• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Consensual sex could still be rape rules a UK high court-unbelievable

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

LOL - Met Rape Squad :biglaugh:

Surely that can't be it's real name?!

Ok..... I just stopped laughing myself!

I didn't think it was worth mentioning, but the Squad's name is being changed. Previously (no joke, honest) the Metropolitan Police's Rape Squad was called the 'sapphire squad'. Somebody has just decided that this was a completely dumb stupid inappropriate gawdawful name, and something else will be nominated for it in the near future.

Bloody Sapphire Squad........ you just couldn't make it up........

Wherenextcolumbus

I've taken martial arts and self-defense classes for the last 15 years.

I've been trained in knifework and weapons handling.

Soon enough I will get to shoot a gun again and be able to receive tactical training in how to work with an armed group of people should a zombie apocalypse occur (well, not really, but it's what I tell myself :p).

I began all of this to help myself feel safer and more prepared should I be attacked again in the future. Guess what? My self-defense and martial arts training was no help in preventing the burglary. Now here's the kicker....

The response I received after being burglarized was FAR different and MUCH MORE compassionate than after being raped and left on the side of the road to die. Nobody ever suggested that I should have utilized my training in self defense to stop the burglars from forcefully entering our house, damaging much of our furniture, and stealing all our valuables. Nobody ever made mention about how careless we were, how we left ourselves open and vulnerable, or how we should take more caution next time an ice storm happens. Basically, ALL people we've talked to recognized we were victimized and that the perpetrators should be caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

My actions, my words, my reaction, my clothing, the relationship to the man who raped me.....all were brought up as relevant in the crime committed. People applaud how I'm trying to defend myself from rape because I'm....apparently....taking responsibility. But nobody has yet in the 7 years since we were burglarized how my self-defense and knifework is going to help prevent any further burglaries in our house.

I've also been questioned about whether or not I was actually raped, and that I was just making it up. But NOT ONCE was I ever held under any suspicion when I mentioned we were burglarized.

The differences in responses by law enforcement, by acquaintances, by friends, and by total strangers on the internet is glaring.

I wanted to frubal you for this but I can't.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
If she had forced him to use a condom and then after that he forced her stuffing the condom inside her while laughing maniacally, The situation would be different, but wven then and in the case you put too of the stranger being a complete and most deliberate a hole, there is still a degree of risk you put yourself into when having sex with strangers.
There's a degree of risk in driving on the road, but does that mean anyone who drives has "consented" to someone deliberately running into them?

Alceste

Vagabond
I do need to ask again:

If You lend me your car and I park it in the worst part of town with e door opened as I went for groceries (and took too much time for I stumbled with a pair of friends in the way) and the car gets robbed:

Am I responsible in any way for what happened?

Is the robber any less responsible?

Because my take is I am responsible for knowingly putting your car on a high risk scenario, and the robber is still completely responsible for the stealing.

Know if you lend me your car while me being a complete stranger in the first place, arent you again to blame for risking your car in such a way?

None of this is relevant to this case. This was not an accident. As I said before, it's like borrowing someone's car and deliberately crashing it. Not parking it in a bad part of town, then... whoops!

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I don't think it's correct to allow a woman to file a complaint against a man whom she allowed to penetrate her, regradrless of whether or not the ejaculation inside her was consensual. People need to take responsibility for their own actions. :) You might disagree, but that's my opinion. It's not even enforceable anyway, too much holes in this ruling.

People do indeed need to take responsibility for their own actions
In this case the man did not withdraw.
A partner can say no at any point... to go beyond that point is rape. That is the law as it stands in the UK.
There is no excuse in law for continuing, however aroused. To do so is rape.

Wherenextcolumbus

Thanks, love. A hug or a cookie works just as well. :)

frog-hug.jpg

Cookies are baking

Me Myself

Back to my username
None of this is relevant to this case. This was not an accident. As I said before, it's like borrowing someone's car and deliberately crashing it. Not parking it in a bad part of town, then... whoops!

If you borrow you my car, tell you you can do what you want with it as long is it stays well(say uncrashed) and you borrow it to a complete stranger who deliberately crashes it.

Are you somewhat responsible for what happened to the car?

Alceste

Vagabond
If you borrow you my car, tell you you can do what you want with it as long is it stays well(say uncrashed) and you borrow it to a complete stranger who deliberately crashes it.

Are you somewhat responsible for what happened to the car?

Irrelevant.

Alceste

Vagabond
To this case? Yes.

We dont even know if she had sex with a stranger.

It doesn't matter. If he deliberately ignored the terms of her consent, it was sexual assault. Just as though I deliberately crashed the car you leant me. How well we know each other is completely irrelevant.

Me Myself

Back to my username
It doesn't matter. If he deliberately ignored the terms of her consent, it was sexual assault. Just as though I deliberately crashed the car you leant me. How well we know each other is completely irrelevant.

Of course it was sexual assault. (To the least)

Who said it wasnt?

I just said sex with a stranger without a condom is irresponsible.

Alceste

Vagabond
Of course it was sexual assault. (To the least)

Who said it wasnt?

I just said sex with a stranger without a condom is irresponsible.

Still irrelevant. There's bugging suggesting the fu was a stranger.

If you're only trying to say sex without a condom is risky, well, D'uh. That's obviously not stopping people from doing it though.

dust1n

Zindīq
I completely recommend it. Much better than gopher holes, with far less gnawing.

I speak from experience when I say Wirey knows what he's talking about here, Dust1n. Learn from him so that you may not repeat the mistakes of your elders!

Thanks, they've finally had enough me at the miniature golf course. :D

I meant to say unintentional though. I have, btw, done the deed, and, I do not like it, speaking of both feeling and useless risk of making a baby me.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Still irrelevant. There's bugging suggesting the fu was a stranger.

If you're only trying to say sex without a condom is risky, well, D'uh. That's obviously not stopping people from doing it though.

That is what Iam saying.

Also that it is riskier the less you know about the new person.

Alceste

Vagabond
Yes, unprotected sex is always risky, it is also riskier when you know nothing about the person.

Why? You keep repeating that claim without any substantiating evidence that the people we know well are less likely to have diseases than people we don't know at all, or any rational reason why that might be the case.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Why? You keep repeating that claim without any substantiating evidence that the people we know well are less likely to have diseases than people we don't know at all, or any rational reason why that might be the case.

If you know someone well you may have a sense of their sexual history which can be an indicator of disease and risk. It doesn't mean there's no risk, it means there may be less depending on what you know about the person. If you don't know them at all then it's a complete roll of the dice.