• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Darwin's Illusion

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe I have expressed myself explicitly. I reject certain aspects of the dating process and its application. I do not reject all science. And so far from the posts here from those who believe the theory of evolution as posited by the many, I see no proof. There is proof, however, of the effectiveness of smallpox or polio vaccines.
Then, I cannot fathom why you are still here when you so vehemently and visibly reject science that you clearly do not like and clearly do not want to know about.

There must be some other reason that you refuse to reveal. That is the only conclusion I can come to.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Then, I cannot fathom why you are still here when you so vehemently and visibly reject science that you clearly do not like and clearly do not want to know about.

There must be some other reason that you refuse to reveal. That is the only conclusion I can come to.
The reason I am here is to figure certain things out regarding those who believe the process of evolution basically as described by Darwin.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
The reason I am here is to figure certain things out regarding those who believe the process of evolution basically as described by Darwin.

Maybe they bother looking at the huge amount of available evidence to support evolution.

Edit to add. Yes I know deer are deer so need to add it.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
The million dollar question
I reject the idea that basketball is the greatest sport ever. I don't get involved in discussions about how great basketball is, because what would be the point. Unless I wanted to convince others to join me in rejecting basketball for reasons that don't really have anything to do with basketball.

I don't really reject basketball. It's just a hypothetical example. Basketball fans have nothing to fear. Ducks. That's a different story. Let's get em.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
If only my stomach could handle beer again. I'll hope it's ok if I have an orange juice while we wait.
Despite the fact that I'm thinking lots of beer might help me better understand some positions here, I probably better stick to orange juice too. Or better yet, something a little less acid on my stomach. Faux pina coladas.

YoursTrue

eThen, I cannot fathom why you are still here when you so vehemently and visibly reject science that you clearly do not like and clearly do not want to know about.

It's not that I don't want to know about certain aspects of science. I see no reason (yet) to believe that everything evolved from a couple of cells by the process governing natural selection. I understand that scientists can figure out about cell structure and chemicals.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I reject the idea that basketball is the greatest sport ever. I don't get involved in discussions about how great basketball is, because what would be the point. Unless I wanted to convince others to join me in rejecting basketball for reasons that don't really have anything to do with basketball.

I don't really reject basketball. It's just a hypothetical example. Basketball fans have nothing to fear. Ducks. That's a different story. Let's get em.

How can you say that! Basketball is still basketball!

YoursTrue

oh...

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe they bother looking at the huge amount of available evidence to support evolution.

Why do people that reject the science so stuck on Darwin? I still think he is seen as some sort of prophet or priest that destroying will bring down the science. How weird is that idea?

YoursTrue

I understand they look at bones. I have seen the thoughts regarding fish becoming landrovers. There is no scientific proof even if you call floppy fish evidence.

YoursTrue

Why do people that reject the science so stuck on Darwin? I still think he is seen as some sort of prophet or priest that destroying will bring down the science. How weird is that idea?
Obviously endeavors attempting to prove the logic of natural selection regarding evolution happened after Darwin's ideas.