• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Demons - Is There Evidence They Exist?

Tinkerpeach

I applaud you for counting them all.

Does the supposed large number of accounts impact whether they are correct? Is the reputation of an individual involved in making claims about demons make it an unquestionable conclusion? There are lots of people that claim aliens, but so far, no definitive evidence for Aliens. Christianity, Islam and Hinduism are the three largest religious groups in the World, but all vary greatly in what they believe. Does the large number mean they are all correct?

If there is plenty of evidence, as you claim, then it should be no problem to present some of that evidence, explain it and demonstrate that it supports the existence of demons and their activity.

I know, you don't want to waste your time and that really helps with the credibility of your claims for sure
Well like I said, what would you consider then?

All you seem to be interested in is debunking everything so I doubt you want any evidence at all.

I’ve asked all of you guys what you would consider evidence and not a single one of you will answer the question and frankly your little games are boring me now.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
If these things are to be studied, I think the methods of science and the use of modern technology should be applied. If there are phenomena to be observed, then it should be observed seriously and with the best means available to gather information. The more evidence available to apply logic, reason and knowledge to and come to the best conclusions the better. It may not support explanations for all of the claims, but it certainly has the possibility to eliminate those that are obviously wrong or purposefully contrived. That in itself is something.

I agree, Dan. I don't know if you're aware of this or not, but I've devoted the last sixteen years of my life to investigating the paranormal. Not only have I spent thousands of dollars on ghost-hunting equipment over these years, but I've also traveled across the country to research and investigate suspected haunted places. If you take time to read my prior posts here and here, then you'll see that investigating the paranormal is something that I take seriously.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Well like I said, what would you consider then?

All you seem to be interested in is debunking everything so I doubt you want any evidence at all.

I’ve asked all of you guys what you would consider evidence and not a single one of you will answer the question and frankly your little games are boring me now.
I see, it is everyone else that is the problem and holding you back from providing the evidence. Shame on us for asking questions you can't answer.

Asking for the evidence is not debunking a claim.

But claiming you have evidence and then blaming others for your failure to supply is very much self-debunking.

The only people playing games are those claiming to have evidence for demons and continuing post after post without once supplying that evidence.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I agree, Dan. I don't know if you're aware of this or not, but I've devoted the last sixteen years of my life to investigating the paranormal. Not only have I spent thousands of dollars on ghost-hunting equipment over these years, but I've also traveled across the country to research and investigate suspected haunted places. If you take time to read my prior posts here and here, then you'll see that investigating the paranormal is something that I take seriously.
It was with you in mind that I made that post. I think if there are things to study and those with an interest to do it, should. I think you do take it seriously and I hope you apply the methods of science and a little skepticism of your own to your efforts.

I think it should be about the evidence and sound conclusions based on that evidence while eliminating as much as possible, any bias. Even scientists that study what is commonly considered the natural world of experience have to fight against that, dare I say it, demon.

I won't lie to you. Regarding these things, I am very skeptical, but if I am true to my skepticism, that should mean I'm open to evidence that might persuade me. But, given the extraordinary nature of the paranormal, it will have to be very extraordinary evidence. Maybe you will be the one to find it.

Tinkerpeach

I see, it is everyone else that is the problem and holding you back from providing the evidence. Shame on us for asking questions you can't answer.

Asking for the evidence is not debunking a claim.

But claiming you have evidence and then blaming others for your failure to supply is very much self-debunking.

The only people playing games are those claiming to have evidence for demons and continuing post after post without once supplying that evidence.
I was asked to provide evidence and I did and you said it wasn’t real evidence so what evidence would you consider real?

So yes this is entirely on you to tell me what you want.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I was asked to provide evidence and I did and you said it wasn’t real evidence so what evidence would you consider real?

So yes this is entirely on you to tell me what you want.
I didn't see evidence. I read story about you seeing a video that I have never seen and know nothing of it's production and authenticity.

Basically, you gave a claim of evidence without evidence.

If I knew what the evidence for demons was, I wouldn't have to ask those claiming to have some. Don't you know what evidence for demons should be? I would think that you would and can't imagine why you wouldn't.

Demons is an extraordinary claim requiring extraordinary evidence. We need more than claims of videos and allusions to names that we aren't supposed to know anyway.

Tinkerpeach

I didn't see evidence. I read story about you seeing a video that I have never seen and know nothing of it's production and authenticity.

If I knew what the evidence for demons was, I wouldn't have to ask those claiming to have some. Don't you know what evidence for demons should be? I would think that you would and can't imagine why you wouldn't.

Demons is an extraordinary claim requiring extraordinary evidence. We need more than claims of videos and allusions to names that we aren't supposed to know anyway.
I said there are thousands of eyewitness accounts of demonic possessions, you know the courts consider eyewitness testimony as reliable enough to find people guilty.

So there is your proof.

But you will reject everything so it doesn’t matter.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I said there are thousands of eyewitness accounts of demonic possessions, you know the courts consider eyewitness testimony as reliable enough to find people guilty.
Eyewitness accounts are the least reliable form of evidence. Lots of people claim to have seen lots of things that are not established to be fact. I wouldn't want my freedom to hang solely on some eyewitness account. The witnesses claims would have to undergo voir dire and need some kind of substantiation.
So there is your proof.
It is evidence and not proof. And it isn't that much of the latter either.
But you will reject everything so it doesn’t matter.
Of course I reject the claims of the existence of eyewitness accounts, even claims of thousands, as evidence for anything.

Is the claim of evidence actually the evidence? Is that what you think?

I could claim you owe me millions of dollars. The evidence is that I claim it. By your reckoning my claim of evidence is evidence. Please make the check out to the Rabbit Foundation.

I read an accusation of games recently, but find that it is the accuser that seems to be more interested in games than those accused. There is evidence to support that.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

I've watched a few videos purporting to demonstrate demon possession and exocism, but to be completely honest, these videos didn't seem any more credible to me than The Exorcist or any other movie or television program I've seen where a character is allegedly possessed by a demon. As a former Christian, I used to believe in demonic entities because that was part of my indoctrination. However, I finally realized that my belief in demons and Satan were the last remnants of my Christian indoctrination after further extensive research on my part and learning about the beliefs of non-Christians (such as here and here, for example). I'll give a shout-out to my good friend, @Trailblazer and thank her again for that. She helped me let go of these old beliefs.

Tinkerpeach

Eyewitness accounts are the least reliable form of evidence. Lots of people claim to have seen lots of things that are not established to be fact. I wouldn't want my freedom to hang solely on some eyewitness account. The witnesses claims would have to undergo voir dire and need some kind of substantiation.

It is evidence and not proof. And it isn't that much of the latter either.

Of course I reject the claims of the existence of eyewitness accounts, even claims of thousands, as evidence for anything.

Is the claim of evidence actually the evidence? Is that what you think?

I could claim you owe me millions of dollars. The evidence is that I claim it. By your reckoning my claim of evidence is evidence. Please make the check out to the Rabbit Foundation.

I read an accusation of games recently, but find that it is the accuser that seems to be more interested in games than those accused. There is evidence to support that.
Ok then.

I guess you will never see any proof because you refuse to accept anything as proof.

No point in discussing this anymore with you.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
What is your proof they aren’t?
If you are claiming that demons possess people, it is your burden and duty to support and demonstrate that claim.

Someone asking questions of you isn't a claim and doesn't require the support a claim does. Fully addressing the questions or admitting you cannot is the valid response.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
It does not work that way. You are the one making the claim that demons are involved so you need to provide the proof.
Good luck with that.

If you are claiming that demons possess people, it is your burden and duty to support and demonstrate that claim.

Someone asking questions of you isn't a claim and doesn't require the support a claim does. Fully addressing the questions or admitting you cannot is the valid response.

My sentiments exactly.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Ok then.

I guess you will never see any proof because you refuse to accept anything as proof.

No point in discussing this anymore with you.
You don't have proof and you haven't offered evidence. You have offered claims of evidence. What is there to discuss beyond identifying that fact and blaming me for not seeing what you haven't produced?

HonestJoe

And yet again, you will not answer the question "Evidence of what?"

What if I declared that all the things you're attributing to demons are actually caused by fairies. What would you consider evidence for that?