• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cats....All About Cats

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
WildcatFigure0.gif

I liked those old Kliban cat cartoons, like this one:

a1e999afbfbb62f23036f98118111bb6.gif

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You are in error. Reincarnation is the norm for every person here.
You still have not shown me where the Bible says that we come back to this earth.
When we die, we do go into another "realm", so you are correct in this.
But we do not stay there.
I believe we do stay there.
And we go to a "place" that is exactly where we "want" to go.
depending on what we know, what we don't know, what we understand, what we don't understand, etc.

it is as different and as unique of an experience,
as we are all as different and unique as individual "souls"
I do not believe that everyone will “want” to be where they end up, but once they die they will be stuck there, unless God has mercy on their soul.

I agree that we are all as different and unique as individual "souls."
We can only stay there as long as our "astral form" (body) allows it.
As that body too will "die" (dissolve). " ...this is the SECOND DEATH..." ( revelation 21:8 )

Then we come back to this earth in another physical body,
to live and learn again, until we are "ripe" for the "harvest",
Then we get to go home.
Believe what you want to, I consider this complete blarney, based upon yet one more Christian misinterpretation of the Bible.

When will it ever end?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
No, our "soul" is what KEEPS us here on this earth, lifetime after lifetime.
The "soul" is between the "body" and the "spirit".

We must come to "know" who we are, and that "Spirit" is who we are.
The "soul" is just all the metaphysical "layers" that make up this physical body.
and there are 7 "layers", that we have to "overcome" before we can "release" the "soul".

These 7 "layers" are our "subtle bodies" , you will find many variations of this.
1 - the etheric body
2 - the emotional body
3 - the mental body
4 - the astral body
5 - the etheric template body
6 - the celestial body
7 - the CAUSAL body/etheric template
All of this is simply a man-made philosophy. You have no proof any of this is true.

NONE of this is in any scriptures so I am not obliged to believe any of it.

I only believe what God reveals through His Messengers.

I believe that after our body dies our soul ascends to the spiritual world and it never comes back to this world again....

And I thank God for that. No “loving” God would ever send us back to this mortal world of dust, this storehouse of suffering. However, I rest on the assurance that this world is not forever.

“O My servants! Sorrow not if, in these days and on this earthly plane, things contrary to your wishes have been ordained and manifested by God, for days of blissful joy, of heavenly delight, are assuredly in store for you. Worlds, holy and spiritually glorious, will be unveiled to your eyes. You are destined by Him, in this world and hereafter, to partake of their benefits, to share in their joys, and to obtain a portion of their sustaining grace. To each and every one of them you will, no doubt, attain.” Gleanings, p. 329

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Perhaps if people are "offended" by my words,
then they are supposed to be "offended" ?
So, is it me personally, or is it His words ?

Because no one here knows me personally, I'm guessing it's His words.

I am guessing it is your words because nobody here has reacted to His Words.
and if I were you, I would really be trying to find out who this "plant" is that will be uprooted
according to His words here :

"Then the disciples came and said to him (Jesus), " Do you realize that the Pharisees were OFFENDED by what you just said ? "
"He (Jesus) replied, " Every plant that my Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots " (Mathew 15:12-13)
Simple, it means plants planted by anyone except God will never grow.

That would include plants you have planted since you are not God.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Religious people making claims about The Unknown and Unknowable don't have much credibility for me. Because I don't trust people that much.
I do not trust people that much either.
That is why I have 10 cats.....
Cats rule in my house. :D
Cats can do no wrong, even when they do wrong, and they do. :(

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
The Truth of this world speaks for itself,
it's up to each of us to find it.

Most of us are lazy ( by nature ), so we don't "look" very hard.
Either way, I can you one thing,
it (truth) ain't gonna come and jump into your lap.

At least not very often, like it is right now.

So, nothing to do with the fact that people see truth differently and might be just as convinced as yourself? I have much to learn obviously - or maybe you do. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

WhyIsThatSo

All of this is simply a man-made philosophy. You have no proof any of this is true.

NONE of this is in any scriptures so I am not obliged to believe any of it.

I only believe what God reveals through His Messengers.

I believe that after our body dies our soul ascends to the spiritual world and it never comes back to this world again....

And I thank God for that. No “loving” God would ever send us back to this mortal world of dust, this storehouse of suffering. However, I rest on the assurance that this world is not forever.

“O My servants! Sorrow not if, in these days and on this earthly plane, things contrary to your wishes have been ordained and manifested by God, for days of blissful joy, of heavenly delight, are assuredly in store for you. Worlds, holy and spiritually glorious, will be unveiled to your eyes. You are destined by Him, in this world and hereafter, to partake of their benefits, to share in their joys, and to obtain a portion of their sustaining grace. To each and every one of them you will, no doubt, attain.” Gleanings, p. 329

That's correct, no "loving" God would want to keep us here,
and until you know who you are, and that the "God" that created this hell hole,

IS NOT the "Father" ( the True God ), then you will stay here as long as it takes for you to KNOW this.

WhyIsThatSo

I am guessing it is your words because nobody here has reacted to His Words.

Simple, it means plants planted by anyone except God will never grow.

That would include plants you have planted since you are not God.

The "plant" that my Heavenly Father did not "plant"......
IS THIS "WORLD".

WhyIsThatSo

So, nothing to do with the fact that people see truth differently and might be just as convinced as yourself? I have much to learn obviously - or maybe you do. :rolleyes:

Of course people "see" truth differently, isn't that the problem to begin with ?
I don't expect you to understand me, because you can't now.

but I know the time will come soon when you will,
then you will remember that someone loved you enough to tell you the Truth.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
the "God" that created this hell hole,
IS NOT the "Father" ( the True God )
Then who do "you believe" created this hellhole, some evil God?
Sorry, I cannot abide by such a fantasy, that there are two Gods.
Here is what "I believe" about the one true God who created the universe.

3: O SON OF MAN! Veiled in My immemorial being and in the ancient eternity of My essence, I knew My love for thee; therefore I created thee, have engraved on thee Mine image and revealed to thee My beauty.

4: O SON OF MAN! I loved thy creation, hence I created thee. Wherefore, do thou love Me, that I may name thy name and fill thy soul with the spirit of life.”

5: O SON OF BEING! Love Me, that I may love thee. If thou lovest Me not, My love can in no wise reach thee. Know this, O servant.
The Hidden Words of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 4

WhyIsThatSo

Then who do "you believe" created this hellhole, some evil God?
Sorry, I cannot abide by such a fantasy, that there are two Gods.
Here is what "I believe" about the one true God who created the universe.

3: O SON OF MAN! Veiled in My immemorial being and in the ancient eternity of My essence, I knew My love for thee; therefore I created thee, have engraved on thee Mine image and revealed to thee My beauty.

4: O SON OF MAN! I loved thy creation, hence I created thee. Wherefore, do thou love Me, that I may name thy name and fill thy soul with the spirit of life.”

5: O SON OF BEING! Love Me, that I may love thee. If thou lovest Me not, My love can in no wise reach thee. Know this, O servant.
The Hidden Words of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 4

I'm not saying to you what I "believe",
I AM telling you what I KNOW to be True.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The "plant" that my Heavenly Father did not "plant"......
IS THIS "WORLD".
I believe that the one true God created this world and all that is therein.

“God witnesseth that there is no God but Him, the Gracious, the Best-Beloved. All grace and bounty are His. To whomsoever He will He giveth whatsoever is His wish. He, verily, is the All-Powerful, the Almighty, the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 73

You can choose to believe whatever you want to believe.

WhyIsThatSo

I believe that the one true God created this world and all that is therein.

“God witnesseth that there is no God but Him, the Gracious, the Best-Beloved. All grace and bounty are His. To whomsoever He will He giveth whatsoever is His wish. He, verily, is the All-Powerful, the Almighty, the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 73

You can choose to believe whatever you want to believe.

That's correct....we can believe lies,
or we can believe Truth

even when the choice is not always our own.