• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cats....All About Cats

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I'm still waiting for the interpretation of the two verses I quoted to you,
The one from the Gospel of Thomas, and the counterpart from the book of Revelation.

I haven't heard anything from you,
I wonder why ?
Because I've read enough of your self aggrandizing posts to stop bothering with you mostly. Especially your personal interpretation of the Bible.
I don't care.
Tom

WhyIsThatSo

Because I've read enough of your self aggrandizing posts to stop bothering with you mostly. Especially your personal interpretation of the Bible.
I don't care.
Tom

of course, that must be WHY you are "following" me,
but watch out, your "friends" might see you.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
of course, that must be WHY you are "following" me,
but watch out, your "friends" might see you.
cats-have-muscles-in-each-ear-to.jpg

Tom

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Surely you can't believe that this one lifetime is all there is . That would be the cruelest of cruelties.
What you are saying is that a tiny baby who dies at 6 weeks or even 6 months old is "lost" somehow forever ?
And that's just one example of the absurdity of it.
I am not saying that this is this lifetime is all there is. I believe there is another life after this life, where we will continue to exist for all of eternity.... There is another world we go to, a spiritual world, after we leave this world. Actually, there are many worlds that will open up to us after we leave this world.

“As to thy question concerning the worlds of God. Know thou of a truth that the worlds of God are countless in their number, and infinite in their range. None can reckon or comprehend them except God, the All-Knowing, the All-Wise.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 151-152

“O My servants! Sorrow not if, in these days and on this earthly plane, things contrary to your wishes have been ordained and manifested by God, for days of blissful joy, of heavenly delight, are assuredly in store for you. Worlds, holy and spiritually glorious, will be unveiled to your eyes. You are destined by Him, in this world and hereafter, to partake of their benefits, to share in their joys, and to obtain a portion of their sustaining grace. To each and every one of them you will, no doubt, attain.” Gleanings, p. 329

There is absolutely no reason why anyone would have to come back to this world after they die because spiritual growth is limitless in the spiritual world.

“And now concerning thy question regarding the soul of man and its survival after death. Know thou of a truth that the soul, after its separation from the body, will continue to progress until it attaineth the presence of God, in a state and condition which neither the revolution of ages and centuries, nor the changes and chances of this world, can alter. It will endure as long as the Kingdom of God, His sovereignty, His dominion and power will endure. It will manifest the signs of God and His attributes, and will reveal His loving kindness and bounty.” Gleanings, pp. 155-156

If a child’s life is cut short, there is a recompense in the afterlife.

THE IMMORTALITY OF CHILDREN
Question.—What is the condition of children who die before attaining the age of discretion or before the appointed time of birth?
Answer.—These infants are under the shadow of the favor of God; and as they have not committed any sin and are not soiled with the impurities of the world of nature, they are the centers of the manifestation of bounty, and the Eye of Compassion will be turned upon them. Some Answered Questions, p. 240
There has been extensive research done over the last few hundred years,
and especially the last few decades that can EASILY PROVE reincarnation.
Only it is not "accepted" by the mainstream idiocracy……..YET.
You will never prove reincarnation, and one reason why is because no soul ever returns to this world. I already know what some people consider proof, what they consider memories of other lives they lived on earth, but that is not proof of reincarnation.
"But I tell you that Elijah has ALREADY COME, and they did not recognize him, but have done to him everything
they wished. In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer in their hands"

Then the disciples understood that he was talking to them ABOUT JOHN THE BAPTIST ( ELIJAH ) "
(Mathew 17:12-13)
“In John 1:19-28, John the Baptist is asked if he is Elijah, and he denies that he is Elijah (or the Prophet or the Christ). Yet in Matthew 11:14, Jesus says that John the Baptist is the “Elijah who is to come,” referring to the promise of Elijah to come before the day of the Lord in Malachi 4:5-6.” Faith Church

Reincarnation would be the soul of Elijah returning in John the Baptist. John the Baptist was not the reincarnation of Elijah… He was the spirit of Elijah returning in another man, John the Baptist. The soul of Jesus ascended to the spiritual world when he died on the cross, and His soul will remain in the spiritual world for all of eternity. However, the spirit of Jesus (the Christ Spirit) returned in another man with a new name and I believe that was Baha’u’llah.

Revelation 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Every soul is associated with a body while we are alive on earth; the body is unique and so is the soul. The soul is who we are, our person; it is unique and remains unique throughout all eternity. It does not come back to earth, become associated with another body, and take on another identity.The soul retains its uniqueness after we die, for all of eternity.

The soul of Jesus was unique to Jesus just as the soul of Baha’u’llahwas unique to Baha’u’llah, but they share the same spirit, the Christ Spirit.The soul never returns to earth after it ascends to the spiritual world. It is the spirit of Jesus that returned, not His soul or God forbid, His body, as many Christians believe.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Yes, I'm quite confident that I "know" more than YOU and ANY person in this forum.
That's what we (gnostics) do.....we "KNOW".

And maybe you didn't notice, but your "emotion" ( energy in motion ) is showing,
"sniff", "sniff"......smells like envy too.

I think it's what you know that is the issue - and much not being that useful. :rolleyes:

WhyIsThatSo

I am not saying that this is this lifetime is all there is. I believe there is another life after this life, where we will continue to exist for all of eternity.... There is another world we go to, a spiritual world, after we leave this world. Actually, there are many worlds that will open up to us after we leave this world.

“As to thy question concerning the worlds of God. Know thou of a truth that the worlds of God are countless in their number, and infinite in their range. None can reckon or comprehend them except God, the All-Knowing, the All-Wise.”

“O My servants! Sorrow not if, in these days and on this earthly plane, things contrary to your wishes have been ordained and manifested by God, for days of blissful joy, of heavenly delight, are assuredly in store for you. Worlds, holy and spiritually glorious, will be unveiled to your eyes. You are destined by Him, in this world and hereafter, to partake of their benefits, to share in their joys, and to obtain a portion of their sustaining grace. To each and every one of them you will, no doubt, attain.” Gleanings, p. 329

There is absolutely no reason why anyone would have to come back to this world after they die because spiritual growth is limitless in the spiritual world.

“And now concerning thy question regarding the soul of man and its survival after death. Know thou of a truth that the soul, after its separation from the body, will continue to progress until it attaineth the presence of God, in a state and condition which neither the revolution of ages and centuries, nor the changes and chances of this world, can alter. It will endure as long as the Kingdom of God, His sovereignty, His dominion and power will endure. It will manifest the signs of God and His attributes, and will reveal His loving kindness and bounty.” Gleanings, pp. 155-156

Question.—What is the condition of children who die before attaining the age of discretion or before the appointed time of birth?
Answer.—These infants are under the shadow of the favor of God; and as they have not committed any sin and are not soiled with the impurities of the world of nature, they are the centers of the manifestation of bounty, and the Eye of Compassion will be turned upon them. Some Answered Questions, p. 240

You will never prove reincarnation, and one reason why is because no soul ever returns to this world. I already know what some people consider proof, what they consider memories of other lives they lived on earth, but that is not proof of reincarnation.

“In John 1:19-28, John the Baptist is asked if he is Elijah, and he denies that he is Elijah (or the Prophet or the Christ). Yet in Matthew 11:14, Jesus says that John the Baptist is the “Elijah who is to come,” referring to the promise of Elijah to come before the day of the Lord in Malachi 4:5-6.” Faith Church

Reincarnation would be the soul of Elijah returning in John the Baptist. John the Baptist was not the reincarnation of Elijah… He was the spirit of Elijah returning in another man, John the Baptist. The soul of Jesus ascended to the spiritual world when he died on the cross, and His soul will remain in the spiritual world for all of eternity. However, the spirit of Jesus (the Christ Spirit) returned in another man with a new name and I believe that was Baha’u’llah.

Revelation 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Every soul is associated with a body while we are alive on earth; the body is unique and so is the soul. The soul is who we are, our person; it is unique and remains unique throughout all eternity. It does not come back to earth, become associated with another body, and take on another identity.The soul retains its uniqueness after we die, for all of eternity.

The soul of Jesus was unique to Jesus just as the soul of Baha’u’llahwas unique to Baha’u’llah, but they share the same spirit, the Christ Spirit.The soul never returns to earth after it ascends to the spiritual world. It is the spirit of Jesus that returned, not His soul or God forbid, His body, as many Christians believe.

You are in error. Reincarnation is the norm for every person here.
When we die, we do go into another "realm", so you are correct in this.

But we do not stay there.
And we go to a "place" that is exactly where we "want" to go.
depending on what we know, what we don't know, what we understand, what we don't understand, etc.

it is as different and as unique of an experience,
as we are all as different and unique as individual "souls"

We can only stay there as long as our "astral form" (body) allows it.
As that body too will "die" (dissolve). " ...this is the SECOND DEATH..." ( revelation 21:8 )

Then we come back to this earth in another physical body,
to live and learn again, until we are "ripe" for the "harvest",
Then we get to go home.

WhyIsThatSo

No, our "soul" is what KEEPS us here on this earth, lifetime after lifetime.
The "soul" is between the "body" and the "spirit".

We must come to "know" who we are, and that "Spirit" is who we are.
The "soul" is just all the metaphysical "layers" that make up this physical body.
and there are 7 "layers", that we have to "overcome" before we can "release" the "soul".

These 7 "layers" are our "subtle bodies" , you will find many variations of this.
1 - the etheric body
2 - the emotional body
3 - the mental body
4 - the astral body
5 - the etheric template body
6 - the celestial body
7 - the CAUSAL body/etheric template

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
There is something about cats that is strangely
absent from this thread.....of course it could be out of fear.....because this is something cats don't WANT you to know about

images

snipercat.jpg

1r0dpc.jpg

Cat+sniper_9a7126_6050165.jpg

images

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
lol.....no, you can take any "path" you like,
you are free to choose.

But there is ONLY ONE "WAY" home.

Same thing, different words. That is, the world or reality as you see it. No possibility of it being any different - which is simple arrogance.