• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians what do you think about Trump's convictions

We Never Know

No Slack
Well since this is religious forums...
We have heard what strong dems and strong repubs think...
So regardless of party what do the Christians here think of Trumps convictions.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
In which way are they notable?

Why should any religious or political groups find them remarkable?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Well since this is religious forums...
We have heard what strong dems and strong repubs think...
So regardless of party what do the Christians here think of Trumps convictions.
I never expected Trump to get a fair trial in NY or DC. I expect he will appeal as he has with the other case.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
It is interesting why all people are not judged the same way, in trials that look worse than communistic show trials.
And what do you base this on?

Tell us, how can any Christian support a man who cheated on all three wives, used a prostitute and then paid her off using illegally used monies, etc. So, while Melania is raising their son, Donald is out banging at least one woman and bragging how he can "grope women by the p***y". What kind of Christian is that, 1213? What about the unanimous verdict on all counts yesterday? Don't basic Judeo-Christian morals count?

metis

I never expected Trump to get a fair trial in NY or DC. I expect he will appeal as he has with the other case.

Reminds me of the trial of Jesus. The witnesses lied.

That ignores the paper trail that shows Trump was manipulating and misrepresenting his payments to a prostitute. They were definitely the "smoking gun" in this case.

And what do you base this on?
For example the case E.J.Carroll against Trump and Tara Reade against Joe Biden. If Biden would not be above the law, he would be judged the same way as Trump. But, interestingly in Trump case everyone believes Carroll's dubious claims, and Reade is defamed. It is disgustingly evil and hypocrite.
Tell us, how can any Christian support a man who cheated on all three wives, used a prostitute and then paid her off using illegally used monies, etc. So, while Melania is raising their son, Donald is out banging at least one woman and bragging how he can "grope women by the p***y". What kind of Christian is that, 1213? What about the unanimous verdict on all counts yesterday? Don't basic Judeo-Christian morals count?
Firstly, I don't think Trump was bragging, he was only telling the truth, if man is rich, he can do almost anything, without women complaining. That does not mean he necessary did so, or that it is good, only about the morals of women. Secondly, by what I know, it was Trump's lawyer who paid her off.

But, if Trump has cheated, it is wrong. Many men has unfortunately done the same. I don't see why make Trump so special in this case and judge him harder than all the other. I can forgive it. It doesn't mean I am ok with it.

However, I would also require more evidence than the word of a one woman who comes after decades to complain about it, especially when there is great probability that the story is totally made up to make Trump look bad.

It would be nice to know more about the unanimous verdict. We all knew before the trial that the justice system had decided that Trump is guilty. Saying he is guilty doesn't really mean anything in this case. Now it would be nice to know, what were the actual crimes, what laws did Trump brake and what is the evidence. I think that is important to know, because after that we can judge everyone else the same way. I believe most of the rich people can be judged the same way.

metis

For example the case E.J.Carroll against Trump and Tara Reade against Joe Biden. If Biden would not be above the law, he would be judged the same way as Trump. But, interestingly in Trump case everyone believes Carroll's dubious claims, and Reade is defamed. It is disgustingly evil and hypocrite.

If charges are presented against Biden, then let me know as he is not above the law.

Just a reminder that Trump was indicted by a grand jury of his peers months before his trial.

Firstly, I don't think Trump was bragging, he was only telling the truth, if man is rich, he can do almost anything, without women complaining.

I've listened to it numerous times and he certainly was bragging. Plus, he has had accounts of him doing this, such as the roughly 25 women who claimed he sexually assaulted them, including groping them.

But, if Trump has cheated, it is wrong. Many men has unfortunately done the same. I don't see why make Trump so special in this case and judge him harder than all the other.

Why should Trump be treated any different than others in our society? Why can't so many people be honest and condemn his frequent depraved actions and words-- and he still is doing it!

It would be nice to know more about the unanimous verdict. We all knew before the trial that the justice system had decided that Trump is guilty.

No, the justice system did not assume guilt, so where did you get this from? He was tried and found guilty unanimously, and we know that at least two of the jurors considered themselves to be conservatives. Juror #2 said (s)he watched Fox and Truth Social for news and said the evidence was overwhelming against Trump.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Firstly, I don't think Trump was bragging, he was only telling the truth, if man is rich, he can do almost anything, without women complaining.
You actually can't do whatever you want to a woman. Especially today when she's more empowered and less shamed, she's not going to like it, there's a chance she's going to complain.
But, if Trump has cheated, it is wrong. Many men has unfortunately done the same. I don't see why make Trump so special in this case and judge him harder than all the other. I can forgive it. It doesn't mean I am ok with it.
Ever hear of Clinton amd Lewenski?
And objectively the judge has been easier on Trump than what we'd get. If we violated court orders we'd already be sitting in jail.
However, I would also require more evidence than the word of a one woman who comes after decades to complain about it, especially when there is great probability that the story is totally made up to make Trump look bad.
Except the paper trail that verified what Daniels and Cohen said happened.
We all knew before the trial that the justice system had decided that Trump is guilty.
That's not how a jury trial works. It was the jury who unanimously decided he's guilty.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I can't stand Trump but I don't feel like he's being treated fairly. Oh well, I do think he deserves whatever happens to him. I feel like he's a pretty terrible person.