• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Confused christians

Lady B

noob
:group: I love to see us reasoning together and coming to an understanding of sorts, and I am even a Christian

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I realize not every christian takes the bible literally but that's the minority... For the most part, it's been drilled into the follower's heads until all logical information became irrelevant.

Actually most Christians I know don't take the Bible literally, although I know that some do. ;)

BBTimeless

Actually most Christians I know don't take the Bible literally, although I know that some do. ;)
Funny thing though, that minority is VERY vocal. In comparison, most of the Christians I know are soft spoken and understanding of other views. Doesn't make good press, I guess.

Poecilid

Curious Poecilid
It's interesting that many of the greatest things done in the world, and many of the worst, were all done under religious banners. Clearly, religion has brought out both the best and worst in humans. If you look at the core message of Christianity, JC was only talking about the good stuff. So we can't blame him for the evil people have done since, even though many claimed he was supporting their actions. Bigjimslade's post is a good reminder that Christianity is in constant need of reformation because when evil takes over bits of it we all get disgusted and tired.

BBTimeless

It's interesting that many of the greatest things done in the world, and many of the worst, were all done under religious banners. Clearly, religion has brought out both the best and worst in humans. If you look at the core message of Christianity, JC was only talking about the good stuff. So we can't blame him for the evil people have done since, even though many claimed he was supporting their actions. Bigjimslade's post is a good reminder that Christianity is in constant need of reformation because when evil takes over bits of it we all get disgusted and tired.
Many of the greatest and worst? Like what?

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Funny thing though, that minority is VERY vocal. In comparison, most of the Christians I know are soft spoken and understanding of other views. Doesn't make good press, I guess.

Yeah, I know. It seems the loudest are always the minority. :foot:;)

Muffled

Jesus in me
It's enough to know that it was Christian Crusaders on their way to liberate Jerusalem from the infidel in the name of God on the orders of the pope killed then chopped up and boiled then ate the Saracens.

It is not enough. Anyone who thinks that is Christianity hasn't a clue as to what Christianity is about.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I've met some enlightened christians but when they spread a doctrine, they leave the door open for fanatics to twist and spoil it. It's not only a silly belief, it teaches it's patrons to remain ignorant and that's the truly disgusting part of it.

You have to be joking? People are responsible for their own views including posters on this site.

Let me see now, you are saying it is silly to believe in doing good instead of evil. I guess that means you think evil is fine and dandy?

No church I ever attended taught that. Maybe you were RC?

Muffled

Jesus in me
I agree that religion divides people but it's human to form groups in order to feel better about your group and thus yourself. Religion is just one way but people are also divided by languages, countries, states, regions, food, music, slang, race, sports teams, and more.

Within the relgion of Christianity there is no division. We are all brothers and sisters in Christ. I can walk into any Christian church in the world and be received as a brother.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Within the relgion of Christianity there is no division. We are all brothers and sisters in Christ. I can walk into any Christian church in the world and be received as a brother.
...until you open your mouth. It's kind of like saying "we're all human", and expecting not to be viciously attacked when you draw Muhammad and show a group of radical Muslims or eat a turkey leg in front of a group of vegans.

waitasec

Veteran Member
It is not enough. Anyone who thinks that is Christianity hasn't a clue as to what Christianity is about.
:spit:
you're kidding right?

christians don't even know what christianity is about
hence the many denominations...

from phelps, to robertson, to haggard