• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Confused Satanists

Orias

Left Hand Path
I'd have to say I agree with this. I used to consider myself a Laveyan Satanist myself, but then later realized it made no sense for me personally. Why call myself a "satanist" if I did not even believe in Satan? I don't understand why Lavey used the term "Satanism" to express his beliefs or ideals...even if the word was only used symbolically. Did he do this just to make people turn their heads and create a stir? Perhaps he could see certain fame and money to be gained out of such an endeavor. Whatever the case, I respect his beliefs and actually share much of his ideals even though I have a different view as far as what would be considered real "satanism". That's just my opinion though.

Because the expression is of Satanism. It is simple. If you truly understand you would know, instead of making such assumptions like the others have done.

If you truly were a LaVeyan Satanist, then you would know that Anton LaVey did cover such rituals and practices of standard Theistic Satanism. It is the principle of the psychological effect that it has on the beholder. LaVeyan Satanism is properly labled so because it is of Satanic nature.

Do not give false meaning behind misunderstood lables and symbols.

It is in direct defiance of the Christian church and applies the literal meaning of Satan, Opposition/Advesary. Therefore it is Satanic.

Last edited:

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
I began my study of the left hand paths attempting to remain unbiased and academic. I wanted to find the underlying core axioms of each group and be able to fundamentally understand them. This same issue is why I moved past wicca (not that there is anything wrong with wicca), but there was so much freakin squabbling I couldn't figure out what the core fundamentals of the paths were. It was like it was whatever anyone wanted it to be and no one could agree.

It saddens me that I see this with the left hand paths because they are much more clear, still not perfectly clear, but much more clear. Not to mention the christian squabbles about who is and is not christian. Here is the same thing, but it is satanist squabbles.

I can understand arguing what category of satanism you fit into if you are misrepresenting a group, but if you identify as a satanist, no matter what flavor, you are a satanist.

Finally, the most fundamental left hand path idea I have found is the growth of the sovereignty of your self, or more eloquently put here:

I see Atheistic Satanism and Theistic Satanism as two ends of a spectrum. The goal is the same: increasing one's autonomy and power. The difference is how much power one gives to the diabolical archetype. We are all Satanists. I guess it's similar to how people who worship many different gods can be Masons.

:candle:
Crys
It's not about anyone but you, so why all the BS over everyone else?

Last edited:
...I just add on to it and specify more. If you only percieve branches, then you generalize...

NOW I understand what you meant by branches being disgraceful. Lack of information on my part led to me thinking that you were disdained towards the branches themselves and not the closed minded persons constrained by the ideology of others rather than their own personal beliefs and thoughts.

Orias

Left Hand Path
I began my study of the left hand paths attempting to remain unbiased and academic. I wanted to find the underlying core axioms of each group and be able to fundamentally understand them. This same issue is why I moved past wicca (not that there is anything wrong with wicca), but there was so much freakin squabbling I couldn't figure out what the core fundamentals of the paths were. It was like it was whatever anyone wanted it to be and no one could agree.

It saddens me that I see this with the left hand paths because they are much more clear, still not perfectly clear, but much more clear. Not to mention the christian squabbles about who is and is not christian. Here is the same thing, but it is satanist squabbles.

I can understand arguing what category of satanism you fit into if you are misrepresenting a group, but if you identify as a satanist, no matter what flavor, you are a satanist.

Finally, the most fundamental left hand path idea I have found is the growth of the sovereignty of your self, or more eloquently put here:

It's not about anyone but you, so why all the BS over everyone else?

THANK YOU SO MUCH! :D

Read post #38 and you will see that I tried to so the same thing...I just didn't emphasize it as much.

Orias

Left Hand Path
NOW I understand what you meant by branches being disgraceful. Lack of information on my part led to me thinking that you were disdained towards the branches themselves and not the closed minded persons constrained by the ideology of others rather than their own personal beliefs and thoughts.

I am glad you understand :D.

Though what others think of ideal is irrelevent to me, since I find following idealogy useless since we dwell in a reality where not all things can be controlled.

I treat all LHP members as brethern, as should you. For our blood runs the same. It is the people that treat their brothers as lower and incompitent that I strike out against.

Orias

Left Hand Path
By the way...

I am glad no one has anything to say about being a 'true Satanist' now.

Maybe the stupid 'misunderstanding' is cleared up now.

Well, I have my own opinions on what a 'true' Satanist would be, but that is for an entirely different topic lol(debate forum). Going back, I find that I have strayed off of the original topic entirely:sorry1: lol

Last edited:

Orias

Left Hand Path
Well of course, anyone can consider themselves Satanic, but that does not make it so...I was just clearing up the whole 'LaVeyans are real or true Satanists'.:D

Well of course, anyone can consider themselves Satanic, but that does not make it so...I was just clearing up the whole 'LaVeyans are real or true Satanists'.:D

Yes! :bow:
I have grown tired of all of the debates over the legitimacy of LaVeyans as I myself am a former LaVeyan. I think it's about high time that the LHP unify over their commons AS WELL AS their differences.)(
Anybody who isn't true to themselves can be expunged from the path entirely :slap:, as this is one of the most important qualities of anybody that would like to represent themselves as a satanist.

Ave Omne

Orias

Left Hand Path
Yes! :bow:
I have grown tired of all of the debates over the legitimacy of LaVeyans as I myself am a former LaVeyan. I think it's about high time that the LHP unify over their commons AS WELL AS their differences.)(
Anybody who isn't true to themselves can be expunged from the path entirely :slap:, as this is one of the most important qualities of anybody that would like to represent themselves as a satanist.

Ave Omne

Exactly, conformity is for Christians :D.

I do agree to some extent that the LHP should fully unite, but the different 'branches' and lables given to each term is properly so, since each 'branch' is unique in belief. It is the people that follow them however, that are even more unique than the branch they represent...in most cases anyways.

Though we all agree that we share the common ground.

All LHP members are my brethern and I will treat you all so.

Last edited:
Exactly, conformity is for Christians :D...

Sadly though, it is becomming a trend among some of the younger satanists. Although I can honestly say I was in that category before I actually started to question some of the things that LaVey said, and from there I have unconformed and started mixing and matching as I see fit as you yourself have done.

YAY I have a brother!!!!:D

Orias

Left Hand Path
Sadly though, it is becomming a trend among some of the younger satanists. Although I can honestly say I was in that category before I actually started to question some of the things that LaVey said, and from there I have unconformed and started mixing and matching as I see fit as you yourself have done.

YAY I have a brother!!!!:D

That is true...now days kids seem to think it is cool to act Satanic, and they think they are just because they listen to black metal and such.

And you have many brothers here :D

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
The person in the video was never a Satanist, obvious by the words he used. This video is nothing more than Christian propoganda and has no place the LHP DIR, I have requested that it be removed.