• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Challenge for those that believe in billions of years for the age of things. Give anything that is more than 6000 years old. NO ASSUMPTIONS ALLOWED.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I did not assume. I assumed no God and proved God cerated all using the law of non contradiction.
I also proved God created all things using mathematical induction.
Both are irrefutable.
No, you didn't. You even admitted that you did not by running away from a discussion on your errors.

If your God exists you are in big big trouble.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If a proposition that there is no God is accepted as a premise excludes a conclusion that God exists. also, your initial ASSUMPTION must support your premises

An argument is valid if and only if in every case where all the premises are true, the conclusion is true. Otherwise, the argument is invalid.

Your argument violates the law of contradiction: the law of non-contradiction (LNC) (also known as the law of contradiction, the principle of non-contradiction (PNC), or the principle of contradiction) states that contradictory propositions cannot both be true in the same sense at the same time, e. g. the two propositions "p is the case" and "p is not the case" are mutually exclusive.

No proofs are presented since only proofs of Math Theorems are where axioms are universally accepted, and do not violate the law of contradiction. The most you can do is claim prove your own ASSUMPTIONS to yourself what you believe and nothing else.

Present your arguments without making ASSUMPTIONS that are only accepted by those who believe as you do. Remember NO ASSUMPTIONS ALLOWED.
I found more than one false premise in his "induction" argument. When I tried to explain that to him was when he started running away. Which is of course admitting that one is wrong in a debate. One has to either defend one's claims or they are refuted by lack of support.

SavedByTheLord

I found more than one false premise in his "induction" argument. When I tried to explain that to him was when he started running away. Which is of course admitting that one is wrong in a debate. One has to either defend one's claims or they are refuted by lack of support.
What was it ?

Astrophile

And when there is a global flood then they are laid down many 10,000s in a year or so.
That means more than one varve per hour. Floods are common occurrences. Can you show any example of varved sediments deposited by ordinary floods? They have to be described as varves in a paper published in a peer-reviewed journal.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That means more than one varve per hour. Floods are common occurrences. Can you show any example of varved sediments deposited by ordinary floods? They have to be described as varves in a paper published in a peer-reviewed journal.
And that is an easy one. Try explaining this:

Six million years of annual varves.

Another favorite example has only 260,000 layers. But they are an evaporite complex meaning that the flood dried up that many times:

1699141838729.png

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Laid down by the worldwide flood.
How? Remember, if you cannot support your claim it is no different than you admitting that you are wrong. You need more than handwaving and a magic book to beat peer reviewed science.

I could invent my own God, just as you have invented yours and say "All pooped out by the FSM after one heck of a spaghetti dinner". I would have just as much evidence for that as you have for your beliefs.

SavedByTheLord

How? Remember, if you cannot support your claim it is no different than you admitting that you are wrong. You need more than handwaving and a magic book to beat peer reviewed science.

I could invent my own God, just as you have invented yours and say "All pooped out by the FSM after one heck of a spaghetti dinner". I would have just as much evidence for that as you have for your beliefs.
Actually Mount Saint Helen’s provided a refutation to the varve theory. So again you are wrong.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Actually Mount Saint Helen’s provided a refutation to the varve theory. So again you are wrong.

Sorry, I do not read lunatic sites. You need to quote them and defend their claims. Make your case. Make sure that you use proper reasoning. And real science.

SavedByTheLord

Sorry, I do not read lunatic sites. You need to quote them and defend their claims. Make your case. Make sure that you use proper reasoning. And real science.
So all 3 are lunatic sites?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

McBell

Admiral Obvious
So all 3 are lunatic sites?

So how much did you pay to read that article?
Bet you did not know that you have to pay to read the whole thing.

Thats what happens when you merely read the titles.

khdgg.JPG

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So how much did you pay to read that article?
Bet you did not know that you have to pay to read the whole thing.

Thats what happens when you merely read the titles.
He probably did not even fully read the abstract. Supposedly there were layers that looked like varves. The problem with that is that geologists very rarely stop at just surface looks. One extremely common investigation technique of geology is to take a rock sample and use it to make a "thin section". That is where one takes thee sample and cuts a piece of the rock that is already fairly thin, attaches it to a glass slide for a microscope and then grinds it down to a very thin sample. For a sedimentary rocks the most common way to do that would be to take a sample that is 90 degrees to the bedding allowing the analysis of multiple layers at once, Though one will probably take one parallel to the bedding as well. But the one perpendicular allows one to investigate the sample using a cross polarized microscope. Different minerals will rotate polarized light in different ways so it is very easy to determine what minerals one is seeing. And the microscope also allows one to determine the source by various visual cues. Sediments from a volcanic source are going to look very different from sediments that are the from the process of erosion.

In other words, a nonexpert could be easily confused by the layers from a volcano possibly. But even a geology undergrad could spot the difference between sediments from a volcanic explosion and from weathering.

What gets me is that he always thinks that he has a refutation and he only makes himself look foolish by relying on Liars for Jesus rather than asking questions. It makes him too easy to dismiss out of hand.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Just to show you how easy it is to spot the difference. I could not find thin sections for the work he linked, but here is a picture that shows various different volcanic ash deposits in thin section:

1699287986052.png

Please note the various scales. They are from 0.1 mm to 0.5 mm. We want to keep everything roughly the same. Here is a picture of a varve deposit in thin section at several different magnifications. It is a lake varve:

1699288295515.png

Now tell me, if you saw those, the top example has very angular sediments. The bottom has very rounded sediments. Without any training at all could you tell the difference between volcanic ash and deposits from natural erosion?

EDIT: Just in case it is needed. In the lower series "C" is at roughly the same scale as the images above. the line on the lower right shows a length of .140 mm.

SavedByTheLord

Just to show you how easy it is to spot the difference. I could not find thin sections for the work he linked, but here is a picture that shows various different volcanic ash deposits in thin section:

View attachment 84350

Please note the various scales. They are from 0.1 mm to 0.5 mm. We want to keep everything roughly the same. Here is a picture of a varve deposit in thin section at several different magnifications. It is a lake varve:

View attachment 84351

Now tell me, if you saw those, the top example has very angular sediments. The bottom has very rounded sediments. Without any training at all could you tell the difference between volcanic ash and deposits from natural erosion?

EDIT: Just in case it is needed. In the lower series "C" is at roughly the same scale as the images above. the line on the lower right shows a length of .140 mm.
And that is because the worldwide flood was different than all other catastrophes.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And that is because the worldwide flood was different than all other catastrophes.
You would have to find evidence for your claims to make them valid and you have no idea of what is and what is not evidence.

I would have asked you for evidence, but since you do not understand the concept you do not appear to have any.