• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Demons - Is There Evidence They Exist?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Some have claimed in present times to have seen or witnessed miracles. The Catholic Church recognizes as recently as 2008 a miracle of Lourdes concerning healing. And many others. Perhaps you can ask a priest about these things. You don't have to believe it, many evidently do. Miracles and the Catholic Tradition - Catholic World Mission

Tinkerpeach

If I find a hundred dollar bill under my house, I have no evidence for that. In fact, according to @HonestJoe the moment you say you have evidence, you're stepping in to scope of science and logic, and should operate on that basis, so nothing is evidence unless you can prove to scientists that you actually found a hundred dollar bill.
That's how it works for these guys.

It does not work that way for people who don't see any evidence for scientists claims.
It's evidence for claims, even when it's not. Unless you can clearly disprove it. Only then do they admit they had no evidence for the claim. It was just a belief.
So science cannot disprove God meaning, according to science, it’s possible He exists.

Tinkerpeach

Thank you.
...and they will also say, as they did before, there is no evidence even when they say they didn't say there is no evidence. In other words, "just automatically say that doesn’t count."
Would you say a chair moving around a kitchen floor in a defined pattern with no observable means of control is evidence of something?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So science cannot disprove God meaning, according to science, it’s possible He exists.
No, that doesn't mean it is possible that God exists. Not knowing does not make something possible. We cannot prove that a god exists. We cannot prove that a god does not exist. We do not even know if a god is possible or not.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Ah, while you're in cheerful mood, perhaps I can ask you again to clarify what you mean by 'demons'. My question is back in my post #554.

Thanks in advance.
Even if someone told you, I strongly doubt you would accept the truthfulness of that. Perhaps you can offer a definition and see how the responses are from others.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Even if someone told you, I strongly doubt you would accept the truthfulness of that. Perhaps you can offer a definition and see how the responses are from others.
You appear to be trying to shift the burden of proof. That is on you and yours. The same applies to defining your terms and beliefs. Would you allow an atheist to define "God" for you? The same applies to demons.

But those that know that they are wrong often play the game of shifting the burden of proof.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
No, that doesn't mean it is possible that God exists. Not knowing does not make something possible. We cannot prove that a god exists. We cannot prove that a god does not exist. We do not even know if a god is possible or not.
Some of us think differently. Some of us truly believe there is an Almighty God. He doesn't need to appear on TV to reach people.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Some of us think differently. Some of us truly believe there is an Almighty God. He doesn't need to appear on TV to reach people.
Yes, some people believe in a god. So what? The burden of proof is still upon them. Many people believe in different gods than you do. Only one can be right, but all of them can be wrong. What is the evidence for your version of god? If you have none then the odds are rather high that that is one of the versions that does not exist.

By the way, you did nothing to support the idea that a god can even exist.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If this were my thread, that would be reasonable, yes.

But it's the thread of our friend @nPeace so it's his demons we're talking about.

And I'm simply trying to understand what he intends to denote by that word.

Tinkerpeach

The possibility of God existing only has two answers but you are trying to make a third one.

It’s simply a yes or no answer.