• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrats say the damnedest things.....

4consideration

Premium Member
Harry Reid....Clarence Thomas is "white".....either an insult or ignorance.
Either way, Reid appears to be a bigot.
Senate Democrats Take on Supreme Court’s ‘White Men’ Over Contraception Ruling - ABC News

I think it's a slam against a black man daring to see things other than the way he's "supposed" to for being a black man.

He's been treated that way for so long, it really surprises me that even people that disagree with him on politics don't seem to see, or care, how he is treated regarding his race for not being politically what he is "supposed" to be -- and how (IMO) terribly racist and transparent is it when people like Harry Reid make comments like this. I think Harry Reid is revealing himself.

The way I see it, there's no need to mention race at all in this matter, unless it was intended as a dig against him.

Looks like Harry Reid and his ilk get to define what makes a black man a black man, and get decide who doesn't measure up. :sarcastic

(Rev, I am now officially an Independent.)

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think it's a slam against a black man daring to see things other than the way he's "supposed" to for being a black man.

He's been treated that way for so long, it really surprises me that even people that disagree with him on politics don't seem to see, or care, how he is treated regarding his race for not being politically what he is "supposed" to be -- and how (IMO) terribly racist and transparent is it when people like Harry Reid make comments like this. I think Harry Reid is revealing himself.

The way I see it, there's no need to mention race at all in this matter, unless it was intended as a dig against him.

Looks like Harry Reid and his ilk get to define what makes a black man a black man, and get decide who doesn't measure up. :sarcastic
That decision sure got some 'progressives' going about race, gender & religion.

(Rev, I am now officially an Independent.)
How independent of you!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ho hum.....Holder & Obama play the racial victim card again...& again...& again....
Holder sees 'racial animus' in opposition | TheHill
Attorney General Eric Holder said Sunday he and President Obama have been targets of “a racial animus” by some of the administration’s political opponents.
ADVERTISEMENT

“There's a certain level of vehemence, it seems to me, that's directed at me [and] directed at the president,” Holder told ABC. “You know, people talking about taking their country back. … There's a certain racial component to this for some people. I don’t think this is the thing that is a main driver, but for some there's a racial animus."
There's a comical level of weasely passive voicey quality to his whining.

factseeker88

factseeker88
Here is Harry Reed on the debt ceiling when Bush was President, he said raising the debt ceiling would hurt the economy.

[youtube]ELkbDdPeL7I[/youtube]
Harry Reid in '06: Raising debt limit last thing we should do, will weaken country, hurt economy - YouTube

In 2006, when the economy was booming, I would have said the same thing, much better to raise taxes in good times.

:yes::yes::yes:

“[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is WHAT WE DO.” John Ruskin (1819 - 1900) [/FONT]

“[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]This moment is your life.” [/FONT]Omar Khayyam

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
It's true.
If you believe the narrative being promoted, for sure. If you are simply looking at their record of unmitigated failure - not so much. At least now I know how so-called "progressives" must have felt during the Bush years.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If you believe the narrative being promoted, for sure. If you are simply looking at their record of unmitigated failure - not so much. At least now I know how so-called "progressives" must have felt during the Bush years.
No, no....I think Tytlyf is agreeing with this part....
....comical level of weasely passive voicey quality to his whining.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
My bad.... of course. It's not like anyone could possibly take this drivel seriously.
People will believe what they need.
2 sides of the same coin:
Obverse: White racists hate Obama, & engineer his failure.
Reverse: Muslim Obama wants to destroy white Xian Americastan.

tytlyf

Not Religious
I believe he's referring to the Teaparty. In which case would be true.

factseeker88

factseeker88
No single story does justice to the chaos at our borders.
I see it as major problem, but Obama does not.
The claim that he's done much rings hollow.
>>

No big deal... Just another case of Republicans clutching at straws. Republican toadies eat it up, but not the Democrats. They're allegiance to Obama is stronger than it's ever been. 914 Democrat polls rate Obama's job approval at 79.4 percent.

Obama Job Approval - Democrats - Polls - HuffPost Pollster

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]"Our belief or disbelief[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] [/FONT]of a thing does not alter the nature[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] [/FONT]of things” Tillotson[/FONT]

"[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]This moment is your life.” [/FONT]Omar Khayyam

esmith

Veteran Member
>>

No big deal... Just another case of Republicans clutching at straws. Republican toadies eat it up, but not the Democrats. They're allegiance to Obama is stronger than it's ever been. 914 Democrat polls rate Obama's job approval at 79.4 percent.

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]"Our belief or disbelief[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] [/FONT]of a thing does not alter the nature[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] [/FONT]of things” Tillotson[/FONT]

So, are Democrats in the majority in the US...No. Are Republican in the majority...No. What you have to look at are the Independents.

Poll shows swing-voters hating everything Obama | The Daily Caller
Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™
Gallup.Com Politics News

So, your attempt at, I assume, humor is working.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
>>

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]"Our belief or disbeliefof a thing does not alter the natureof things” Tillotson[/FONT]
While Obama is the chief executive, & deserves much blame, this does not let
the Republican Party off the hook in handling the illegal alien problem better.
It shouldn't be about simply party politics.

factseeker88

factseeker88
So, are Democrats in the majority in the US...No. Are Republican in the majority...No. What you have to look at are the Independents.

Poll shows swing-voters hating everything Obama | The Daily Caller
Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™
Gallup.Com Politics News

So, your attempt at, I assume, humor is working.

3 polls against 914 polls, and they have meaning to you. You've got to be kidding. It's obvious that those 3 polls didn't take the 914 Democrat polls into account, which means Rasmussen, Gallup, and The Daily Caller polls are incomplete, irrelevant or political.

“[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]This moment is your life.” [/FONT]Omar Khayyam

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
While Obama is the chief executive, & deserves much blame, this does not let
the Republican Party off the hook in handling the illegal alien problem better.
It shouldn't be about simply party politics.

I think it's being handled quite well. The people are being processed according to the law established under the previous administration and some people are already being deported with more to go. What specifically should the president be doing.....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think it's being handled quite well. The people are being processed according to the law established under the previous administration and some people are already being deported with more to go. What specifically should the president be doing.....
At the very least, strongly & publicly advocating for resources to stem the increased tide of illegal entries:
- More manpower on the border
- Stop hindering state efforts to catch illegals.
- Stop expecting border states to shoulder the cost of what is a federal issue.
- Legislation to turn away illegals from non-contiguous countries, ie, treat'm like Mexican illegals.