• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Comparing the Bible to the Qur'an.

stevecanuck

I believe neither of those come from the Qu'ran.

My experience with this forum is that going to the trouble of providing quotes to prove my point is a waste of time.

Please tell me, if I did give you quotes to ponder would you do so in good faith? (You would be the first - just mine through this thread for countless examples.)

Muffled

Jesus in me
My experience with this forum is that going to the trouble of providing quotes to prove my point is a waste of time.

Please tell me, if I did give you quotes to ponder would you do so in good faith? (You would be the first - just mine through this thread for countless examples.)
I believe I always answer in good faith. My aim is to hear and speak the truth.

stevecanuck

I believe I always answer in good faith. My aim is to hear and speak the truth.

Okay, let's start with my claim that "every terrorist action 'in the cause of Allah' occurs because of that book [the Qur'an]".

Chronologically, one of the last commands to fight (perhaps the last) is verse 9:29 (The Quranic Arabic Corpus - Translation)

Shakir: Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Messenger have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.

There can be no doubt of what it says. Those Muslims who are waging military jihad, and their supporters and financiers, are obeying the letter of this verse.

stevecanuck

You are not qualified to interpret the Qur'an .. you do not even believe. :rolleyes:

I see your :rolleyes: and raise you :rolleyes::rolleyes:.

I do not interpret the Qur'an. I read the interpretations of the world's most renowned interpreters.

Btw, when an ad hominem is all you have, you would be better served in not drawing attention to your lack of argument by just saying nothing.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I see your :rolleyes: and raise you :rolleyes::rolleyes:.

I do not interpret the Qur'an. I read the interpretations of the world's most renowned interpreters.
Who made them the most renowned. British and Western imperialism, nothing else. They were nobodies before that.

stevecanuck

Who made them the most renowned. British and Western imperialism, nothing else. They were nobodies before that.

Sure, Yusuf Ali was just a British shill.

If all seven scholars in corpus.quran.com got it wrong, then certainly an internet rando like you can set them straight.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member

If all seven scholars in corpus.quran.com got it wrong, then certainly an internet rando like you can set them straight.
Yusuf Ali? Where does he say your interpretation is correct? He even originally, till Wahabis removed it, wrote that fighting is only allowed behind leaders of guidance such as Hassan (a) and Hussain (a), and not just anyone, because it can be lead in the wrong way.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Dude, let me do what you are doing and I can prove Salah is evil, and Muslims should not pray:

Sahih International: So woe to those who pray

Pickthall: Ah, woe unto worshippers

Yusuf Ali: So woe to the worshippers

Shakir: So woe to the praying ones,

Muhammad Sarwar: Woe to the worshippers

Mohsin Khan: So woe unto those performers of Salat (prayers) (hypocrites),

Arberry: So woe to those that pray

Verse 107:3

I guess Muslims are stupid to think we should do Salah.

stevecanuck

Yusuf Ali? Where does he say your interpretation is correct?

Again, not my interpretation. I clearly showed it was Shakir. Yusuf Ali in one of the seven.

He even originally, till Wahabis removed it, wrote that fighting is only allowed behind leaders of guidance such as Hassan (a) and Hussain (a), and not just anyone, because it can be lead in the wrong way.

The Qur'an says what it says, and no amount of deflection by you or anyone else can change or mitigate "Fight those who believe not in Allah".

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Again, not my interpretation. I clearly showed it was Shakir. Yusuf Ali in one of the seven.

The Qur'an says what it says, and no amount of deflection by you or anyone else can change or mitigate "Fight those who believe not in Allah".
Same with Quran saying "woe to those who pray", I guess Muslims are dumb for thinking they should pray.

stevecanuck

Dude, let me do what you are doing and I can prove Salah is evil, and Muslims should not pray:

Sahih International: So woe to those who pray

Pickthall: Ah, woe unto worshippers

Yusuf Ali: So woe to the worshippers

Shakir: So woe to the praying ones,

Muhammad Sarwar: Woe to the worshippers

Mohsin Khan: So woe unto those performers of Salat (prayers) (hypocrites),

Arberry: So woe to those that pray

Verse 107:3

I guess Muslims are stupid to think we should do Salah.

LOL!!!!

That is LITERALLY one quarter of the sentence.

Verses 107:3-6 are the entire sentence that says woe unto the worshippers who fail to follow through.

This was undoubtedly your most ridiculous attempt at misdirection. Thanks for my laugh for the day.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
LOL!!!!

That is LITERALLY one quarter of the sentence.

Verses 107:3-6 are the entire sentence that says woe unto the worshippers who fail to follow through.

This was undoubtedly your most ridiculous attempt at misdirection. Thanks for my laugh for the day.
It's an analogy, of what you do silly.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Okay, let's start with my claim that "every terrorist action 'in the cause of Allah' occurs because of that book [the Qur'an]".

Chronologically, one of the last commands to fight (perhaps the last) is verse 9:29 (The Quranic Arabic Corpus - Translation)

Shakir: Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Messenger have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.

There can be no doubt of what it says. Those Muslims who are waging military jihad, and their supporters and financiers, are obeying the letter of this verse.
I believe most of the time they have a false definition of who believes in Allah. Usually things that are false come from the father of lies: Iblis/Satan.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe every imam with a shtick has his own belief. No doubt though that there are schools that try to teach as though their beliefs were orthodox and therefore correct. In either case western or eastern teachers, the interpretations stand or fall on their rationality.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Yusuf Ali? Where does he say your interpretation is correct? He even originally, till Wahabis removed it, wrote that fighting is only allowed behind leaders of guidance such as Hassan (a) and Hussain (a), and not just anyone, because it can be lead in the wrong way.
I believe that is amusing to think that leasers must somehow be more right than anyone else, lol.