• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Come on, Creationists!

ppp

Ok, I take it that you can't give the correct answer, which is:
1 - New Testament
What makes you think I can't answer? Just because I don't limit myself to your array of choices. I think that Christianity is best defined by it's practical implementation. Ideals are all lovely and delightful and crap, but what matters the most is how things manifest in the real world. Even if I were to grant that your New testament is all love and light, which I definitely do not, the only thing that would matter in reality is how the religion affects people -- in reality.

Last edited by a moderator:

PruePhillip

What makes you think I can't answer? Just because I don't limit myself to your array of choices. I think that Christianity is best defined by it's practical implementation. Ideals are all lovely and delightful and crap, but what matters the most is how things manifest in the real world. Even if I were to grant that your New testament is all love and light, which I definitely do not, the only thing that would matter in reality is how the religion affects people -- in reality.

Do you feel Christianity is not reality? If you read Matt 5,6 and 7, the Sermon on the Mount, you get an idea
of the soaring moral demands that Jesus made. And standards he lived by. Sad to say most religious people
feel these standards are either over-the-top or not required because Jesus-has-done-it-all-for-us.

Audie

Veteran Member
So if someone from the deepest Amazon wants to know what Christianity is - do you get them to read:
1 - New Testament
2 - Western religious history
3 - various Internet opinions

If you are having a conversation with someone,
do you change the subject with every response?

Audie

Veteran Member
Yes, if you want to know what Christianity is then read the New Testament.
If you want to read 'Christian history' then read about the Catholics and Protestants.

What it is, is what people do.
Its like music or communism that way.

Reactions: ppp

Audie

Veteran Member
Do you feel Christianity is not reality? If you read Matt 5,6 and 7, the Sermon on the Mount, you get an idea
of the soaring moral demands that Jesus made. And standards he lived by. Sad to say most religious people
feel these standards are either over-the-top or not required because Jesus-has-done-it-all-for-us.

The "sermon on the mount"- which we do not
believe the claim of a verbatim transcription-
Is folk wisdom.

As if we dont teach the same things here!

PruePhillip

The "sermon on the mount"- which we do not
believe the claim of a verbatim transcription-
Is folk wisdom.

As if we dont teach the same things here!

True, it's just seen as folk wisdom. Increasingly it isn't even considered wisdom.
Read my profile below - it's stats from our post-religion age.

PruePhillip

What it is, is what people do.
Its like music or communism that way.

Reminds me of Californian new maths - focus upon social justice. Other states might follow
but it still aint maths. And the end results are obvious. Same with Christianity and the West.

Audie

Veteran Member
Reminds me of Californian new maths - focus upon social justice. Other states might follow
but it still aint maths. And the end results are obvious. Same with Christianity and the West.
Reminds me of someone who changes the subject, and claims True Scotsman status.

ppp

I think that you are oblivious to the contents of the post to which you're ostensibly ostensibly responding

ppp

Either that or you don't accept my answers to the questions posed to me.
Answering a question posed to you involves engaging with what was actually asked in the text of the question. You don't do that. You just recite random statements from your script. I may start pasting my posts into Google and comparing relevance of the output from a search to your responses. I suspect the Google will win!

PruePhillip

Answering a question posed to you involves engaging with what was actually asked in the text of the question. You don't do that. You just recite random statements from your script. I may start pasting my posts into Google and comparing relevance of the output from a search to your responses. I suspect the Google will win!

I often resort to Google in discussions, ie Ukraine on the political forum, but generally there's no need for me to
resort to Google for religious stuff as I have been embedded in religion all my life.And few Google answers are
to my satisfaction, or even relevant.
Is there some question you need me to specfically answer?

ppp

i don't need for you to do anything whatsoever. I don't even need you to exist, If you cannot hold up your end of the conversation, as seems to be the case, then I will move on.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Come on, Creationists!

Yes, I do understand, that the Creator G-d set a system/process for everything to evolve, and lo it started evolving and hence the "evolution" , please? Right?
I have come here, my friend. Right?

Regards

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Your word 'claim' is the key here - at one stage the Roman Catholic Church made it illegal for you not to be a Roman Catholic.
So everyone in the Western world was a Catholic, whether they liked it or not - even rapists and serial killers.
I take 'true Christians' to be how the New Testament defines them - someone murdering others in the name of God is not a
true Christian.

And no true Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge.

Audie

Veteran Member
I often resort to Google in discussions, ie Ukraine on the political forum, but generally there's no need for me to
resort to Google for religious stuff as I have been embedded in religion all my life.And few Google answers are
to my satisfaction, or even relevant.

Think of it like a test in school
Response must relate to question