• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrats say the damnedest things.....

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Biden makes racist remark (according to Holder & Obama)....

Biden Uses
People are too worried about labelling things as "racist." Holder and Obama may think "taking back America" is racist, but I'm pretty sure if you polled 1,000 Americans and asked them what it means, probably less than 20% would have any sort of racial definition, unless they are skinheads, KKK, neo-Nazi's, or other groups that provide us with a clear and concrete definition of racism.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
People are too worried about labelling things as "racist." Holder and Obama may think "taking back America" is racist, but I'm pretty sure if you polled 1,000 Americans and asked them what it means, probably less than 20% would have any sort of racial definition, unless they are skinheads, KKK, neo-Nazi's, or other groups that provide us with a clear and concrete definition of racism.
Well, it is much easier to just call the other side names than
to make long winded & cogent arguments about the issues.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I would suggest that the R's have done a wonderful job of demonizing themselves as far as the women's vote is concerned, and add to that the Hispanic vote, the Black vote, the science vote, and the sane vote.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I would suggest that the R's have done a wonderful job of demonizing themselves as far as the women's vote is concerned, and add to that the Hispanic vote, the Black vote, the science vote, and the sane vote.
And yet, there is a very real possibility that the Dems are going to get their butts handed to them in November. Go figure.

metis

And yet, there is a very real possibility that the Dems are going to get their butts handed to them in November. Go figure.

Yes, I think this is very likely to happen, especially with the voting demographics in off-year elections being what they are.

Also, Obama may well upset enough Hispanics because of his decision to wait until after the election before making a move on the immigration issue whereas many Hispanics may not show up to vote this November. He should have put it in different terms, such as saying that he would again give Congress a chance to deal with this issue before the election, but then make some moves of his own if they can't come to any agreement after the election. For a guy with a golden tongue, sometimes he really sticks his foot in his mouth when it comes to the p.r. game.

4consideration

Premium Member
Well it appears that Debbie Wasserman Schultz has stuck her foot, no make that her entire leg, in her mouth. Are the Democrats in so much trouble that they have to stoop to this kind of rhetoric?

Election 2014 - DNC chair Wasserman Schultz rips Scott Walker on women's issues
I'm not surprised. My impression of her is that she regularly does that sort of melodramatic thing. I don't listen to what she says.

If anything, I think she does more harm than good, to women in politics, by coming across as over-emotional and exaggerated to the point of flat out lying.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
For a guy with a golden tongue, sometimes he really sticks his foot in his mouth when it comes to the p.r. game.
Meh, I've never been particularly impressed with his oratory skills. Heck, it's almost as if Obama is not as smart as some would have us believe. I wonder when he is going to return his Nobel Peace prize? :)

(As an aside: When he was given the Peace prize, I thought it would have been a huge political move for him to graciously refuse the prize. He would have earned boatloads of respect that he would still be working through. But no... vanity won in the end.)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Meh, I've never been particularly impressed with his oratory skills. Heck, it's almost as if Obama is not as smart as some would have us believe. I wonder when he is going to return his Nobel Peace prize? :)
When questioned about returning it, Obama responded....
"No givzees backzees!"
His real speaking abilities are a melodious voice, his handsome trans-racial
appearance, & a teleprompter. Without that last one, I've noticed that he's
awkward, halting, & even tongue tied at times. He lacks Clinton's oratory skill,
or Reagans equanimity & presence of mind.

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
(As an aside: When he was given the Peace prize, I thought it would have been a huge political move for him to graciously refuse the prize. He would have earned boatloads of respect that he would still be working through. But no... vanity won in the end.)
I was thinking the same thing when he won it. Had he refused it I think that would have been a real sign of true character and class.

metis

I agree, and I did so at the time, btw One thing we all can relate to here is that we simply cannot just go by what any politician says-- actions speak louder than words.

Obama is quite smart, which one one big reason why he could never be a Republican (I had to through that in :D )and he's very good when it comes to prepared speeches, but without preparation he's far less than exciting.

[added: When there were closed sessions with both the Democratic and Republican leadership in September of 2008 dealing with the fact that we teetered on the brink of what could have been a near-complete meltdown of our economy, at one crucial point of the meeting, Bush got angry with the gridlock and left the meeting, McCain was silent (he admitted previously that economics wasn't his thing), and Obama took over the meeting even though he had not yet been elected. According to one of the Democrats at that meeting who didn't divulge this information until after the election, one of the top Republicans told him that he was so impressed with Obama's performance that he was going to vote for him. The person who mentioned this didn't specify who that was]

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Obama is quite smart, which one one big reason why he could never be a Republican....

[added: .....Obama took over the meeting even though he had not yet been elected. According to one of the Democrats at that meeting who didn't divulge this information until after the election, one of the top Republicans told him that he was so impressed with Obama's performance that he was going to vote for him. The person who mentioned this didn't specify who that was]
So the evidence for Obama's giant chess club brain is approval from one of those unintelligent Republicans?

Now, there is one of the damnedest things I've ever heard from a Democrat.

But there's more!
Old foot-in-mouth Biden is in hot water again.
https://news.yahoo.com/jewish-group-brands-biden--shylocks--comment--offensive-214958002.html
Vice President Joe Biden drew fire from a prominent Jewish group on Tuesday after he described
unscrupulous bankers who prey on servicemen and servicewomen deployed overseas as “Shylocks”
Note: Biden is also touted by Democrats as a brilliant elder statesman.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Here's a delicious new one which shows that "intellectual dishonesty"
is not the sole province of southerners (a common RF claim)....
Rush Limbaugh strikes back at DCCC - POLITICO.com
The New York Democrat's claim....
On Tuesday, DCCC Chairman Steve Israel sent a blast email asking supporters to sign a petition calling on
Limbaugh's sponsors to pull their advertising from his program because of remarks he had made about rape.
Israel characterized Limbaugh as saying, "…No" means "yes" if you know how to spot it…” The Democratic
Senatorial Campaign Committee sent out a similar email on Wednesday.
And the context, which shows
Limbaugh meant the opposite of what the Democrat claimed....
"Consent must be freely given, can be withdrawn at any time, and the absence of 'no' does not mean 'yes.'"
How many of you guys, in your own experience with women, have learned that "no" means "yes" if you know how
to spot it? Let me tell you something. In this modern world, that is simply not tolerated.

Last edited:

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I've noticed over the past few days that rf has evened out politically quite a bit since i was last here. Refreshing.

It swings back and forth. And it changes from site to site. Typically if if a site is too conservative or too liberal then it pushes out the other side. We have a lot of moderates here in general so I think that helps. We also get new posters every day in addition to our oldies.

It swings back and forth. And it changes from site to site. Typically if if a site is too conservative or too liberal then it pushes out the other side. We have a lot of moderates here in general so I think that helps. We also get new posters every day in addition to our oldies.
I don't know, I've been here since 2003 (took a sabbatical for about a year and a half and got dumped, lost everything) and saw the righties take a beating through the Bush years. When BO got in I had to take a break, and I consider myself a moderate independent with a right lean. This definitely feels different. I come back now and then to test the waters.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Dem candidate: Scott Walker is

An oldie but a weirdie....
WAUSAU, Wis. – “He is raping our educational system in this state,” shouted an exercised Phil Swanhorst in early 2012.

Swanhorst with Vice President Biden

The Eau Claire transit bus driver and Amalgamated Transit Union local president from Chippewa Falls was speaking at a pro-union, anti-Scott Walker rally in Wausau.

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I think I really have seen everything now that several posters have said supportive things about Eric Holder in another thread. On that, I'm speechless.