• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrats say the damnedest things.....

MD

qualiaphile
Ukraine is burning, Iraq is burning, Syria is burning, Libya is burning. Pakistan is almost there. Lebanon and Jordan are next. Russia and China become more aggressive and emoboldened in their own respective territorial expansions every single day.

And the President is on a golfing vacation...

obama_golf_AFP.jpg

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ukraine is burning, Iraq is burning, Syria is burning, Libya is burning. Pakistan is almost there. Lebanon and Jordan are next. Russia and China become more aggressive and emoboldened in their own respective territorial expansions every single day.

obama_golf_AFP.jpg
I encourage him to vacation, but he should do so in a
more cost effective & environmentally friendly fashion.

Reactions: MD

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

I think many if not most people are aware of the fact that any sitting president is never really on vacation.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Politicians only say things for votes...Not news in the least.
News? Who said anything about news?
But his statement qualifies for the OP's title.
Well-to-do Dems who pretend poverty (eg, Hillary, Joe) entertain us.

Land O Goshen, it seems half of the posts here are Democratic
apologists object'n to mocking our fearless leaders.
I expect there'll be another'n for the next post.

Last edited:

tytlyf

Not Religious
News? Who said anything about news.
But his statement qualifies for the OP's title.
Well-to-do Dems who pretend poverty (eg, Hillary, Joe) entertain us.
Hillary was accurate in her statement of 'dead broke' at the end of the presidency. Only after did they start doing well off.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hillary was accurate in her statement of 'dead broke' at the end of the presidency. Only after did they start doing well off.
Makes me wanna start a canned food drive to help those poor folks thru their period of paucity.
It reminds me of poor Donald Trump who was technically poor as his fortunes rose & then fell.
The 1% have it so darn tough! Mind you now, I don't resent their wealth. But I'll mock their
disingenuous complaints of poverty.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony

obama_golf_AFP.jpg

So what....:rolleyes:

And what did you do about all the burning cities/countries....better yet..What is this president supposed to do about it...?

esmith

Veteran Member
Well I could post link after link to the misinformation that is being touted by the left about the Supreme Court ruling concerning Hobby Lobby. However, to say bandwidth and space I will only link the inaccurate statement by the Democrats leading contender for the next President. (that is if she runs)

Former Sec. Clinton added, “It’s troubling a sales clerk at Hobby Lobby who needs contraception — which is pretty expensive — is not going to get that service through her employer’s health care plan because her employer doesn’t think she should be using contraception…This kind of decision raises serious questions.”

The Supreme Court May Get Hillary Clinton Elected President With Hobby Lobby Ruling

and some of you liberals thinks she is ready for President. Probably so, she is just as good a liar as Obama

tytlyf

Not Religious
Well I could post link after link to the misinformation that is being touted by the left about the Supreme Court ruling concerning Hobby Lobby. However, to say bandwidth and space I will only link the inaccurate statement by the Democrats leading contender for the next President. (that is if she runs)

The Supreme Court May Get Hillary Clinton Elected President With Hobby Lobby Ruling

and some of you liberals thinks she is ready for President. Probably so, she is just as good a liar as Obama
I don't understand what you're getting at? Did she lie about something in the quote?

Oh, I found it. They're claiming Hobby Lobby does cover contraception because they cover 16 forms.

http://mediamatters.org/video/2014/07/01/foxs-watters-single-women-are-beyonce-voters-wh/199948

Last edited:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony

Well, if she was wrong as you seem to be insinuating then please point out where she's incorrect otherwise......:run:

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing

And this is why I despise both parties. Here we have one side fighting for rights companies shouldn't have, and then the other side (instead of presenting a reasoned argument) reacts with hyperbole and disingenuous attacks.

esmith

Veteran Member
Well, if she was wrong as you seem to be insinuating then please point out where she's incorrect otherwise......:run:

OK doubter. Hillary said:

"“It’s troubling a sales clerk at Hobby Lobby who needs contraception — which is pretty expensive — is not going to get that service through her employer’s health care plan because her employer doesn’t think she should be using contraception…This kind of decision raises serious questions.” "

Wrong. The Supreme Court Did Not Say That All Contraception Was Banned

Hobby Lobby already provided health care for its employees. Additionally, the company’s insurance covers 16 of the 20 contraceptives required under the HHS mandate. All the ruling was is that the other 4 contraceptives which the plaintiffs said were "abortion" drugs and it was against their religious beliefs. Thus the SCOTUS said they did not have to pay for these 4 drugs.

By the way the mandate was not a Congressional mandate. It came from HHS.

You seem to be a fairly intelligent person yet you appear not to understand the ruling handed down by the Supreme Court. Is it that you did not research the ruling and came to your own erroneous conclusion as others on the left have done.

esmith

Veteran Member
And this is why I despise both parties. Here we have one side fighting for rights companies shouldn't have, and then the other side (instead of presenting a reasoned argument) reacts with hyperbole and disingenuous attacks.

And why do you not believe that companies do not have rights. As far has hyperbole and disingenuous attacks. I read the brief on the ruling and Hillary and the others that are spreading lies need to insure that there facts are straight before making false and misleading statements. In other words LYING>

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
And why do you not believe that companies do not have rights.
I did not say companies should not have any rights. I said they should not have the right to pick and choose what aspects of health insurance they provide.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I did not say companies should not have any rights. I said they should not have the right to pick and choose what aspects of health insurance they provide.
If I provide insurance to someone else at my own cost, then I claim the right to specify
it in negotiations with workers. Most companies/corporations still have this right, even
under Obamacare. The controversy is with companies with enuf employees to be subject to it.

Last edited:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
OK doubter. Hillary said:

Wrong. The Supreme Court Did Not Say That All Contraception Was Banned

Hobby Lobby already provided health care for its employees. Additionally, the company’s insurance covers 16 of the 20 contraceptives required under the HHS mandate. All the ruling was is that the other 4 contraceptives which the plaintiffs said were "abortion" drugs and it was against their religious beliefs. Thus the SCOTUS said they did not have to pay for these 4 drugs.

By the way the mandate was not a Congressional mandate. It came from HHS.

You seem to be a fairly intelligent person yet you appear not to understand the ruling handed down by the Supreme Court. Is it that you did not research the ruling and came to your own erroneous conclusion as others on the left have done.

Again...where is she wrong....?

SCOTUS allowed HL to opt out of covering certain contraception that they (HL) feels goes against their religious beliefs. But if that is the contraception the woman wants or needs then she will not be able to get it through her health insurance....just because HL covers some of the other contraception doesn't necessarily mean that those particular contraception are conducive to that particular woman.