• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creationists, please provide evidence

Bereanz

You're mistaken. The ToE is the consensus, accepted, mainstream theory within Biology. Pick up any basic Biology textbook and it will begin with it. Over 99% of Biologists accept it, both religious and non-religious. [*waits for more goalpast moving*] You don't have any science. Science does not support your position.

You certainly have the right to reject science, but rejecting it and claiming it at the same time is simply dishonest.

The truth can not be rejected. In order for something to be "scientifically" accepted, it must be TRUE!!!!! You're a member of a cult. Wake up!!!! Debating with you is like like debating scripture with a Jehovahs witness or a Mormon. You're brain washed in my opinion. You and I arent going to progress. lets leave it there, shall we?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
No you did. Go away. The same family is the same species. Just like Chinese and Japs are the same family but a differnet species. LOL.

1. Would you stop rudely telling our esteemed community members to "go away." It's not your forum, and you don't have the right to tell anyone to go anywhere.

2. You have just destroyed any hope of having a shred of credibility. Like most creationists, you are either ignorant or dishonest.

Here is a basic schema of biological taxonomy:

150px-Biological_classification_L_Pengo_vflip.svg.png

As you can see, within Biology (which is, of course, what we are talking about), family and species are quite different; they are separated by a full taxonomic rank.

If you are interested in learning more about any of this, just ask. Or, if you prefer, you may remain ignorant; it's up to you. My guess is that you will choose the latter.

I hope you are making a bad joke, and not a racist to boot.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I heard recently pluto was deemed not to be a planet?

We haven't observed God creating the world out of nothing, does this mean it didnt happen?

Either way, it's irrelevant to this thread. This thread is not about whether God created the world, but how, if He did, He created the various species. My position is that He created them by evolution; what's yours, magic poofing?

Tristesse

We haven't observed God creating the world out of nothing, does this mean it didnt happen?

Thats right, I just said the FORMER planet pluto. And I just demonstrated to you that observation is not the best way to do science. However, I would say, that if you could demonstrate a process by which a god could create mater and energy from nothing, than it might be plausible. Can you?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

No it came out of the mans mouth himself on an internationally televised news channel. Dawkins is no more credible than David Icke.

I accuse you of stating a falsehood. Prove me wrong.

btw, Mr. Dawkins is is a British ethologist and evolutionary biologist. He is an emeritus fellow of New College, Oxford,[1] and was the University of Oxford's Professor for Public Understanding of Science from 1995 until 2008...Dawkins was awarded a Doctor of Science by the University of Oxford in 1989. He holds honorary doctorates in science from the University of Huddersfield, University of Westminster, Durham University,[153] the University of Hull, and the University of Antwerp, and honorary doctorates from the University of Aberdeen,[154] Open University, the Vrije Universiteit Brussel,[7] and the University of Valencia.[155] He also holds honorary doctorates of letters from the University of St Andrews and the Australian National University (HonLittD, 1996), and was elected Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature in 1997 and the Royal Society in 2001.[7] He is one of the patrons of the Oxford University Scientific Society.
In 1987, Dawkins received a Royal Society of Literature award and a Los Angeles Times Literary Prize for his book, The Blind Watchmaker. In the same year, he received a Sci. Tech Prize for Best Television Documentary Science Programme of the Year, for the BBC Horizon episode The Blind Watchmaker.[7]
His other awards have included the Zoological Society of London Silver Medal (1989), Finlay innovation award (1990), the Michael Faraday Award (1990), the Nakayama Prize (1994), the American Humanist Association's Humanist of the Year Award (1996), the fifth International Cosmos Prize (1997), the Kistler Prize (2001), the Medal of the Presidency of the Italian Republic (2001), the Bicentennial Kelvin Medal of The Royal Philosophical Society of Glasgow (2002)[7] and the Nierenberg Prize for Science in the Public Interest (2009).[156]
Dawkins topped Prospect magazine's 2004 list of the top 100 public British intellectuals, as decided by the readers, receiving twice as many votes as the runner-up.[157][158] He has been short-listed as a candidate in their 2008 follow-up poll.[159] In 2005, the Hamburg-based Alfred Toepfer Foundation awarded him its Shakespeare Prize in recognition of his "concise and accessible presentation of scientific knowledge". He won the Lewis Thomas Prize for Writing about Science for 2006 and the Galaxy British Book Awards Author of the Year Award for 2007.[160] In the same year, he was listed by Time magazine as one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2007,[161] and he was ranked 20th in The Daily Telegraph's 2007 list of 100 greatest living geniuses.[162] He was awarded the Deschner Award, named after German anti-clerical author Karlheinz Deschner.[163]
[wiki]

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I if you dont believe me. I don't care. :yes:

QFT. Good to know. I don't believe you. I doubt that very many people here do.

I on the other hand, care a great deal. I am very careful to state only things I know to be factual, so that I retain my credibility, as well as my honor. If I ever make a mistake of fact, please draw it to my attention, so I can correct it immediately.

Bereanz

I accuse you of stating a falsehood. Prove me wrong.

btw, Mr. Dawkins is is a British ethologist and evolutionary biologist. He is an emeritus fellow of New College, Oxford,[1] and was the University of Oxford's Professor for Public Understanding of Science from 1995 until 2008...Dawkins was awarded a Doctor of Science by the University of Oxford in 1989. He holds honorary doctorates in science from the University of Huddersfield, University of Westminster, Durham University,[153] the University of Hull, and the University of Antwerp, and honorary doctorates from the University of Aberdeen,[154] Open University, the Vrije Universiteit Brussel,[7] and the University of Valencia.[155] He also holds honorary doctorates of letters from the University of St Andrews and the Australian National University (HonLittD, 1996), and was elected Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature in 1997 and the Royal Society in 2001.[7] He is one of the patrons of the Oxford University Scientific Society.
In 1987, Dawkins received a Royal Society of Literature award and a Los Angeles Times Literary Prize for his book, The Blind Watchmaker. In the same year, he received a Sci. Tech Prize for Best Television Documentary Science Programme of the Year, for the BBC Horizon episode The Blind Watchmaker.[7]
His other awards have included the Zoological Society of London Silver Medal (1989), Finlay innovation award (1990), the Michael Faraday Award (1990), the Nakayama Prize (1994), the American Humanist Association's Humanist of the Year Award (1996), the fifth International Cosmos Prize (1997), the Kistler Prize (2001), the Medal of the Presidency of the Italian Republic (2001), the Bicentennial Kelvin Medal of The Royal Philosophical Society of Glasgow (2002)[7] and the Nierenberg Prize for Science in the Public Interest (2009).[156]
Dawkins topped Prospect magazine's 2004 list of the top 100 public British intellectuals, as decided by the readers, receiving twice as many votes as the runner-up.[157][158] He has been short-listed as a candidate in their 2008 follow-up poll.[159] In 2005, the Hamburg-based Alfred Toepfer Foundation awarded him its Shakespeare Prize in recognition of his "concise and accessible presentation of scientific knowledge". He won the Lewis Thomas Prize for Writing about Science for 2006 and the Galaxy British Book Awards Author of the Year Award for 2007.[160] In the same year, he was listed by Time magazine as one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2007,[161] and he was ranked 20th in The Daily Telegraph's 2007 list of 100 greatest living geniuses.[162] He was awarded the Deschner Award, named after German anti-clerical author Karlheinz Deschner.[163]
[wiki]

I don't care what you accuse me of. :yes: The fact that he hasnt won the Nobel peace price and that extermnation camps haven't been started yet to eradicate people who refuse to beleive His lies, is a mystery!!!!!!!!!!! Dawkins would be one of those nazi's who wouldnt be happy until he's shot 10 or 12 creationists before breakfast.

The_Evelyonian

Old-School Member
I don't care what you accuse me of. :yes: The fact that he hasnt won the Nobel peace price and that extermnation camps haven't been started yet to eradicate people who refuse to beleive His lies, is a mystery!!!!!!!!!!! Dawkins would be one of those nazi's who wouldnt be happy until he's shot 10 or 12 creationists before breakfast.

Oh, please. :facepalm:

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

Please, continue to blather your slander at length; it's a most elucidating example of creationist psychology.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Why do all you guys want to preach to me about what science is and the scientific method as if it's some secret club that only part humans and part aliens know about it.

That's just it. It's not some secret club. It should be general knowledge.

If you want to preach the scientific methdod, then dam well stick to it, try applying it to your spaced out religious theories that are not scientifically proven!!
What does an observed biological process have to do with religion?

Athiest General Richard Dawkins AKA "the princess of dawkness", when pressed, tells us we got here by DNA placed on the earth by a highly evolved Darwinian alien species, who, by now, have most likely rendered them, exitinct? Mork calling Orson, come in Orson.
Ah, incoherent babble. Lovely.

WISE UP! I really do wish we could move past this foolishness. One leaves and another clown arrives banging the same footling drum. Are you guys in the same tagg team/cheer leader club by any chance?
No, we all just happen to love logic, honesty, understanding and knowledge.

Tristesse

Thats not true actually. Dawkins has little patience for willful ignorance, but thats a long way from trying to eradicate people.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Alright, rather than provide evidence, we have a creationist who tells lies and doesn't know science from shinola. Next.