• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Confused Satanists

Orias

Left Hand Path
Worship is the wrong word.

That would be an apt description of a christian preacher. Satanism is harsh and most don't want to hear what it has to say.

Harsh is an understatement. Lets call it common sense. And there is the possibility of worship, it all depends on your devotion.

**** you mister bear! You speak lies! Liiiiiesss!

;)

Hehe, meow meow meow cat chow, cease your flacthulent winds and hear my mind numbing explosions of noise! Grrr!!! Cheeese!!!

Oh hell come on Orias and Shyanekh the video is nothing more than christian propaganda. Again, the man in the video was never a Satanist, thus it is not worth wasting our time. Come on people, lets get it together. OK? The video has no place in the LHP or Satanic DIR and I have requested that it be remove.

I agree. I just wanted to post back and expect an fallacious statement. Of course...most Christians ,however, tend to avoid such levels of non-emulation.

Heh :D I love being a pecker

Danmac

Ok, but the guy in the video says a lot of stuff.

For instance, he says "I always knew there was a god... I was taught that god was both good and evil.... I thought I might as well serve the evil side of god."

That makes him a confused and blasphemous christian... not a Satanist.

He then says something to the effect that he got a divorce, missed his kids and began to hate god. A Satanist would have realized in the beginning that spiritual scapegoating is a road best left untraveled.

FFWD: All of the blood and sacrifice garbage... not in the Satanic Bible... it IS in the christian bible though. Maybe he was confused about which book he was reading. Also:

Book of Shadows <> Satanic Bible (in any way shape or form).

This person is obviously someone who needs to be accepted by other people. His wife leaves him, so he acts out. He claims to have been indoctrinated into two separate belief systems by otherworldly spirits but is as confused about those as he is about himself.

Confused Satanist? No, absolutely not. He does not represent a single Satanic viewpoint in the video.

He's just plain ole confused.

Satanism <> devil worship

Satanism is about taking responsibility and not looking for some god to save you (or some god to blame when things go bad).

I'm glad he found a proper church. You guys can have him.

So must a person deny the existence of God before they can become a satanist? I would think that most satanists have a low opinion of God.

Danmac

Oh hell come on Orias and Shyanekh the video is nothing more than christian propaganda. Again, the man in the video was never a Satanist, thus it is not worth wasting our time. Come on people, lets get it together. OK? The video has no place in the LHP or Satanic DIR and I have requested that it be remove.

The no true scotsman thingy heh? The video poses a question. Why are you so threatened by it?

blackout

Violet.
The no true scotsman thingy heh? The video poses a question. Why are you so threatened by it?

No. The Lying Christian thingy.

Edit: No one's threatened by your video.
However this is the Satanic DIR,
and your video IS christian propaganda.
sooo....... :shrug:

(sometimes other things masquarade as "respectful questions", you know?)
People "pose" questions on a forum. Not videos.

Last edited:

Orias

Left Hand Path
Don't forget the context:

"...that worships placebo."

I could agree that, that statement probably wasn't thought out as well as it should of been.

From my understanding, it is the worship of something that really has no affect, that actually affects the whole of everything.

You know? Kind of like Christians who ignore us and act like we don't exist (has no effect), versus Christians that acknowledge and fear us, even debate with us (perhaps great effect).

I guess it is one of those things where it all depends on the person and their values and what they see as worthy or not.

I tend to think of Satanism more like space, where it impacts everything, others may view it as garbage, waste, even a broken pen, ineffecient. However, I tend to think those people are very, very wrong.

No One Aspect of Life, has less than One Advesary, as all things Oppose. For One who constitues being, accepts their own carnal desires, to be, and not to be.

All things affect all things, simply because of the motive behind its motion. Few words may have a great impact on the unsuspecting mind. All Satanists alike know this.

Erebus

Not at all, Adramelek has followed the LHP a lot longer than I have and no doubt the funny side of Christian propaganda has worn off for him. Your video doesn't pose a question, it makes a statement and it's a statement that has caused a lot of pain for LHP followers over the years. Don't be too surprised that this ruffles some feathers in this DIR.

fnord

Sorcerer
From my understanding, it is the worship of something that really has no affect, that actually affects the whole of everything.

I don't know of any true LHP practitioner who worships anything (with the possible exception of the self).

I tend to think of Satanism more like space, where it impacts everything, others may view it as garbage, waste, even a broken pen, ineffecient. However, I tend to think those people are very, very wrong.
Each person has a sphere of influential control. No other person can violate that boundary and no other person can truly "save" another from him/herself. LHP practitioners embrace an individual path as a natural thing and work their sphere of influence to benefit themselves. RHP folks tend to view that responsibility of self as belonging to someone else (god). God wills things and so it is done. To my mind there is no evidence that god wills anything and so I take the onus upon myself to effect change that is meaningful to me. In this way, the true LHP practioner has more 'impact' on the world than the guy who waits in the wings for a god to solve problems.

All Satanists alike know this.
I have no idea what you meant by the two paragraphs preceding this line but I wouldn't presume to speak to what all Satanists might or might not know.

Danmac said:
So must a person deny the existence of God before they can become a satanist? I would think that most satanists have a low opinion of God.
Perhaps. I don't speak for all Satanists. Unlike some people I speak with/interact with on a daily basis I am not a strict atheist. I'm not an agnostic either because to call myself such I would have to accept the abrahamic definition of what 'god' is. I allow for the possibility of larger and, as yet, unexplained forces though I assume it or they would be unconcerned with any individual life.

Your context on this problem seems to come from a place where you believe that it is a fact that god, as defined by the abrahamic tradition, exists. To understand where I'm coming from you have to understand that I scrap the whole thing from the onset. I'm not at all disrespectful to those who find meaning in christianity as I know that everyone must find their own way but your path is not my path. I this light, your statement regarding a 'low opinion of god' reads to me like 'low opinion of [insert fictional character of choice].' If it's working for you and you're living it then more power to you.

Danmac

No. The Lying Christian thingy.

Edit: No one's threatened by your video.
However this is the Satanic DIR,
and your video IS christian propaganda.
sooo....... :shrug:

(sometimes other things masquarade as "respectful questions", you know?)
People "pose" questions on a forum. Not videos.

I used it to pose a question, not sell propaganda.

Danmac

Not at all, Adramelek has followed the LHP a lot longer than I have and no doubt the funny side of Christian propaganda has worn off for him. Your video doesn't pose a question, it makes a statement and it's a statement that has caused a lot of pain for LHP followers over the years. Don't be too surprised that this ruffles some feathers in this DIR.

I am here to understand your belief, not to proselytize.

Erebus

Fair enough.

A couple of us have explained why that individual was not a Satanist and why the video is almost certainly Christian Propaganda. If you are interested in what Satanists believe, it is probably worth starting a thread posing any questions you may have. Also getting hold of a copy of The Satanic Bible is a good idea if you want to get to grips with LaVeyan Satanism (which is probably the most common form practiced). A read through of that should help you understand why nobody here took that video seriously.

Orias

Left Hand Path
I don't know of any true LHP practitioner who worships anything (with the possible exception of the self).

LHP consists of Setians, Thelman's, Luciferians, and many, many more. Many of theses LHP practictioners do in fact worship specific dieties. You cannot narrow down LHP to simply Satanism and its form of noncomformation.

Each person has a sphere of influential control. No other person can violate that boundary and no other person can truly "save" another from him/herself. LHP practitioners embrace an individual path as a natural thing and work their sphere of influence to benefit themselves. RHP folks tend to view that responsibility of self as belonging to someone else (god). God wills things and so it is done. To my mind there is no evidence that god wills anything and so I take the onus upon myself to effect change that is meaningful to me. In this way, the true LHP practioner has more 'impact' on the world than the guy who waits in the wings for a god to solve problems.

Thats a good way to complicate what I said.

I have no idea what you meant by the two paragraphs preceding this line but I wouldn't presume to speak to what all Satanists might or might not know.

All things affect all things, as there is always a motive behind motion. Few words may have a great impact on an unsuspecting mind. All Satanists alike know this.

This is a simple statement, not hard to fathom. The statement above is something that all Satanists do know, simply because the Satanic mind dwells within the mind. If a self acknowledge or "proclaimed" Satanic being did not know this, then their applications to the lesser and greater magicks would be terminated.

Mr. Cage

Very awkward you treading your path along side of LHP practitioners Mr. Danmac. Is it possible that you are questioning your path and are allured by the sovereign power? We may help you, but you must take the first step tto help yourself.

Orias

Left Hand Path

Danmac you and I have had plenty of conversation. I thought I had already left you with enough information to understand the meaning of carnal desire.

A Satanic being has no need to deny anything of anything, because all things do exist, if they are within conceptual, "factual", even literal existence.

In my opinion, speaking from my view, I deny God, because Christians deny all others. It is not necessarily the denial of God, moreover, perhaps, the denial of the given characteristics and multiple personalites of God.

Notice the five hundered plus branches of Christianity, compared to two different forms of Satanism, Theistic Satanism and Atheistic Satanism.

Branches can only branch off so far before they become fallacies and contradictions.

Remember how many times I have told you that doubt has always filled your mind, no matter the person, their inner mind always dwells within between the believe and denial.

I have told you numerous times Danmac, your very being is of Satanic nature, simply because you are alive. Even beyond the Great Absence, a malignant nature always tread within and outside of what is.

Last edited:

fnord

Sorcerer
LHP consists of Setians, Thelman's, Luciferians, and many, many more. Many of theses LHP practictioners do in fact worship specific dieties. You cannot narrow down LHP to simply Satanism and its form of noncomformation.

The point of choosing the LHP is to elevate oneself to godhead. This is why the path is an individual path. Worshiping some other god blocks the goal from the onset.

This is why I chose the word 'true'.

One you mention, specifically Setians, do not worship a deity as a dogmatic practice. They do acknowledge a god, but worship is, again, the wrong word.

Thats a good way to complicate what I said.
It's barely in the ballpark in comparison to what you said.

The statement above is something that all Satanists do know..
It reads like gibberish to me. I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but it's not saying anything to me.

simply because the Satanic mind dwells within the mind..
You have two minds? All satanists know that they have two minds? So, one mind is Satanic and the other is... mundane? Can the two be separated?

As far as I know I have only one mind. If this precludes me from passing your 'who is' and 'who isn't' a Satanist test then I shall have to live with that.

Mr. Cage

One you mention, specifically Setians, do not worship a deity as a dogmatic practice. They do acknowledge a god, but worship is, again, the wrong word.

Yes, i think the words "role model" is quite fitting, opposed to worship.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member

Oh come on now Danmac, I didn't find the video threatening in any way. I simply view it as a fraud and nothing more. However, it has seemed to have "influenced" a lot of responses on the Satanism DIR, therefore I congratulate you on your effective employment of Lesser Magic. You see, without even knowing it you have successfuly practiced what we Sorcerers term as LBM (Lesser Black Magic). So you may be more of a Black Magician than you realize. :bat:

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Orias

Left Hand Path
The point of choosing the LHP is to elevate oneself to godhead. This is why the path is an individual path. Worshiping some other god blocks the goal from the onset.

This is why I chose the word 'true'.

The term "godhead" is an Anton LaVey perspective. Not all LHP members view it as that way.

Whatever you say, there is still people out there that theistically worship the diety Satan, Set, Lucifer and etc.

It's barely in the ballpark in comparison to what you said.

Heh, barely. It is within common perception then.

It reads like gibberish to me. I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but it's not saying anything to me.

So you do not agree that all things have an effect on all things. My conversation with you does not have an effect on your thought process, I do not provoke any conceptual intelligences within your mind?

You have two minds? All satanists know that they have two minds? So, one mind is Satanic and the other is... mundane? Can the two be separated?

Perhaps, it like man worshipping a God or man exceeding a God. It is within man's nature to allow a God and to deny one's existence.

Both minds are Satanic, as they chose the best way of going about things.

As far as I know I have only one mind. If this precludes me from passing your 'who is' and 'who isn't' a Satanist test then I shall have to live with that.

I don't determine who is and who isn't Satanic, as I view all things are Satanic, for all things Oppose. Satan simply repesents what is, and what isn't.

You may have one mind, but that one mind is doubtful, inquisitive, rational and perceptive. People (not all) go about things in a two sided matter, one may question the benefits of excersising, while chosing the best way to go about getting healthy (like chosing between free weights and a bowflex).

Take drawing for instance, you wouldn't draw with a pen would you? What if you mess up?

Last edited:

Orias

Left Hand Path
Oh come on now Danmac, I didn't find the video threatening in any way. I simply view it as a fraud and nothing more. However, it has seemed to have "influenced" a lot of responses on the Satanism DIR, therefore I congratulate you on your effective employment of Lesser Magic. You see, without even knowing it you have successfuly practiced what we Sorcerers term as LBM (Lesser Black Magic). So you may be more of a Black Magician than you realize. :bat:

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Hah! I have been telling Danmac that for some time now! :D

Danmac

Very awkward you treading your path along side of LHP practitioners Mr. Danmac. Is it possible that you are questioning your path and are allured by the sovereign power? We may help you, but you must take the first step tto help yourself.

Call me curious.