• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creationism Creates Confusion for Christians

Jimmy

Veteran Member
If we accept Spinoza's theory, which I do believe is in play, that might well be the case.

BTW, Einstein said he believed in "Spinoza's God".
I don’t care for Spinozas theory. It lacks the idea of creation and destruction.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I don’t care for Spinozas theory. It lacks the idea of creation and destruction.
Obviously, you never studied it.

Here: Baruch Spinoza - Wikipedia

If all you're going to do is to spout things off without even spending a short time looking things up, then I simply am no longer going to waste my time. This is a problem with many here at RF, namely just spout knee-jerk reactions because of being so lazy as to not even be willing to do some research.

Jimmy

Veteran Member

If all you're going to do is to spout things off without even spending a short time looking things up, then I simply am no longer going to waste my time. This is a problem with many here at RF, namely just spout knee-jerk reactions because of being so lazy as to not even be willing to do some research.
I was under the impression that spinoza’s God was eternal and did not end. In any case spinozas God doesn’t have attributes. Mine does. My God gives me comfort. Spinoza and I do have one thing in common, we both believe God is the universe

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I am a daughter.

If forced to marry the sadist
who raped me, I would kill him.

First chance.
Humph!!.. Well that is not very godly behavior! According to the Bible you would be thankful for the man that killed your family and raped you. That is why it is such a moral book.

OK, I can't keep a straight face any longer. How can people support that insanity?

Audie

Veteran Member
Humph!!.. Well that is not very godly behavior! According to the Bible you would be thankful for the man that killed your family and raped you. That is why it is such a moral book.

OK, I can't keep a straight face any longer. How can people support that insanity?
Well. I think we know so why say it.

It's for the afflicted to grow and understand
their grotesque illusions.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Since we have no originals, your point is moot.
Some people don't believe the Bible is inspired of God, I know you don't like certain questions, but how do you feel about it? Does your religion teach it's from God, and do you believe what your religion teaches about the Bible?

YoursTrue

Yeah, why waste your time trying to back up your beliefs.

YoursTrue

If we accept Spinoza's theory, which I do believe is in play, that might well be the case.

BTW, Einstein said he believed in "Spinoza's God".
meaning a bunch of nothing much. Einstein, like Spinoza and others, couldn't figure things out. Kind of like going back to atoms forever. How about you? About the Bible and God as presented in the Bible. And life.

YoursTrue

Meh. The Holy Bible only has authority over those who ascribe to it as an authority. It's just another subjective opinion piece in a pile of others. It's an authority for you and your interpretation of it.
Yet do you believe science is not a subjective opniion? As if scientists know the answers to life? (Hint: they don't.)

YoursTrue

Since we have no originals, your point is moot.
We do know that the scrolls were valued highly by the Israelites. Or maybe you don't know that? You might want to look at the book of Nehemiah and perhaps you believe it's a mythical account? Just wondering...

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Biblical Creationism is confusing to Christians because it is based on ancient tribal beliefs that result in many interpretations and divisions in Christianity over how to make it fit the reality of our world. There is a similar problem with other ancient religions.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Yet do you believe science is not a subjective opinion? As if scientists know the answers to life? (Hint: they don't.)
Based on your intentional ignorance of science based on your agenda which is subjective of the mind only. The sciences of evolution are based on the predictable verifiably objective evidence supported by far over 95%+ of all the scientists related to evolution.

Science is based on the current knowledge concerning the history of life and the universe. They do not try to answer all the questions.

You have not offered an alternative explanation that fits the evidence.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Yet do you believe science is not a subjective opniion? As if scientists know the answers to life? (Hint: they don't.)
They don't claim to know all the answers to life. Neither did the writers of any bible know very much if anything at all about life. Scientists don't threaten others with hellfire if they don't accept their knowledge of physics or biology, either. They know more about our world and our place in it then any ancient culture's holy ramblings. They don't have to know everything.

When it comes to astronomy or geology, I'll take science's word over the word of a dying failed religion, thank you.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
We do know that the scrolls were valued highly by the Israelites. Or maybe you don't know that? You might want to look at the book of Nehemiah and perhaps you believe it's a mythical account? Just wondering...
I believe the Dead Sea Scrolls are remnants of the Library of Jerusalem and are highly treasured by the Jews.

YoursTrue

They don't claim to know all the answers to life. Neither did the writers of any bible know very much if anything at all about life. Scientists don't threaten others with hellfire if they don't accept their knowledge of physics or biology, either. They know more about our world and our place in it then any ancient culture's holy ramblings. They don't have to know everything.

When it comes to astronomy or geology, I'll take science's word over the word of a dying failed religion, thank you.
Nobody but God knows all the answers. You can take the word of science but their projections and claims are not always right. I'm not going into detail but yes, I'll take the understanding that I have gained from the Bible over science contradictions any day.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Nobody but God knows all the answers. You can take the word of science but their projections and claims are not always right. I'm not going into detail but yes, I'll take the understanding that I have gained from the Bible over science contradictions any day.
That's your prerogative. I have mine. And I don't agree with you. But only mine gets to call itself science. Creationism is strictly an unverifiable religious statement with no science to it.