• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could Nothingness Be Another Dimension In And Of Itself?

godnotgod

Thou art That
Honestly? Because I just don't care to debate this anymore. You have your view, I have mine. I'm tired of re-hashing the same old thing over and over again.

Fine, but I need to comment on this:

It is simply not enough to say:
'You have your view, I have mine.' That just doesn't cut it. You see, this is both an impasse and a threshold at the same time. It is a point on the path which we all must come face to face with and eventually surmount. Essentially, it is to get oneself out of the way, and yes, it is frustrating and difficult, but I believe the rewards are well worth the effort.

I'm just trying to point out to you that there is a view beyond the personal view; beyond one's ideas and concepts about Reality, which sees into the true nature of Reality, and which involves no-thing-ness.

Last edited:

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
I just see this Pure Light Energy(Animating Factor) as abstract, dark energy, pure consciousness, whatever one wishes to call it as being "aware."

Please define "Pure Light Energy". Is it your idea of God?

And how is pure light energy different from light energy?

Last edited by a moderator:

godnotgod

Thou art That
I like that. Always have to die out and rid of what is thought of or perceived to be. What one thinks that they know, to rid of. Start over with a clear, empty, voided state. Pure state.

Taoists call this return to an empty state 'The Uncarved Block', being the image of an uncarved block of wood, prior to the first cut the wood carver makes into the wood. The Uncarved Block, therefore, is a metaphor for 'Original Mind', or 'Pure Consciousness', 'pure' meaning 'clear', and the first and subsequent marks of the carver a metaphor for our social indoctrination, the ideas about ourselves and the world we are conditioned with from birth by our parents, teachers, governments, etc., and which we come to think of as who and what we are. From the POV of Higher Consciousness, this conglomerate of ideas we fuse into the concept we call 'I' is nothing more than fiction, our true natures being that of the pristine Uncarved Block.

godnotgod

Thou art That
How do you define "mystical experience?" Mystical is rather vague with no concrete definition.

I have already provided what the term 'mystical' means many times on this thread. It simply means the merging of observer with the observed, as Deepak Chopra put it:

"the observer, the observed, and the entire process of observation merge into a single Reality"

also sometimes referred to as 'divine union', 'oneness', and 'yoga'.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I have already provided what the term 'mystical' means many times on this thread. It simply means the merging of observer with the observed, as Deepak Chopra put it:

"the observer, the observed, and the entire process of observation merge into a single Reality"

also sometimes referred to as 'divine union', 'oneness', and 'yoga'.

With all due respect, I do not wish to be one with many things I observe. That incudes the leftovers of the animal on your avatar :)

Ciao

- viole

Rick O'Shez

I do have a problem with constantly having to repeat myself because you just don't get anything I am saying.

I think you've been pretty clear in the way you have explained things. If there are people who don't want to listen because they're strongly attached to their own beliefs, there isn't much you can do about that.

Unification

Please define "Pure Light Energy". Is it your idea of God?

And how is pure light energy different from light energy?

Energy not formed or having any material substance. Pure state. Zero mass.
E= True Zero.
Nothingness: No thing, No form. Void.

Other energy has mass, formation, material substance. (Atoms-protons, neutrons, electrons)
Somethingness: Some thing. Some form. Energy formed.

I'm not going to get into "God" discussions, too many assumptive ideas as to what "God" is.

Unification

Aware of the mind, yes. But what's your point?

My point was to show that it is possible to go beyond the mind and physical senses. If a human's mind and thinking ability were completely removed from them, they'd be aware without thinking and with no mind.

godnotgod

Thou art That
With all due respect, I do not wish to be one with many things I observe. That incudes the leftovers of the animal on your avatar :)

Ciao

- viole

Nature doesn't care about your personal preferences. It does what it needs to do to maintain its balance throughout the Universe. You may not relish the notion, but you are, and have been, at all times 100% integrated with the Universe and everything else within it. Please understand that the 'many things you observe' are not objects of observation apart from yourself. You and they are all totally interconnected in the web of life. To put it another way, you are a total activity of the Universe.

Did you ask my avatar if he wishes to be included with your leftovers? eeeewwww!

(if you can read the look on his face, it appears to be a resounding 'woof!')

Last edited:

Rick O'Shez

Just an opinion on how plasma, liquids, gas, and solids all interact together by changing forms and going back to formless.

Sure, there are different states of matter, but here the question is how the elements or properties interact with each other. How does earth interact with water for example?