• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrats say the damnedest things.....

Daemon Sophic

It's not about the scientific data...it's how one feels about it.
Kerry Says--Wrongly--Some Temps This Week Broke

You're correct. Your quoted CNS source does seem to be wrong. :sorry1: Weather Extremes : UPDATE MAY 21: Extreme Heat, Floods Strike Eastern Europe | Weather Underground
I guess they don't care about the scientific data. You'll notice that their data set just generalizes info about entire countries, and only about the countries they wish to mention. Hmmmm...must have been a fluke oversight.
So it does in fact appear that Kerry just ...:eek:...just might have been correct. :faint:
I know you might like to say that I'm just another Dem apologist. But I'm not: I just care that liars be taken to task. MMfA does that. CNS News?....not so much. Regardless; its always good to double check the data.

- Those wacky moonbat scientists, and their silly reported data! :rolleyes:
Let alone the fact that everything else Kerry said in the remainder of the speech CNS News provided in the quote, is just plain old common sense and intelligent thinking. :yes:

factseeker88

factseeker88
Here is Harry Reed on the debt ceiling when Bush was President, he said raising the debt ceiling would hurt the economy.

[youtube]ELkbDdPeL7I[/youtube]
Harry Reid in '06: Raising debt limit last thing we should do, will weaken country, hurt economy - YouTube

The economy was different back then, unemployment was low and millions of families still lived in their houses, and taxes kept our deficit low, so raising the debt ceiling wasn't really needed, in his opinion.

:shrug::shrug::shrug:

“What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is WHAT WE DO.” John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
To me, there's probably a vast difference with the "oops" now versus the intentional "oops" when the Bush administration listed Valerie Plame whereas Cheney refused to testify under a congressional subpoena about the incident and Scooter Libby took one for "the team".

4consideration

Premium Member
To me, there's probably a vast difference with the "oops" now versus the intentional "oops" when the Bush administration listed Valerie Plame whereas Cheney refused to testify under a congressional subpoena about the incident and Scooter Libby took one for "the team".

I can think of at least one difference. Anything the Bush administration did was 6 or more years ago.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I can think of at least one difference. Anything the Bush administration did was 6 or more years ago.
I was wondering how soon the Obamapology Squad would take to arrive & make it
about Bush. (They must love this thread.) It gives me a warm & fuzzy feeling to
know that no one I vote for will win, thereby sparing me the embarrassment of
having to exculpate some bone headed stunt by one of my own.

To you guys (you know who you are), have you noticed that Obama's problems
relate to his being like Bush? You actually voted for Dubya's 3rd & 4th terms.

Last edited:

metis

Yes. However, I just had to bring it up with the highly partisan select that didn't seem too offended with Cheney when he may have had a hand in it to the point of refusing a subpoena. Wrong is wrong no matter who does it, but there is a difference between accidental and intentional.

4consideration

Premium Member
Yes. However, I just had to bring it up with the highly partisan select that didn't seem too offended with Cheney when he may have had a hand in it to the point of refusing a subpoena. Wrong is wrong no matter who does it, but there is a difference between accidental and intentional.

I agree with your last sentence.

I don't know who you're referring to in your first sentence, but if you are referring to RF members not objecting to some actions by Cheney, I wasn't around here back then to know who did or did not object to it -- and it doesn't seem to me any participants in this conversation were either -- so it comes across to me as a fabricated, unreasonable accusation/implication, to make IMO. Did I miss something?

This thread is about Democrats saying the damnedest things. Conversations about dumb things Republicans say and do belong in another thread.

metis

I agree with your last sentence.

I don't know who you're referring to in your first sentence, but if you are referring to RF members not objecting to some actions by Cheney, I wasn't around here back then to know who did or did not object to it -- and it doesn't seem to me any participants in this conversation were either -- so it comes across to me as a fabricated, unreasonable accusation/implication, to make IMO. Did I miss something?

This thread is about Democrats saying the damnedest things. Conversations about dumb things Republicans say and do belong in another thread.

Yes, there are some things that transpired in the past that you're probably unaware of, but I'm not to rehash any of them.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hillary Clinton: "We Came Out Of The White House Dead Broke" | Video | RealClearPolitics
From this link, we see (my underlining)......

DIANE SAWYER, ABC NEWS: It has been reported you've made $5 million making speeches, the president's made more than $100 million.
HILLARY CLINTON: Well, if you -- you have no reason to remember, but we came out of the White House not only dead broke, but in debt. We had no money when we got there and we struggled to, you know, piece together the resources for mortgages for houses, for Chelsea's education, you know, it was not easy. Bill has worked really hard and it's been amazing to me. He's worked very hard, first of all, we had to pay off all our debts which was, you know, we had to make double the money because of obviously taxes, and pay you have at debts, and get us houses and take care of family members.

SAWYER: But do you think Americans will understand five times the median income in this country for one speech?

CLINTON: Well, let me put it this way, I thought making speeches for money was a much better thing than getting connected with any one group or company as so many people who leave public life do.
They struggle just like the rest of us to buy "houses".
I don't think most of us use the plural form of "house" when we talk about our struggles.