• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could Jesus Have Been Simply a Fraud?

outhouse

Atheistically
So feeding several thousand on more than one occasion was an error?

Not an error. It was fictional rhetoric used to help compete against the Emperors divinity.

The movement sought gentiles who had to worship the Emperor, which spoke to large crowds in amphitheaters.

So the unknown authors placed Jesus in front of large crowds as well.

Its like the fictional "Sermon on the mount" the unknown authors did not even know where it happened because it did not happen. One places it on a hill, the other a valley floor. And his parables were ment to be heard one at a time and digested. They loose all meaning rambled off, one after another. Scholars claim it was probably a collection of parables added to the books. And of course each unknown authors version is night and day different. [hint because they were not there]

outhouse

Atheistically
If I had to bet on it, I would bet that steeltoes is quite a bit more knowledgeable about the record than you are.

But maybe I'm wrong. Why don't you engage him regarding what the record says?

I keep him on ignore

He/she doesn't do well or even debate backed into a corner.

AmbiguousGuy

Am I a Jesus myther? I don't think so.

So far as I can tell 'Jesus Myther' is a term used primarily to deride those who disagree with one's personal view of Jesus. Those who use the term will generally append 'atheistic' to it. An atheistic Jesus Myther is apparently as bad as it gets. Mangy curdogs turn up their noses in disdain when an atheistic Jesus Myther walks by.

Just my impression, anyway. I've tried asking people what they mean by it when they use it, but no one has yet answered me.

outhouse

Atheistically
Well known in Galilee. Crowds gathered to see, watch and hear him.

If that were the case, Antipas would have his head like John.

You don't think Jesus learned from Johns mistakes of large crowds?

Yep...... would have read about him. He may have been the basis for some of Christianity all on his own.

Nice guess.

Without jesus action in the temple you might not have ever heard about him.

Correct. He knew little about Yeshua. He cared even less about Yeshua.

Funny.

he lived and died for him.

Well known in Galilee. The priesthood was concerned about him, as well as JtB.

Before his action in the temple he was unknown.

He was not noticed by any priesthood.

There were thousands of teachers like him, the only difference is they didn't get noticed by half a million people at Passover, jesus did.

AmbiguousGuy

..... so was I. I had to direct the honourable member's attention to my friggin' title.

OK...... what are you? I've always wondered, because your title is 'Me and God'. I sincerely hope you're not His best mate after my previous posts to you. :D

Sorry, but I am indeed God's best mate. I am an actual and genine prophet of God.

But not to worry. We don't hold grudges.

AmbiguousGuy

I keep him on ignore

He/she doesn't do well or even debate backed into a corner.

That's not my experience of steeltoes. To me, he seems to know way more than anyone else about the HJ question, but for some reason seems reticent to engage the debate as forcefully as he might.

AmbiguousGuy

Because your being facetious.

Sorry you feel that way. But I come before you now in all earnestness, on my mother's honor and my father's grave... asking you to please write me a hundred-word definition of 'Jesus Myther.' Please do it.

According to the definition as offered by Wiki, you yourself are a Jesus Myther.

outhouse

Atheistically
Sorry you feel that way. But I come before you now in all earnestness, on my mother's honor and my father's grave... asking you to please write me a hundred-word definition of 'Jesus Myther.' Please do it.

According to the definition as offered by Wiki, you yourself are a Jesus Myther.

Stop it

Your transparent.

AmbiguousGuy

That's funny it sure resembles trolling.

Jesus was a fictional character created by the writer of gMark. I'm pretty sure of that, but you are welcome to challenge it as much as you like.

To answer the OP, it means that Jesus was not a fraud. He never claimed to be what he wasn't.