• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cats....All About Cats

WhyIsThatSo

Wrong, little boy.

You and I are not "on par" with Jesus Christ.
You just "believe" we are.

You have made up your own Christian doctrines, a one-man show.
I do not believe in all the Christian doctrines, but they have you beat hands down...

Now I am going back to my real job. This is how I spend my lunch hour. :rolleyes:

Yes, go on back to "sleep",
sorry I woke you ( or tried to ).

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
kliban-bw-04.jpg

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I can prove every word I'm saying,
using the very same scriptures you "think" you know,

I can prove it to ANY reasonable person,
who has an open mind and has not been lulled to "sleep".
The Bible scriptures do not PROVE anything because they can be interpreted to SAY anything you WANT them to say.

Any logical person would understand this, but sadly many Christians are illogical. They all believe they KNOW what the Bible means but that is logically impossible since their interpretations contradict each other. So either only one of them is right or none of them are right or they are all right about some things but wrong about others. I vote for the latter.

I think that Christians all have part of the Truth, just not ALL of the Truth, and the REASON for that is because the Bible is not the only Word of God, and it is not the most current. More Truth has been revealed since the Bible was written, in the Qur’an and the Writings of Baha’u’llah. The most current Truth explains the meaning of what was written before it.

Ever since the Bible was written Christians have been shooting in the dark trying to figure out what it meant. If Christians had been able to understand what the Bible means, they would not have had to hold councils like the Council of Nicaea to try to agree upon things like the nature of Jesus, whether he was God or a man. If Christians had been able to understand what the Bible means Daniel would not have said this:

Daniel Chapter 12: 4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end:many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. 8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things? 9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

What this says is that many would run to and fro, not understanding the meaning of the Bible. The words would be closed up and sealed until the time of the end because nobody could really understand what they mean. But those that waited the 2,300 years would know….

The 2,300 years came in 1844 and the book was unsealed by the Bab and Baha’u’llah. Baha’u’llah unsealed the Bible and explained much of its formerly abstruse meanings that nobody could formerly understand.

By contrast, I know what the Bible means because I have the advantage of a Revelation from God that came after the Bible was revealed and Baha’u’llah and His appointed interpreters explained what the Bible means. It is now the “time of the end” and Baha’u’llah has unsealed the book so we can understand what it means.

“Know assuredly that just as thou firmly believest that the Word of God, exalted be His glory, endureth for ever, thou must, likewise, believe with undoubting faith that its meaning can never be exhausted. They who are its appointed interpreters, they whose hearts are the repositories of its secrets, are, however, the only ones who can comprehend its manifold wisdom. Whoso, while reading the Sacred Scriptures, is tempted to choose therefrom whatever may suit him with which to challenge the authority of the Representative of God among men, is, indeed, as one dead, though to outward seeming he may walk and converse with his neighbors, and share with them their food and their drink.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 175-176

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yes, go on back to "sleep",
sorry I woke you ( or tried to ).
I was not asleep, I was at the library on my lunch hour...

Imo, some of what you believe is the truth, but some of it is your own fantasy belief because it is not based upon a correct interpretation of the Bible, and some of it is not even based upon the Bible. But no worries, as I have so I have plenty of practice posting to people who believe in fantasies. I have been posting to an atheist on other forums for six years and he lives in a complete fantasy. He believes that since God does not communicate directly to everyone that means God does not exist. Of course that assumes that if God existed God would communicate directly to everyone, and that is completely insane, as there is no reason why God is obligated to communicate directly to everyone and many reasons why God would never do so.

He says that he knows that if God existed God would never use Messengers, but how can he know that? Whenever people say they know something and that everyone who does not agree with them is wrong, that is the epitome of arrogance. It boggles the imagination just how blind they are to their own arrogance.

One thing these people have in common is that they never have a real dialogue with anyone, they just talk at people, because of course there is nothing they can learn from anyone since they already know everything.

Another thing these people have in common is that they do not answer any direct questions with a direct answer but rather they deflect and obfuscate. The obvious reason they won’t answer is because they do not have an answer, or any answer they might have would make them look foolish.

Another thing they have in common is that they have absolutely no evidence to support their beliefs or arguments, they just know. Because they cannot explain how they know things nobody else knows, when they are asked for evidence they carefully change the subject.

These types of people do not like me very much because I call them out and ask them questions at which time they usually go running away with their tail between their legs.

I do not know if I am the only one who notices how these people operate, but I don’t think so. They are as transparent as glass right after the window washer has come. Everyone can see through them but most people are too nice to say anything. Because I believe that justice is as important as love, I often call them out.

If you say you know certain things and everyone who does not agree with you is wrong, yet you have no evidence to prove what you say you know, you are no different from my atheist poster.

WhyIsThatSo

I was not asleep, I was at the library on my lunch hour...

Imo, some of what you believe is the truth, but some of it is your own fantasy belief because it is not based upon a correct interpretation of the Bible, and some of it is not even based upon the Bible. But no worries, as I have so I have plenty of practice posting to people who believe in fantasies. I have been posting to an atheist on other forums for six years and he lives in a complete fantasy. He believes that since God does not communicate directly to everyone that means God does not exist. Of course that assumes that if God existed God would communicate directly to everyone, and that is completely insane, as there is no reason why God is obligated to communicate directly to everyone and many reasons why God would never do so.

He says that he knows that if God existed God would never use Messengers, but how can he know that? Whenever people say they know something and that everyone who does not agree with them is wrong, that is the epitome of arrogance. It boggles the imagination just how blind they are to their own arrogance.

One thing these people have in common is that they never have a real dialogue with anyone, they just talk at people, because of course there is nothing they can learn from anyone since they already know everything.

Another thing these people have in common is that they do not answer any direct questions with a direct answer but rather they deflect and obfuscate. The obvious reason they won’t answer is because they do not have an answer, or any answer they might have would make them look foolish.

Another thing they have in common is that they have absolutely no evidence to support their beliefs or arguments, they just know. Because they cannot explain how they know things nobody else knows, when they are asked for evidence they carefully change the subject.

These types of people do not like me very much because I call them out and ask them questions at which time they usually go running away with their tail between their legs.

I do not know if I am the only one who notices how these people operate, but I don’t think so. They are as transparent as glass right after the window washer has come. Everyone can see through them but most people are too nice to say anything. Because I believe that justice is as important as love, I often call them out.

If you say you know certain things and everyone who does not agree with you is wrong, yet you have no evidence to prove what you say you know, you are no different from my atheist poster.

"JESUS SAID, " I TOOK MY PLACE IN THE MIDST OF THE WORLD, AND I APPEARED TO THEM IN THE FLESH.
I FOUND THEM ALL INTOXICATED; I FOUND NONE OF THEM THIRSTY. AND MY SOUL BECAME AFFLICTED FOR
THE SONS OF MEN BECAUSE THEY ARE BLIND IN THEIR HEARTS AND DO NOT HAVE SIGHT. FOR EMPTY THEY
CAME INTO THE WORLD, AND EMPTY TOO THEY SEEK TO LEAVE THE WORLD. BUT FOR THE MOMENT THEY
ARE INTOXICATED. WHEN THEY SHAKE OFF THEIR WINE, THEN THEY WILL CHANGE THEIR MINDS "

(GOSPEL OF THOMAS)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
"JESUS SAID, " I TOOK MY PLACE IN THE MIDST OF THE WORLD, AND I APPEARED TO THEM IN THE FLESH.
I FOUND THEM ALL INTOXICATED; I FOUND NONE OF THEM THIRSTY. AND MY SOUL BECAME AFFLICTED FOR THE SONS OF MEN BECAUSE THEY ARE BLIND IN THEIR HEARTS AND DO NOT HAVE SIGHT. FOR EMPTY THEY CAME INTO THE WORLD, AND EMPTY TOO THEY SEEK TO LEAVE THE WORLD. BUT FOR THE MOMENT THEY ARE INTOXICATED. WHEN THEY SHAKE OFF THEIR WINE, THEN THEY WILL CHANGE THEIR MINDS "

(GOSPEL OF THOMAS)

Another thing these people have in common is that they do not answer any direct questions with a direct answer but rather they deflect and obfuscate.

WhyIsThatSo

Another thing these people have in common is that they do not answer any direct questions with a direct answer but rather they deflect and obfuscate.

"For he who has not known himself, has known nothing. But he who has known himself has at the same time already
achieved knowledge about the depth of the ALL " ( Gospel of Thomas )