• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians what do you think about Trump's convictions

Over 100 Capitol Polce were injured, some very seriously, and this is your excuse??? Where's the compassion? Jesus taught love one another, not who cares.
Excuse? I think the constitution should be valid, even if a person has done wrongly. Where is your compassion to the people who rot in Biden's dungeons without fair and speedy trial?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
It is interesting that even former governor thinks it is partial.

‘And if his name was not Donald Trump, and if he wasn’t running for president . . . I’m telling you that case would have never been brought.’
Not really.
See, Trump is a huge fan of having his butt kissed.
So he is really lapping up all the butt kissing he is currently receiving from all the VP hopefuls.

It is as though he is testing them out to see which ones will commit treason for him ....

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Excuse? I think the constitution should be valid, even if a person has done wrongly. Where is your compassion to the people who rot in Biden's dungeons without fair and speedy trial?
Sweet.
Will you be the first person ever to present a list of these "Biden Dungeon Dwellers" or are you also going to run tail tucked from it?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

‘And if his name was not Donald Trump, and if he wasn’t running for president . . . I’m telling you that case would have never been brought.’
I watched in on Real Time and the above is misleading because he was talking about one case if my memory is correct. If I have time, I'll rewatch it.

Also, just remember that the WSJ is a Murdoch publication, so,,,

metis

What arrogance you display thinking your opinions are more valid that a judge and jury of Trump's peers. And you show no empathy for the 100+ injured. Frankly, you should hide your head in shame.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

Who gives a rat's behind what the former governor thinks?

Please respond to the content of my post and point out where the "communistic Soviet Union" part comes into play.

No, it's not the same as "communistic Soviet Union" in the US "at the moment." Trump just underwent a fair trial, in which he had legal representation, in which his legal representation was involved in jury selection, both sides presented their cases and their evidence and a jury deliberated and came to a verdict. Do you think that's weird? Unfair? Has Trump been treated differently than everyone else here and how?

Laniakea

Not of this world
Who gives a rat's behind what the former governor thinks?

Please respond to the content of my post and point out where the "communistic Soviet Union" part comes into play.

No, it's not the same as "communistic Soviet Union" in the US "at the moment." Trump just underwent a fair trial, in which he had legal representation, in which his legal representation was involved in jury selection, both sides presented their cases and their evidence and a jury deliberated and came to a verdict. Do you think that's weird? Unfair? Has Trump been treated differently than everyone else here and how?
Because someone on the internet you don't know is more credible to you than former Governor Cuomo?
Oh well, standards change.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Because someone on the internet you don't know is more credible to you than former Governor Cuomo?
Oh well, standards change.
arangutan-monkey.gif

Please respond to the content of his post and point out where the "communistic Soviet Union" part comes into play.

Laniakea

Not of this world
View attachment 93354

Please respond to the content of his post and point out where the "communistic Soviet Union" part comes into play.

Not sure what any of that has to do with my post.
Must be a Wednesday.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Not sure what any of that has to do with my post.
Must be a Wednesday.
The GIF is a direct reflection of you dancing all around the post you refuse to actually repond to, which is the restof the post you quoted.

Really, seeing as it is a direct quote from th FIRST time you completely ignored it, I would have thought that someone with your superior observation skills would have seen it at least one of the times it was put right in front of your face.

Or is your superior observation skills only work with edited videos?

GardenLady

When we vote, we elect the electors for the Electoral College. However, I do agree with your gist that just going by the popular vote nationwide would be better.

Another option would be proportional assignment of electors, as in Maine and Nebraska.

I don't think it was fair, because no one else is judged the same way.

If I have understood correctly, the reason for Trumps judgment was interfering the election by hiding the truth. Please correct me, if I have understood incorrectly. Now, also Biden and his supporters did the same with claiming the Hunter laptop story was not true. IF the law would be the same for all, also they would get the same judgment as Trump. Because it is not so, U.S. reminds me of soviet style system. But, it is possible that I don't have correct understanding of the soviet system and it was actually not as bad as U.S. nowadays.

Sweet.
Will you be the first person ever to present a list of these "Biden Dungeon Dwellers" or are you also going to run tail tucked from it?
Here is one list of prisoners without fair trial. One example is Joseph Randall Biggs. I don't think there is any evidence for seditious conspiracy. Do you know any evidence for that crime and what it is?
  • Joseph Randall Biggs, 39, of Ormond Beach, Florida, was sentenced to 17 years in prison and 36 months of supervised release. The DOJ described him as a former Proud Boys leader and was found guilty of multiple felonies including seditious conspiracy.

I recommend to read also this:

...It is hard to reconcile these calm and even cordial scenes with the nearly four-year prison sentence Chansley now is serving for “obstructing an official proceeding.”... ...some of whom have been jailed without trial for two years,... ...“It is egregious the way these people have been treated, for as much as two years pretrial, before any finding of fact. When people find out what has been going on in the DC gulag, it is going to shock the American conscience forever,”... ...A new book about the J6 prisoners, “Due Process Denied,” tells a tale of hell in the Washington, DC, “gulag,” the Central Detention Facility in southeast Washington where most have been housed. Cynthia Hughes writes poignantly of one defendant who committed suicide rather than go back to jail... ...The defendants have been kept in a separate unit with mold on the walls, brown water and generally unsanitary conditions, are subjected to 23 hours a day of solitary confinement, denied adequate food, medical treatment and religious services....

It is almost funny how the Biden's regime spends money to find people to be prosecuted long time after the "crime". And yet at the same time serious criminals can go free.

...As part of the $1.7 trillion government spending package passed in December, $2.6 billion was allocated to the U.S. Attorneys, in part to support the Jan. 6 prosecutions...

No prison time for man who pleaded guilty to rape and sexual assault of four teenage girls

To me that all is worse than I would expect from communistic system, or kangaroo courts.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I don't think it was fair, because no one else is judged the same way.
Everyone else is judged in the Exact. Same. Way.

If you think otherwise, please point out where and how. Otherwise, you're just pushing bluster.
If I have understood correctly, the reason for Trumps judgment was interfering the election by hiding the truth. Please correct me, if I have understood incorrectly. Now, also Biden and his supporters did the same with claiming the Hunter laptop story was not true. IF the law would be the same for all, also they would get the same judgment as Trump. Because it is not so, U.S. reminds me of soviet style system. But, it is possible that I don't have correct understanding of the soviet system and it was actually not as bad as U.S. nowadays.
What I really, really want from you is a response to what I said and what I've asked you:

Not sure if you realize, but Hunter Biden was just convicted on gun charges. So why you're bringing him up as some sort of example of a person receiving some kind of preferential judicial treatment doesn't make any sense. He was treated the same way Trump was: The case was presented to a grand jury, that grand jury decided there was enough evidence to charge him, he was charged, he was provided with the right to defend himself, he was afforded a fair trial with a jury of his peers, and those peers returned with a verdict of guilty. All exactly as Trump's trial played out, from start to finish.

Under the Soviet system, you're pulled off the street, you are not afforded legal representation or a fair and free trial. Instead, you're just locked up in a jail forever and good luck to you. Because the government didn't like what you said about them. This is a far cry from the trials under discussion here, wouldn't you say?

metis

Here is one list of prisoners without fair trial. One example is Joseph Randall Biggs. I don't think there is any evidence for seditious conspiracy. Do you know any evidence for that crime and what it is?
  • Joseph Randall Biggs, 39, of Ormond Beach, Florida, was sentenced to 17 years in prison and 36 months of supervised release. The DOJ described him as a former Proud Boys leader and was found guilty of multiple felonies including seditious conspiracy.

I recommend to read also this:

...It is hard to reconcile these calm and even cordial scenes with the nearly four-year prison sentence Chansley now is serving for “obstructing an official proceeding.”... ...some of whom have been jailed without trial for two years,... ...“It is egregious the way these people have been treated, for as much as two years pretrial, before any finding of fact. When people find out what has been going on in the DC gulag, it is going to shock the American conscience forever,”... ...A new book about the J6 prisoners, “Due Process Denied,” tells a tale of hell in the Washington, DC, “gulag,” the Central Detention Facility in southeast Washington where most have been housed. Cynthia Hughes writes poignantly of one defendant who committed suicide rather than go back to jail... ...The defendants have been kept in a separate unit with mold on the walls, brown water and generally unsanitary conditions, are subjected to 23 hours a day of solitary confinement, denied adequate food, medical treatment and religious services....

It is almost funny how the Biden's regime spends money to find people to be prosecuted long time after the "crime". And yet at the same time serious criminals can go free.

...As part of the $1.7 trillion government spending package passed in December, $2.6 billion was allocated to the U.S. Attorneys, in part to support the Jan. 6 prosecutions...

No prison time for man who pleaded guilty to rape and sexual assault of four teenage girls

To me that all is worse than I would expect from communistic system, or kangaroo courts.
The latter is not a federal case, therefore the Biden Administration has no control or even influence over that.

Laniakea

Not of this world
The GIF is a direct reflection of you dancing all around the post you refuse to actually repond to, which is the restof the post you quoted.

Really, seeing as it is a direct quote from th FIRST time you completely ignored it, I would have thought that someone with your superior observation skills would have seen it at least one of the times it was put right in front of your face.

Or is your superior observation skills only work with edited videos?
Nothing regarding the topic then? Just personal attacks is what you're interested in doing?
Then you lost the debate long ago.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Why does Governor Cuomo have any credibility? Is his opinion somehow more credible than a judge and jury's?
During Covid, he was a media darling on the subject. I guess he had more credibility than a doctor or scientist.
My, how quickly you guys discard your heroes!