• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Confused christians

Christians have a tendency to cherry pick historic events and twist the facts to fit their belief. For example; Hitler was not an atheist and christianity is not the only charitable institution. The christian community is the only group that claims any true innocence but we know different... Christianity has more blood on it's record and has committed more acts of genocide than any other religious group on earth. To disprove their claim as the most popular religion on earth, the average is less than 30% and falling. Even christians mark I don't know on religious poles at this point. So how is it that this disgusting brain poison still exists?

Pink Top Hat

It's enough to know that it was Christian Crusaders on their way to liberate Jerusalem from the infidel in the name of God on the orders of the pope killed then chopped up and boiled then ate the Saracens.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
To bigjimslade1000:- Hi! You wrote:- So how is it that this disgusting brain poison still exists?

I'm not a Christian, but I think that there are masses of different forms of Christianity, and that Jesus would be very very angry with most of them. But there are many good Christians who live the life that Jesus advocated, but we don't often hear from or see these wonderful, humble, decent, loving people.

On the other hand, there are some very very ruthless, wicked, crazy, s-o-b's out there who are not christians! ?

All the best, oldbadger

Not angry... Disgusted and tired. I was a christian, then a buddhist, a sufi, a jew and a hindu, now I claim nothing. And it's not that I know there's no god/God, I just see that religion is poisonous and it creates cultural, racial and social distinctions that shouldn't ever have existed and wouldn't without religions like christianity, islam or judaism. They have created far too many dividing lines and should be eliminated post haste.

Tbone

Christians have a tendency to cherry pick historic events and twist the facts to fit their belief. For example; Hitler was not an atheist and christianity is not the only charitable institution. The christian community is the only group that claims any true innocence but we know different... Christianity has more blood on it's record and has committed more acts of genocide than any other religious group on earth. To disprove their claim as the most popular religion on earth, the average is less than 30% and falling. Even christians mark I don't know on religious poles at this point. So how is it that this disgusting brain poison still exists?
Just because people claim the name of Christ doesn't mean they are followers of Christ.
People that have done the things you claim are not Christians no matter what they claim.
They call Him Lord, Lord but don't do the things He teaches.

I've met some enlightened christians but when they spread a doctrine, they leave the door open for fanatics to twist and spoil it. It's not only a silly belief, it teaches it's patrons to remain ignorant and that's the truly disgusting part of it.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Not angry... Disgusted and tired. I was a christian, then a buddhist, a sufi, a jew and a hindu, now I claim nothing. And it's not that I know there's no god/God, I just see that religion is poisonous and it creates cultural, racial and social distinctions that shouldn't ever have existed and wouldn't without religions like christianity, islam or judaism. They have created far too many dividing lines and should be eliminated post haste.

I agree that religion divides people but it's human to form groups in order to feel better about your group and thus yourself. Religion is just one way but people are also divided by languages, countries, states, regions, food, music, slang, race, sports teams, and more.

Tbone

I've met some enlightened christians but when they spread a doctrine, they leave the door open for fanatics to twist and spoil it. It's not only a silly belief, it teaches it's patrons to remain ignorant and that's the truly disgusting part of it.
Your "thinking" they were "enlightened" does not mean they were.
Probably just the opposite.

What can there be other than the world we see? I can't say there's no god/God, only that there is no fact or evidence to lend it credence. And to accept the theory of relativity over the theory of evolution, is like a christian calling his own people false prophets. How many times have you heard one christian group say that about another?

Tbone

What can there be other than the world we see? I can't say there's no god/God, only that there is no fact or evidence to lend it credence. And to accept the theory of relativity over the theory of evolution, is like a christian calling his own people false prophets. How many times have you heard one christian group say that about another?

It doesn't matter what people say, it only matters what God says.

Pink Top Hat

Genghis Khan massacred whole populations in his conquests. Humans have been harming other humans since the beginning.

Yes he was another crusader trying to wipe out the Muslims and he did a good job of it along with the Christians

but then he converted to Islam in the end and found God

Christians are lost in many ways, one is in the way of logic and reason, another is the exclusion of those they see as immoral. I believe it's immoral to insult one's sexual preference or personal liberty. Their worse than their older counter parts, in that they only see the doctrine and not what's real and human. They believe they are separate from others and that their special enough to take favor over those that are deemed "evil".

Super Universe

Defender of God

I consider myself a Christian (I don't go to any church) and I believe in evolution and what science reveals. To me, everything the scientists discover is a clue to how God did it.