• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians what do you think about Trump's convictions

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Even 1 vote could determine the outcome of an election.

IMO, if one doesn't vote, then they shouldn't complain.
With the electoral college, one vote almost certainly doesn't matter. I live in TX. Voting democrat will do nothing. I still go and vote against Cruz and Abbot and Paxton and Trump. But it doesn't matter.

If the presidency were determined by popular vote, then, conceivably, one vote could matter.

As it is, count the red states and their delegates, count the blue states and their delegates and then let the purple states vote.

We Never Know

No Slack
Even 1 vote could determine the outcome of an election.

IMO, if one doesn't vote, then they shouldn't complain.

Tell that to the 2,868,686 people who probably thought that in 2016 when they voted for Clinton.

Popular vote
Trump -62,984,828
Clinton -65,853,514

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
With the electoral college, one vote almost certainly doesn't matter. I live in TX. Voting democrat will do nothing. I still go and vote against Cruz and Abbot and Paxton and Trump. But it doesn't matter.

If the presidency were determined by popular vote, then, conceivably, one vote could matter.

As it is, count the red states and their delegates, count the blue states and their delegates and then let the purple states vote.
When we vote, we elect the electors for the Electoral College. However, I do agree with your gist that just going by the popular vote nationwide would be better.

Alien826

No religious beliefs
Have a look at this.

It fixes the problem without the need to amend the Constitution. Briefly, states pass a law to allocate all Electoral College votes to the candidate that gains the majority of the national vote (that's adding up all the votes). It doesn't require all states to participate, just enough to create a majority of Electors. It's already well under way, with 17 states and DC having passed laws that "trigger" when enough participate, totaling 209 votes with 61 more required.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
By what I know, Biden was behind Trump, before the weird things started to happen and vote counting continued longer than it should have.
There are no "weird things that started happening."
Trump lost. That's it.
There were recounts. Many of them, at Trump's behest.
He still lost.

Just because you're wining at the start of the counting and then later losing toward the end of the counting does mean something sinister is afoot. It just means you lost. That's how counting works. Like, when you're playing a game of chess with someone and you're winning at the start, then you end up losing the game. It doesn't mean you the other person cheated. It just means you lost the game.
Trump lost the game. Fair and square.

Last edited:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Because the windows were not blocked earlier random people could have seen earlier what happens. So, the question is now, why block them at that point and not in the first place?
Maybe someone realized that a stupid mob of people was standing outside watching?

The real question is, why do you think random people off the street should be coming in to observe anybody cast their anonymous vote in an election? They have certified election volunteers for that. And they have them for a reason.
Again, that question is irrelevant, because random people could watch earlier.
No, this is just your attempt at evading the question.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
It looks the same as for example in communistic Soviet Union. Meaning, there seems to be different standard to judge those that the regime doesn't like.
What on earth?

Do you have an example?

Do you think "communistic Soviet Union" held free and fair elections? Do you think they held free and fair court room trials where both sides get to present their case?

What on earth are you talking about??

Maybe someone realized that a stupid mob of people was standing outside watching?
So, this time the windows will be covered right from the beginning, not only when the suspicious things are done?
The real question is, why do you think random people off the street should be coming in to observe anybody cast their anonymous vote in an election? They have certified election volunteers for that. And they have them for a reason.
If they are not allowed, why the windows were not covered before they started to "count" the votes?

Do you think "communistic Soviet Union" held free and fair elections? Do you think they held free and fair court room trials where both sides get to present their case?
No, and it seems to be the same in U.S. at the moment. No one else would be judged the same way as Trump and his supporters, if they are on the side of democrats.

One example of this is the Jan. 6 tourists that were not treated like extremely violent BLM protesters. And what is sad is that apparently there are still people who have not had a speedy and public trial by an impartial jury as they should by the 6th amendment of the constitution.

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor; and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
One example of this is the Jan. 6 tourists that were not treated like extremely violent BLM protesters. And what is sad is that apparently there are still people who have not had a speedy and public trial by an impartial jury as they should by the 6th amendment of the constitution.
Over 100 Capitol Polce were injured, some very seriously, and this is your excuse??? Where's the compassion? Jesus taught love one another, not who cares.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
So, this time the windows will be covered right from the beginning, not only when the suspicious things are done?

If they are not allowed, why the windows were not covered before they started to "count" the votes?
I have no idea why you're stuck on this and are unable to respond to my questions (again).
Another poster already went into great detail with you on this. You're looking for something suspicious that just isn't there.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
No, and it seems to be the same in U.S. at the moment. No one else would be judged the same way as Trump and his supporters, if they are on the side of democrats.
This was in response to, "Do you think "communistic Soviet Union" held free and fair elections? Do you think they held free and fair court room trials where both sides get to present their case?"

No, it's not the same as "communistic Soviet Union" in the US "at the moment." Trump just underwent a fair trial, in which he had legal representation, in which his legal representation was involved in jury selection, both sides presented their cases and their evidence and a jury deliberated and came to a verdict. Do you think that's weird? Unfair? Has Trump been treated differently than everyone else here and how?

I'll have to ask again, is this how you think due process played out in "communistic Soviet Union?" I think not. I think they just grab you off the street, throw you in jail and throw away the key. What do you think?
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor; and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.
This sounds made up. But without actual examples and more details, I can't say much about it other than it sounds made up.

Any way you slice it, these people will get their day in court as well. They'll have the opportunity to defend themselves and present evidence, just like Trump has. Again, not something you typically see in "communistic Soviet Union."

Laniakea

Not of this world
Over 100 Capitol Polce were injured, some very seriously, and this is your excuse??? Where's the compassion? Jesus taught love one another, not who cares.
And in the BLM riots, 25 American citizens were killed. Where's your compassion? All I've heard are excuses being made for it.

This was in response to, "Do you think "communistic Soviet Union" held free and fair elections? Do you think they held free and fair court room trials where both sides get to present their case?"

No, it's not the same as "communistic Soviet Union" in the US "at the moment." Trump just underwent a fair trial, in which he had legal representation, in which his legal representation was involved in jury selection, both sides presented their cases and their evidence and a jury deliberated and came to a verdict. Do you think that's weird? Unfair? Has Trump been treated differently than everyone else here and how?
It is interesting that even former governor thinks it is partial.

‘And if his name was not Donald Trump, and if he wasn’t running for president . . . I’m telling you that case would have never been brought.’