• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could Jesus Have Been Simply a Fraud?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
However the NT authors went about telling their tales with only deepest committed desires to the truth and his lord.

Well, that answers my question anyway: obviously you do believe it's OK to re-write history in order to make religion look bad. You're rational being "They started it!".

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
If you want, we could talk to the mods about seeing if we could arrange a one-on-one or formal debate? No other posters--maybe a separate commentary thread could be set up for the posters, or something like that.

Technomage vs. AmbigGuy: The (non)Historical Jesus

I wonder if this thread could incorporate any third-party responses to the above thread? I'm not sure if that is allowed; maybe a whole new 'parallel thread' has to be initiated?

Could a MOD give guidance, plx?

Anyway, AG (aggy :) ), your 1st post could have been a winner if I had been the Nay-debater. The first few paras had me laughing so much I might have died...... a shrewd method of attack, to eliminate the other side through mirth. :D But then I recovered, read on further, and dozed. This could be my great age and dementia, but I suspect that was another tactic of yours.

Technomage, you just know so much about early language, writing styles and analysis. And you are obviously so involved and interested with and about those subjects. I am learning .............
But it's beginning to look as if you would need to get your statement written for you by a solicitor or law-officer if ever you had to give affidavit.
:D

There..... did I insult everybody equally? :D

Look out......:eek: ....... here comes a Mod :run:

AmbiguousGuy

I wonder if this thread could incorporate any third-party responses to the above thread? I'm not sure if that is allowed; maybe a whole new 'parallel thread' has to be initiated?

So far as I'm concerned, anyone can comment here on the other thread. If it's a civil question or observation -- directed to the material rather than to my mama or my personal hygiene -- I'll engage it.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Technomage vs. AmbigGuy: The (non)Historical Jesus

Could a MOD give guidance, plx?

Thanks for asking first, Oldbadger. Anyone who wants to comment on any of the One on One debate threads would need to start a seperate thread in this forum: One-on-One Debate Discussion - Religious Education Forum