• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrats say the damnedest things.....

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
At the very least, strongly & publicly advocating for resources to stem the increased tide of illegal entries:
- More manpower on the border
- Stop hindering state efforts to catch illegals.
- Stop expecting border states to shoulder the cost of what is a federal issue.
- Legislation to turn away illegals from non-contiguous countries, ie, treat'm like Mexican illegals.

I don't see the one easy fix for the problem on your list.
Prosecution of the people who hire undocumented workers.

Why is that so difficult?
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't see the one easy fix for the problem on your list.
Prosecution of the people who hire undocumented workers.
Why is that so difficult?
Tom
Who said it's difficult?
But it's already illegal to hire them. So many work in the underground
economy, & these employers are already vulnerable to prosecution.
We could also deny illegal aliens driver licenses & social services.

But Obama isn't vigorously pursuing either your or my suggestions.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Who said it's difficult?
But it's already illegal to hire them. So many work in the underground
economy, & these employers are already vulnerable to prosecution.
We could also deny illegal aliens driver licenses & social services.

But Obama isn't vigorously pursuing either your or my suggestions.
About 12 years ago a huge(2000+) local factory shut down because a rumor spread that it was going to be visited by the INS. Almost half the employees ran or didn't show. My partner was turned away at the gate. NTN Driveshaft has so many undocumented workers they can't keep the place functional without them. But there has never been any hint that the management might have legal problems. Manpower is the same way.

I don't believe for one second that the state can't go ahead without Obama. The problem is that even Obama can't overrule the people who run this country. Those people like undocumented workers.

Tom

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
At the very least, strongly & publicly advocating for resources to stem the increased tide of illegal entries:

- More manpower on the border

This has been done already and he keeps trying to advocate on an almost daily basis to get Congress to help. The House controls the purse strings so there's not much he can do without their movement to help alleviate the situation. Current budgeted funding will run out some time in August which is why he sent an emergency budget request to congress. In the budget request is everything you're asking for above...including more judges to help with the due process side.

- Stop hindering state efforts to catch illegals.

This is the second time you've mentioned this. I've asked for specific cases but you weren't forthcoming with specific cases so I didn't press the issue. Do you have some cases of the federal government hindering state efforts to catch illegals?

- Stop expecting border states to shoulder the cost of what is a federal issue.

To my knowledge he isn't. The illegals are being processed by by the federal government and being held at various federal facilities. Some buses were in route to these facilities that are in various towns but were blocked. The other thing they're doing is letting some people stay with known relatives until their court date. Their stay isn't a guarantee that they'll get to stay in this country. Many of them won't qualify for asylum and will be sent home. A few dozen were sent home today and more to follow.

- Legislation to turn away illegals from non-contiguous countries, ie, treat'm like Mexican illegals.

But they don't necessarily qualify to be treated like Mexican illegals if they're fleeing their country for various reasons. This is what the law enacted during the Bush administration was all about. They're following that law and giving the people their due process......so why does their need to be legislation to change a law that had high bipartisan support to address this issue that's actually being followed. Many believe that law is just and inconvenience to them now but it is the law and it's being followed as it should be.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This has been done already and he keeps trying to advocate on an almost daily basis to get Congress to help. The House controls the purse strings so there's not much he can do without their movement to help alleviate the situation. Current budgeted funding will run out some time in August which is why he sent an emergency budget request to congress. In the budget request is everything you're asking for above...including more judges to help with the due process side.
This is the second time you've mentioned this. I've asked for specific cases but you weren't forthcoming with specific cases so I didn't press the issue. Do you have some cases of the federal government hindering state efforts to catch illegals?
To my knowledge he isn't. The illegals are being processed by by the federal government and being held at various federal facilities. Some buses were in route to these facilities that are in various towns but were blocked. The other thing they're doing is letting some people stay with known relatives until their court date. Their stay isn't a guarantee that they'll get to stay in this country. Many of them won't qualify for asylum and will be sent home. A few dozen were sent home today and more to follow.
But they don't necessarily qualify to be treated like Mexican illegals if they're fleeing their country for various reasons. This is what the law enacted during the Bush administration was all about. They're following that law and giving the people their due process......so why does their need to be legislation to change a law that had high bipartisan support to address this issue that's actually being followed. Many believe that law is just and inconvenience to them now but it is the law and it's being followed as it should be.
I don't expect to turn you from being a fan to a critic of Obama's response to the
illegal alien problem. We have different expectations from state & fed governments.
Here's an article which offers you a different perspective...
Obama administration sues Arizona over immigration law | Reuters

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I don't expect to turn you from being a fan to a critic of Obama's response to the
illegal alien problem. We have different expectations from state & fed governments.
Here's an article which offers you a different perspective...
Obama administration sues Arizona over immigration law | Reuters

This stems back to SB 1070 which was flawed. The unamended version said that "race" could be the "sole" purpose for a police officer stopping a person. The governor, the police nor the legislature ever clarified what "reasonable suspicion" was in their stops. Simply because a person is hispanic doesn't necessarily mean he/she is an illegal. This made me think of New York's also flawed (Stop and Frisk) policy. But the administration is no longer fighting AZ over their legalized profiling efforts. AZ is now able to stop any hispanic person they want regardless.

Brewer, feds cut deal on SB1070

Immigration Update: Arizona Police Can Now Ask, &#8216;Papers Please&#8217; | TIME.com

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
White House press secretary Josh Earnest.....
&#8220;there have been a number of situations in which you&#8217;ve seen this administration intervene in a meaningful way that has .&#8201;.&#8201;. substantially improved the &#8212; you know, the tranquility of the &#8212; of the global community.&#8221;
"Tranquility"....that's what we're seeing?

Dana Milbank: Another swing and a miss for Obama

esmith

Veteran Member
Doesn't Obama know that there is audio/video recordings? Seems that the Campaigner--In-Chief recently said that from:
Obama Says He Doesn&#8217;t Watch The News: &#8216;Whatever They&#8217;re Reporting About, Usually I Know&#8217; « CBS Seattle
According to a White House travel pool report, the president also told those in attendance he doesn’t watch the news because “whatever they’re reporting about, usually I know.”
Yet there are many incidents that he has said he just found out about "blank" (your choice) by news reports.

Now, for the Obamaapologist you are directed to:
Obama Claims He Doesn&#039;t Watch the News? | Conservative Byte

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
:rolleyes:

News break! Presidents receive morning briefings every morning and updates during the day.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
:rolleyes:News break! Presidents receive morning briefings every morning and updates during the day.
Since his sources are highly filtered, he can lose touch with what interests the population at large.
I recommend that presidents check The Drudge Report at once daily. Problem solved!

metis

Since his sources are highly filtered, he can lose touch with what interests the population at large.
I recommend that presidents check The Drudge Report at once daily. Problem solved!

Why would anyone want to go through that Drudgery? :p

esmith

Veteran Member
:rolleyes:

News break! Presidents receive morning briefings every morning and updates during the day.
Then why does he state that "he just heard about it in the news". Either he is fudging his statements or his briefings only cover "the good news".

metis

Then why does he state that "he just heard about it in the news". Either he is fudging his statements or his briefings only cover "the good news".

If he's not watching a lot of news, then that's certainly possible.

BTW, did you protesteth when Bush had no clue as to the damage done by Katrina even after a couple of days had passed? My guess, and there's very good reason for me to guess this way, is that you concern is really quite myopic.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Michelle Obama....
&#8220;So, yeah, there&#8217;s too much money in politics. There&#8217;s special interests that have too much influence. But they had all that money and all that influence back in 2008 and 2012 and we still won those elections,&#8221;

And....

&#8220;There is something you can do right now today to make a difference, and that is to write a big, fat check. I kid you not,&#8221; she said. &#8220;I&#8217;m going to be honest with you. That&#8217;s what we need you to do right now. We need you to write the biggest, fattest check that you can possibly write.&#8221;

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm surprised it took over an hour for someone to apologize for her remarks.
Are Tytlyf & D Penguin on vacation?

tytlyf

Not Religious
Michelle Obama....
“So, yeah, there’s too much money in politics. There’s special interests that have too much influence. But they had all that money and all that influence back in 2008 and 2012 and we still won those elections,”

And....

“There is something you can do right now today to make a difference, and that is to write a big, fat check. I kid you not,” she said. “I’m going to be honest with you. That’s what we need you to do right now. We need you to write the biggest, fattest check that you can possibly write.”
I agree. She's referring to the Koch's. What does she have to gain asking for donations? I know what the Koch's gain.