• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Darwin's Illusion

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah the artificial intelligence creators and computer simulation beliefs are tough to swallow
Yes, and not even the ones I was talking about. A belief based on the existence of ancient scientific societies that spoke alien languages, talking animals, semantics, twisted biblical stories, pseudo-scientific wonders and psuedo-philosophical musings doesn't even touch on AI or simulation theory. Though versions of those are rather convoluted.

The repurposing of existing stories, legends, religion, lore and mythology coupled with actual facts, baseless speculation and fantasy into a complex, self-contradicting narrative reminds me of bad fan fiction.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Yes, and not even the ones I was talking about. A belief based on the existence of ancient scientific societies that spoke alien languages, talking animals, semantics, twisted biblical stories, pseudo-scientific wonders and psuedo-philosophical musings doesn't even touch on AI or simulation theory. Though versions of those are rather convoluted.

The repurposing of existing stories, legends, religion, lore and mythology coupled with actual facts, baseless speculation and fantasy into a complex, self-contradicting narrative reminds me of bad fan fiction.
I knew those weren’t the ones you were referring to lol

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Harlan Ellison had a rather chilling story entitled "I have no mouth, and I must scream" regarding an AI that takes control, but the universe already existed in that case.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Actually my belief would be a schism of

and last Thursday is a schism of young earth creationists so I guess we’re up to 3 denominations haha
I'm not sure we want to go down this particular rabbit hole, but I imagine there are many more branches to be found if we thought about it. Often, belief systems are arise out of existing systems. This was a point of some of the work of Joseph Campbell.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Actually my belief would be a schism of

and last Thursday is a schism of young earth creationists so I guess we’re up to 3 denominations haha
Consider the origins of Christianity and Islam from pre-existing religion.