• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians what do you think about Trump's convictions

Not sure if you realize, but Hunter Biden was just convicted on gun charges. So why you're bringing him up as some sort of example of a person receiving some kind of preferential judicial treatment doesn't make any sense. He was treated the same way Trump was: The case was presented to a grand jury, that grand jury decided there was enough evidence to charge him, he was charged, he was provided with the right to defend himself, he was afforded a fair trial with a jury of his peers, and those peers returned with a verdict of guilty. All exactly as Trump's trial played out, from start to finish.
My point was that the issue was denied also by Joe Biden, which is election interfering the same way as when Trump allegedly didn't give right information. Trump was judged for that, Biden is not. So, there is double standard.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
My point was that the issue was denied also by Joe Biden, which is election interfering the same way as when Trump allegedly didn't give right information. Trump was judged for that, Biden is not. So, there is double standard.

Trump was tried and convicted in New York, which Biden has no involvement with on this.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The law is the law, thus if one is careless enough not to read what they're signing, that's their legal problem. Do you do this?

It's not so much the numbers that is the issue but was moving the monies involved from one bank account to someone else's bank account. so logically he had to know what he was doing. Cohen and Weisselberg both have served prison terms doing Trump's bidding.
Yes and just yesterday. I signed the paperwork connected with having my car repaired without reading anything on it.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The law is the law, thus if one is careless enough not to read what they're signing, that's their legal problem. Do you do this?

It's not so much the numbers that is the issue but was moving the monies involved from one bank account to someone else's bank account. so logically he had to know what he was doing. Cohen and Weisselberg both have served prison terms doing Trump's bidding.
I believe Trumps lawyer was willing to lie because he never forgave Trump for throwing him under the bus.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Oh good, then I can't wait to see the trials Biden and his family/associates will be enduring over the next 4 years.
Well, the first thing the Republicans will have to over come is the fact that they have thus far been completely unsuccessful in finding anything to charge Biden with.

But hey, I know you will not let truth or facts get in your way.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Well, the first thing the Republicans will have to over come is the fact that they have thus far been completely unsuccessful in finding anything to charge Biden with.

But hey, I know you will not let truth or facts get in your way.
Show me the man, I'll show you the crime.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
It seems to me if there is presidential immunity there should be the same for presidential candidates.

Absolute immunity would end our "justice is blind" approach per the Constitution. Why would you even propose such a thing? Should I have immunity no matter what I do? You?

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
What do you mean "the issue was denied also by Joe Biden"? Trump's denial of having sex with Stormy Daniels had nothing to do with his charges. Biden's opinion as a father has nothing to do with an election. There can be no double standard as there's no viable comparison to apply.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Absolute immunity would end our "justice is blind" approach per the Constitution. Why would you even propose such a thing? Should I have immunity no matter what I do? You?
Are you making major life-or-death decisions such as authorizing an airstrike to take out a terrorist leader overseas?

What do you mean "the issue was denied also by Joe Biden"? Trump's denial of having sex with Stormy Daniels had nothing to do with his charges. Biden's opinion as a father has nothing to do with an election. There can be no double standard as there's no viable comparison to apply.
Joe Biden told that the laptop story was not true, which was a lie. Trump's denial of having sex with Stormy can be true still, or has Trump said it happened?

What do you think was the reason why Trump was convicted?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
So, Biden's lies has not reached New York? :D
What lies?

I am beginning to suspect that you are merely blaming Biden even though Biden had nothing to do with it.

I mean, you are mighty long on accusations and near microscopic with evidence.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Joe Biden told that the laptop story was not true, which was a lie. Trump's denial of having sex with Stormy can be true still, or has Trump said it happened?

He was convicted on 34 counts of falsifying business records. The extenuating circumstance that it was done to fraudulently protect his federal election campaign made each document a felony act.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Joe Biden told that the laptop story was not true, which was a lie.
A lie or merely ignorance?

Trump's denial of having sex with Stormy can be true still, or has Trump said it happened?
Huh?
Trump had sex with Stormy.
Then Trump lied about knowing her
lied about seeing her
lied about having sex with her
lied about paying her to be quiet

So your above quoted bit does not make any sense as written.

trump was convicted because he was found guilty of falsifying. in the first degree. 34 business records.