• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrats say the damnedest things.....

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
You both should remember that he is one of the major architects for the ACA and is probably involved with the continuation and alterations to the plan.

That is unless major changes are made to it that renders it null and void.:rolleyes:

Why would they...it's doing quite well...even Dr. Siegel (over at Fox) says our infrastructure is doing good even with Obamacare. (http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/3961615-post40.html)

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
This does not mean that our infrastructure would not be better without the ACA:D

Sure hasn't hurt. Insurance companies stock prices are up 15 to 37%. Heck..even a 5% increase is good news to them but the fact they're up that much is saying something considering they received plaenty of new customers not too long ago. Cost have come down across the board in amny areas.....and I dare say I previous infrastructure sucked. Not only were the premiums nothing to cheer about but the rules, stipulations, the shady practices of denying and canceling claims etc...but being denied for a pre-existing condition was no benefit. It's much, much better than it was...and everyone from all sides of the isle have them some Obamacare....which might be why we don't hear anything about "repeal and replace" anymore.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The rate of medical inflation is the lowest since the 1950's, and we have millions more covered, and even those who had insurance now have more protection, as you say DP. So, what's the Republican solution other than "No!"? Matter of fact, what's the Republican "solution" to almost anything other than "No!"?

Oh wait, they're really good at planning more and more away time. But then they don't do anything even when they're in D.C., so what difference does it really make.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
The rate of medical inflation is the lowest since the 1950's, and we have millions more covered, and even those who had insurance now have more protection, as you say DP. So, what's the Republican solution other than "No!"? Matter of fact, what's the Republican "solution" to almost anything other than "No!"?

Oh wait, they're really good at planning more and more away time. But then they don't do anything even when they're in D.C., so what difference does it really make.

Our inflation needs to be reversed. Not just slowed. There is only one system that can do that effectively. And its not the ACA.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Our inflation needs to be reversed. Not just slowed. There is only one system that can do that effectively. And its not the ACA.
Health care inflation slowed to its present level before the ACA.
But since general inflation is permanently enshrined in federal monetary policy,
It would always underlie health care costs. But I agree that the waste component
of it should be minimized. The current system is still bad.

Ref:
http://ycharts.com/indicators/us_health_care_inflation_rate

Last edited:

metis

The ACA has helped, but there is no silver bullet, and the ACA surely ain't one either. Even though I believe it is better than nothing, I much prefer a single-payer system, which can be constructed to include competition, such as what is found with both the German and Danish systems.

Or are you referring to inflation in general with the above?

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
The ACA has helped, but there is no silver bullet, and the ACA surely ain't one either. Even though I believe it is better than nothing, I much prefer a single-payer system, which can be constructed to include competition, such as what is found with both the German and Danish systems.

Or are you referring to inflation in general with the above?

Inflation in general is a problem. It would be far less so if we didn't have stagnant wages.

But I was talking about single payer system yes.

metis

Inflation in general is a problem. It would be far less so if we didn't have stagnant wages.

But I was talking about single payer system yes.

Thanks for the clarification. Inflation was actually a bit helpful with our recovery (economists were much more worried about a deflationary trend), but now it indeed can slow recovery, and the drought out in the far west is now the major driver of inflation because of food prices.

As far as wages, it's actually worse than stagnant, and according to many economists, including many conservative ones, this terrible disparity of wealth drift is the single greatest economic threat to both our country but also the general world economy. However, the Pub "solution" is to actually create an even wider gap.

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
'White boy' Biden calls tea party 'crazy' - CNN.com

Vice President Joe Biden, in a closed-door meeting with black clergy in South Carolina Tuesday, referred to himself as "the only white boy on the east side of Wilmington" as he recalled his days as a Delaware public defender, and pressed faith leaders to elect Democrats this year.
Biden is from the "hood"! :yes:

Also, can someone tell me why the VP (of all people) is meeting with faith leaders in an attempt to get them to elect democrats? While that may not be exactly crossing the line of legality, it sure seems to be dancing right on top of it.

metis

Also, can someone tell me why the VP (of all people) is meeting with faith leaders in an attempt to get them to elect democrats? While that may not be exactly crossing the line of legality, it sure seems to be dancing right on top of it.

This has been going on for a long time, and probably most candidates for representative, senator, and president in both parties do this. Technically, if a religious group actively supports a party or candidate, it could lose its tax-exempt status, but this is almost never done because the religious institutions can come back and say that they aren't pushing the candidate or the party but the issues involved instead, the latter of which would be legal. It's sort of a disingenuous loophole, but it is what it is.

esmith

Veteran Member
Weill it seems that the Democrats are getting desperate. They are blaming budget cuts by the Republicans for the current problems a CDC and NIH.
Ebola blame-game starts as Democrats claim GOP budget cuts slowed research | Daily Mail Online

But if you look at the real story, we see a different theme.
After wasting tax dollars, officials at CDC, NIH claim budget cuts hurt Ebola preparedness « Watchdog.org
additionally
Budget Cuts and Ebola | National Review Online

It's a little more than 2 weeks to the 2014 elections what will we hear next from the embattled Democrats. Of course I'm sure there can be found ads by Republicans that lack fact also. But this is a "Democrats says the damnedest things" thread.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Weill it seems that the Democrats are getting desperate. They are blaming budget cuts by the Republicans for the current problems a CDC and NIH.
Ebola blame-game starts as Democrats claim GOP budget cuts slowed research | Daily Mail Online

But if you look at the real story, we see a different theme.
After wasting tax dollars, officials at CDC, NIH claim budget cuts hurt Ebola preparedness « Watchdog.org
additionally
Budget Cuts and Ebola | National Review Online

It's a little more than 2 weeks to the 2014 elections what will we hear next from the embattled Democrats. Of course I'm sure there can be found ads by Republicans that lack fact also. But this is a "Democrats says the damnedest things" thread.
Wouldn't you agree that it is republicans that want spending cut, to reduce the size of the government to where it could be drowned in a bathtub?

In your articles, I noticed none mentioned The Center for Disease Control's emergency preparedness budget.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
'White boy' Biden calls tea party 'crazy' - CNN.com

Biden is from the "hood"! :yes:

Why does pretty much just about every national level politician (especially the president) do so? In a time when people are crying over churches needing more political freedom, I say we need more tax restrictions and penalties to keep the church and state separate since they aren't staying separate on their own.

Too bad their aren't more people like me who see that and think to themselves "who the **** is Gwyneth Paltrow, why does she matter, and why should I care?"

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Too bad their aren't more people like me who see that and think to themselves "who the **** is Gwyneth Paltrow, why does she matter, and why should I care?"
I find Gwynny to be a tolerable actress. She is certainly a pretty thing, but take away her script and she is just another adorable, raving loon.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I find Gwynny to be a tolerable actress. She is certainly a pretty thing, but take away her script and she is just another adorable, raving loon.

I know exactly what you mean.....

jackson.png

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Boy....mention a Hollywood denizen, & it still has traction 10 days later!
What struck me was her shallowness & infatuation meshed so well with
Obama's gravitas. (Yeah, I resurrected that word.)

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Boy....mention a Hollywood denizen, & it still has traction 10 days later!
What struck me was her shallowness & infatuation meshed so well with
Obama's gravitas. (Yeah, I resurrected that word.)

I don't disagree there. It seems to happen on all sides. There's been this exaltation of Reagan these days. Many even do it with Clinton. Shucks there's some that seem to praise Ron Paul.......I think one of the chuckles I got from the TMZ opinion piece was the person's disdain for Paltrow expressing a third term for Obama...:facepalm:.....

There are times when you just want people to keep their mouths shut and expressing a desire for a president to serve a third term is one of them. I agree with the writer in the article on that but chuckle because it's not an isolated party preference....

Third time the charm? Americans wish certain presidents had stayed beyond two terms - Washington Times
42 percent overall “wish” that Ronald Reagan could have had a third term; 77 percent of Republicans, 41 percent of independents and 18 percent of Democrats agree.

42 percent overall “wish” that Bill Clinton could have had a third term; 14 percent of Republicans, 41 percent of independents and 68 percent of Democrats agree.

16 percent overall would like to see President Obama have a third term; 2 percent of Republicans, 36 percent of independents and 9 percent of Democrats agree.

15 percent wish George W. Bush had a third term; 32 percent of Republicans, 12 percent of independents and 6 percent of Democrats agree.

metis

Wouldn't you agree that it is republicans that want spending cut, to reduce the size of the government to where it could be drowned in a bathtub?

In your articles, I noticed none mentioned The Center for Disease Control's emergency preparedness budget.

Also that the Republicans are refusing to consider the Surgeon General nominee, and the main reason appears to be that the nominee mentioned that so many fatalities in this country come from gun-related deaths, which is a fact that the NRA and its supporters simply don't want to acknowledge.