• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian Teens Beheaded

Bennettresearch

Politically Incorrect
Sunstone said:
You cannot legitimately blame an entire religion for the actions of a few.
I strongly disagree Sun,

It is not a matter of blaming, it is a matter of being weary. The voices of the Muslim community at large are mostly silent about this. I hear very few of them openly condemn these kinds of attrocities. The Muslims themselves admit that they are trying to emerge from a 7th century mentality about their religion. The touchy feely Muslim defense league, (non Muslim americans) is in a serious state of denial. We have the right to expect them to address this problem and help cure it, not just stand back and let it happen over and over again until it becomes and even more serious problem. Maybe then we can be assured that their goal is peacful coexistence.

Pah

Uber all member
Sunstone said:
You cannot legitimately blame an entire religion for the actions of a few.
A few in a historical sense but blame is attendant on the church when it is predominate for the times.It casts doubt on everything the church stands for.

COLOR=Teal]A few in a historical sense but blame is attendant on the church when it is predominate for the times.It casts doubt on everything the church stands for.

I also disagree with Bennettresearch. It is, in fact, a very few today and his opinion would open up the whole Christian religion to a charge of homophobic hate for those that say nothing of the applicability of Jesus' love.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Bennettresearch said:
It is not a matter of blaming, it is a matter of being weary. The voices of the Muslim community at large are mostly silent about this. I hear very few of them openly condemn these kinds of attrocities. The Muslims themselves admit that they are trying to emerge from a 7th century mentality about their religion. The touchy feely Muslim defense league, (non Muslim americans) is in a serious state of denial. We have the right to expect them to address this problem and help cure it, not just stand back and let it happen over and over again until it becomes and even more serious problem. Maybe then we can be assured that their goal is peacful coexistence.
It is difficult not to sympathize with this sentiment. Were such acts perpetrated in the name of Christianity, I cannot but believe that there would be mass demonstrations, led by Christian leadership, repudiating the animals perteptating those crimes. Where is the Jihad against terrorism?

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
Deut. 10:19 said:
It is difficult not to sympathize with this sentiment. Were such acts perpetrated in the name of Christianity, I cannot but believe that there would be mass demonstrations, led by Christian leadership, repudiating the animals perteptating those crimes. Where is the Jihad against terrorism?

The great thing about Christianity, is that the psycho fundamentalists aren't really paid attention to anymore. More and more Christians are being drawn into the ranks of the morally conscious, despite Pat and Jerry's objections.

Bennettresearch

Politically Incorrect
Pah said:
A few in a historical sense but blame is attendant on the church when it is predominate for the times.It casts doubt on everything the church stands for.

COLOR=Teal]A few in a historical sense but blame is attendant on the church when it is predominate for the times.It casts doubt on everything the church stands for.

I also disagree with Bennettresearch. It is, in fact, a very few today and his opinion would open up the whole Christian religion to a charge of homophobic hate for those that say nothing of the applicability of Jesus' love.
Thank you Pah,

I couldn't figure out how to fit the antichristian thing but you did it for me. It seems that those who want to defend the other religions still don't have a problem bashing christians. The rule should apply to everyone and this is an important point in this thread.

Craig

Bennettresearch

Politically Incorrect
Happy Holloween Deut.

We are all bound by the same rules and must police our own ranks.

Tez

People now-a-days just use religion to justify the actions of there own sick pleasure. They bend the words of there religion's "Code of Conduct" so they can say my God told me to do it, and some how it makes it ok (In some people eyes).

- Tez

robtex

Veteran Member
Bennettresearch said:
. We have the right to expect them to address this problem and help cure it, not just stand back and let it happen over and over again until it becomes and even more serious problem. Maybe then we can be assured that their goal is peacful coexistence.
I concur for the following reasons:

a) The act was done was the implied acceptance from the muslim community. Hence the attachment of Allah to the death of those children. In a case like this indifference or apathy by muslim community is parallel or condoning the act.

b) The muslim community is in the best possible postion to identify the murders. Because of the attachement of Allah to the murder it is highly likey that these butchers pray side-by-side with other muslims everyday. It is equally likley that they have mentioned killing Christians at some point. To withhold this info, even for investigation purposes is again to condon the murders.

c) Bennett calls it a problem, as do I and I am guessing most of you. But, until the muslim community (an implied benefacator of the murders) acknowledges or addresses it as a problem it will not been seen as such by murders. Again apathy is the context of this situation an act of condonence.

d) If the Muslim community does write it off with indifference future violence by both sides, will be carried out with a higher level of moral justification. However Muslims condemning the acts for the brutual evil murders that they creates a new and better duality of moral theists (muslims and christians) who oppose God propogated murders and theists murders. This is a better paradigm from my vantage point than Christians and Muslims.

robtex said:
d) If the Muslim community does write it off with indifference future violence by both sides, will be carried out with a higher level of moral justification.
which is a huge problem.

Meesheltx

Fat Kat Matt said:
but i can find verses in the Koran that clearly state to kill the infidels. allah said it is okay. it is hypocritical.
I can find verses in the bible that say to kill those who worship a different God...yet people don't follow these rules. and many other verses that say to kill people for what i find to be ridiculous reasons. But we aren't condemning Christians for believing in this book...

its all about the people who believe and how they interpret things personally.

Yerda

Veteran Member
It is difficult not to sympathize with this sentiment. Were such acts perpetrated in the name of Christianity, I cannot but believe that there would be mass demonstrations, led by Christian leadership, repudiating the animals perteptating those crimes.
Why?

Where is the Jihad against terrorism?
What about the fatwa issued by Spain's Muslims against Al Qaeda?

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
Jaiket said:
What about the fatwa issued by Spain's Muslims against Al Qaeda?

Yeah, they've accomplished alot, considering that Spain is doing nothing to aid anyone in the war on terror and the fact that Spanish Muslims have contributed neither soldiers, funds or international/political aid to the cause. So, that fatwa, which is somewhat different than a jihad, is weak tea.

The Black Whirlwind

Meesheltx said:
I can find verses in the bible that say to kill those who worship a different God...yet people don't follow these rules. and many other verses that say to kill people for what i find to be ridiculous reasons. But we aren't condemning Christians for believing in this book...

its all about the people who believe and how they interpret things personally.
I too can find bible verses saying this. Neither religion is blameless. But an increasing, not decreasing, number of muslims are taking such verses seriously. Christianity has reformed, there is only a small minority of people who actually believe they should stone people, etc etc. Islam is not reforming, it is regressing.

Pah

Uber all member
Fat Kat Matt said:
I too can find bible verses saying this. Neither religion is blameless. But an increasing, not decreasing, number of muslims are taking such verses seriously. Christianity has reformed, there is only a small minority of people who actually believe they should stone people, etc etc. Islam is not reforming, it is regressing.
Put some numbers to that. Show us your statement has credibility rather than just being anti-muslim.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Fat Kat Matt said:
According to who? Some commentators on the Fox News Network?

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
Fat Kat Matt said:

I agree, that it has been regressing for the last fifty years, but I think it is in a stalemate now. Now is the time for reform and I believe we shall see it. Or world war. One or the other. *shrugs*

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Darkdale said:
I agree, that it has been regressing for the last fifty years, but I think it is in a stalemate now. Now is the time for reform and I believe we shall see it. Or world war. One or the other. *shrugs*
What's happened in Islam to make you think it has been regressing for the last 50 years?

Pah

Uber all member
Darkdale said:
You agree to what? ... an unsubstantiated statement? Perhaps you can provide creditibilty to the discussion you have with FKM?