is inside of them. Don't think of them as religious but as hypocrites and blasphemers

waitasec

Veteran Member
I think that the hate and resentment were already there. It's not just the cartoons and the movie, it's the deep cultural wounds that has been inflicted upon the Muslim world.

absolutely...
and the fact that we are defending a position that expresses a distain about the prophet, is something they believe we have no right to...
says who...them....? what makes an opinion about someone more than an opinion? religion hardly...religion is an opinion as well.

waitasec

Veteran Member
No they are not more religious at all. Islamist disobey and blaspheme the most sacred tenets of Islam when they incite others to kill innocent people. So that makes them not more religious but less religious.

They aren't anymore religious than Fred Phelps or Terry Jones who call themselves Christians yet go against everything Jesus taught. That makes them hypocrites. These people use the cover or facade of religious to cover up the evil that is inside of them. Don't think of them as religious but as hypocrites and blasphemers

this...

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
The youtube movie controversy reminds me of an old cartoon. A spinster bitterly complains to a cop that her neighbors are having sex out in full view.
The cop says he sees nothing at all. Outraged, she responds, "Here, use my binoculars! Their bedroom window is the 2nd floor on the left".

images

When people from an easily offended Muslim country visit youtube, they essentially travel to the west to watch the movie. If they don't like what they see,
then they shouldn't go there. We won't fundamentally change our laws to lose free speech. And yes, the "right to bear words" protects insults & humor too.
Perhaps these countries should emulate China, where government censors the internet for the population's benefit.
That actually seems to be a pretty apt description.

Tristesse

is not missrespect by the name of freedom to the others faith ?

is not facture to increase the terrorism and extremism agaisnt the west people , especialy americans around the world ?

note :
this is not justify for the over reaction done by some muslims protestors , or the murderer of US ambassodor in Libya .

It's called freedom of speech. Which clearly the middle east has no concept of. Nobody is hurt (except maybe their feelings) by cartoons, films or words.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Where did this absurd term "Islamist" come from anyway? (Yes I read the link) As far as I'm concerned, they're not following Islam; why are they being labeled as such?

Do we call the likes of David Koresh and Timothy McVeigh or Christian terrorist "Christianists"?

There is no justifying their behavior, so let's stop trying to label it something it's not.

Last edited:

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
people have the right to be stupid...
they don't have the right to take ones life away.

the blame is on the one who chose to kill...not youtube or the film maker
these islamist extremists are just reactionary children and i wonder why people choose to defend that behavior...
i am only with peaceful protest .

let me clarify my point , there is no justification for the murderer of the americans in libya , or the voilence against US ambassady around the world , that 100/100 barbarin way to show the angry .

my point is why some westerns used to provoke muslims , inspite that they know that these kind of action increase the extremism and hate against the west .

especialy in this time which many of the muslims countries are in war civil or soon .

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
i am only with peaceful protest .

let me clarify my point , there is no justification for the murderer of the americans in libya , or the voilence against US ambassady around the world , that 100/100 barbarin way to show the angry .

my point is why some westerns used to provoke muslims , inspite that they know that these kind of action increase the extremism and hate against the west .

especialy in this time which many of the muslims countries are in war civil or soon .

Godobeyer, from where I stand, the provocation is two-sided; neither side is clean in this scenario.

Did it ever occur to these people that if they'd stop reacting so violently and obnoxiously, perhaps people would stop mimicking them? It's like the bully in elementary school; ignore him and he'll get bored and move on.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
It's called freedom of speech. Which clearly the middle east has no concept of. Nobody is hurt (except maybe their feelings) by cartoons, films or words.

1,5 billion muslim hurt their feeling .
the feeling that we are talking about is hurt

the freedom of speech had limited , for my opinion .
if some one insult you , it's freedom of speech too !!
then ,if some one mock you faith , that's not freedom of speech it's called , freedom of insulting , freedom of insolence , freedom of misrespect ...etc

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Godobeyer, two questions:

1. Why react so violently about this? Why not peacefully protest and prove them wrong?

2. What would the Prophet have done?

I think the second question is the more important one, and leads back to the first.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
then ,if some one mock you faith , that's not freedom of speech it's called , freedom of insulting , freedom of insolence , freedom of misrespect ...etc
Freedom of speech is irrelevant to saying things which offend no one, because that is virtually always allowed.
The freedom to disagree, insult, mock, offend & annoy is what we consider the fundamental liberty.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

is not facture to increase the terrorism and extremism agaisnt the west people , especialy americans around the world ?

note :
this is not justify for the over reaction done by some muslims protestors , or the murderer of US ambassodor in Libya .

If there are books, movies, whatever that I find offensive, I respond by simply not viewing them and by ignoring them. You know, like a sensible, civilized adult.

We shouldn't start stripping rights and liberty away just because people behave like beasts. We shouldn't bow out of fear, then we only serve to reward and reinforce their savagery.

outhouse

Atheistically

note :

this is a complete lack of understanding by those who cannot control their hate and violent ways.

it is also ignorance on their part to understand it is not a cultures expressions, but that of one individual's opinion.

we have freedom of speech, and some cultures have a hard time understanding that freedom, and are ignorant when it comes to dealing with it using hatred and violence in the name of their religion that condemns their behaviour

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Freedom of speech is irrelevant to saying things which offend no one, because that is virtually always allowed.
The freedom to disagree, insult, mock, offend & annoy is what we consider the fundamental liberty.

what about the beliefs of the others ? what is the freedom of speech limite , or there is no limite ?

Tristesse

Yes, freedom of speech allows for feelings to be hurt, thats the free part. If nobody had any objections then there would be no need for freedom of speech.

outhouse

Atheistically

you have the freedom to ignore

the freedom to turn it off

the freedom to walk away

the feedom to laugh about how ignorant the creator is in creating something you feel is not true

Last edited:

Tristesse

what about the beliefs of the others ? what is the freedom of speech limite ?

You can still hold those beliefs. By mocking your beliefs it does not inhibbit your right to hold those beliefs whatsoever. It's called living in a free society, but if people are so offended by mocking that they want to physically harm you, then maybe those people need to re-evaluate their beliefs because those beliefs sound like their on shakey ground. But lets be clear, the type of mocking we're talking about in this thread is cartoons and movies, not the "in your face" type of mocking.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Yes, freedom of speech allows for feelings to be hurt, thats the free part. If nobody had any objections then there would be no need for freedom of speech.
Wooooow
then you accept the mock and insult ?!!!