• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Demons - Is There Evidence They Exist?

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Exactly my point.

If you don’t believe in them then it doesn’t matter what I post because it won’t change your mind.
That seems like a cop out. I could produce volumes of evidence, but I won't because you wouldn't accept it anyway.

I can produce volumes of evidence that my favorite Martian is in the house, but you wouldn't believe it, so why bother.

Maybe you are just easily convinced by the trivial and facile. There is nothing establishing you as an expert in demons is there?

Tinkerpeach

Actually before I go... Most anyone has seen a dog(a canine) at one point or time in their life. Most can produce one in reality on demand.

Can you say the same for a demon or a god?
Irrelevant.

Suppose I live on an island where no dog has ever been and now you have to prove to me they are real.

You can’t unless I want to believe it.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
It took me 17 years of petitions throughout the US and South America and I was finally granted access to watch one video with three clergy members in the room watching me.

I cannot speak as to what was on the video as I am not allowed to but if you saw it there would be no doubt left in you.

Let’s just say that eventually the demon showed itself briefly.
I understand. I'm not allowed to talk about any of the alien videos the government has shown me.

But the truth be told, how do you know what you saw on the video was a demon or the actions of demons. It seems like you would have to have studied and reviewed a lot of evidence supporting the existence of demons in order to determine the authenticity of one video. But again, I'm sure you can't provide that evidence either.

Tinkerpeach

That seems like a cop out. I could produce volumes of evidence, but I won't because you wouldn't accept it anyway.

I can produce volumes of evidence that my favorite Martian is in the house, but you wouldn't believe it, so why bother.

Maybe you are just easily convinced by the trivial and facile. There is nothing establishing you as an expert in demons is there?
Go on tik Tom and you can watch around 50 clips in five minutes.

I’m not wasting an hour doing that so you can simply say they are all fake.

I don’t jump through hoops like this.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Irrelevant.

Suppose I live on an island where no dog has ever been and now you have to prove to me they are real.

You can’t unless I want to believe it.
There may be other mammals on the island that you could point to in explanation of dogs. Even other animals might be sufficient to aid in the explanation. I can't think of an island that has contained humans that didn't have some sort of animals to use as indirect evidence. But demons don't even have that.

Tinkerpeach

I understand. I'm not allowed to talk about any of the alien videos the government has shown me.

But the truth be told, how do you know what you saw on the video was a demon or the actions of demons. It seems like you would have to have studied and reviewed a lot of evidence supporting the existence of demons in order to determine the authenticity of one video. But again, I'm sure you can't provide that evidence either.
It spoke its name when finally pressured enough by the priest.

I doubt if you are familiar with the names of the top demons but it was definitely a major one.

Anyway you are already considering this a joke and I have no desire to be your night’s entertainment so you will have to find that elsewhere

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Go on tik Tom and you can watch around 50 clips in five minutes.

I’m not wasting an hour doing that so you can simply say they are all fake.

I don’t jump through hoops like this.
I wouldn't waste an hour watching them anyway. Video evidence is not what you seem to think it is. The monster in Alien was very convincing looking, but I've no reason to think it is a real alien bioweapon.

Like I said, It is OK for you to say you believe, but you don't have any solid objective evidence that demonstrates demons and nothing else.

So far, everyone that claims it fails to provide the evidence. But I do give you credit for coming up with the most excuses why you couldn't do it. Though a lot of those excuses seem to be blaming the person asking for the evidence.

You have a good evening. I'm done here. For now.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
It spoke its name when finally pressured enough by the priest.

I doubt if you are familiar with the names of the top demons but it was definitely a major one.

Anyway you are already considering this a joke and I have no desire to be your night’s entertainment so you will have to find that elsewhere
Was it Bobbie by any chance?

We Never Know

No Slack
I wouldn't waste an hour watching them anyway. Video evidence is not what you seem to think it is. The monster in Alien was very convincing looking, but I've no reason to think it is a real alien bioweapon.

Like I said, It is OK for you to say you believe, but you don't have any solid objective evidence that demonstrates demons and nothing else.

So far, everyone that claims it fails to provide the evidence. But I do give you credit for coming up with the most excuses why you couldn't do it. Though a lot of those excuses seem to be blaming the person asking for the evidence.

You have a good evening. I'm done here. For now.
A video? Just claim it’s CGI.

I can debunk anything you post here if I don’t want to believe in dogs.

Post a picture and I will just claim it’s computer generated.

Post a video and I will claim it’s CGI

See how this works?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
That is the point. Evidence has to be established and supported by other evidence to be a valid demonstration. Otherwise, clips from Hellboy are as much evidence of demons as anything Vatican videographers may or may not have come up with. The Omen movie series might be evidence of demons. And that Sam Neil seemed so trusting with his career as a paleontologist too.

If a bank robber is on trial and they show him or her surveillance footage of the robber and you can see his or her face, you have the accused sitting right there to compare the video with. There are probably customers and bank employees in the video that are watching it while attending the trial. They've been interviewed beforehand and given statements and may well give testimony at the trial. You have witnesses, firearms, fingerprints, dye packets and other evidence to support it.

Demons? Nothing like that so far. Not even the video. Just claims of videos and claims of the knowledge of demon names.

I still think it was Bobbie.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
It is kind of interesting claim that has been made. Claiming it is CGI implies a knowledge that it is CGI otherwise, it would be false witness to suggest and make such a claim.

I would ask how I could be shown that it was or wasn't CGI and have confidence it was a video showing what is claimed it is showing. Muppet costumes and strings might give it away.

I have not seen any evidence to suggest a real understanding of video as evidence. But mostly, I haven't seen evidence of demons from the people claiming to have it.

danieldemol

Premium Member
What would you consider actual proof?

I am a professional ghost hunter among other things and I have plenty of things that could be considered evidence to some people.

There is no point in listing it though if you will just automatically say that doesn’t count.

I think someone like you would require me to catch an actual demon, lock it in a cage, and invite you and 10,000 scientists over to examine it.

None of that is possible so there is no proof for you or any deniers available that any of you would accept
There is a simple reason it is not possible to capture a demon for examination by the scientific community in my view, you can't capture a thing that doesn't actually exist

danieldemol

Premium Member
It took me 17 years of petitions throughout the US and South America and I was finally granted access to watch one video with three clergy members in the room watching me.
Sounds like they don't want the examination of critical thinkers, but if demons are real and clergy are going to such great lengths to hide the evidence from public consumption they are involved in a cover-up which I would see as criminal given the danger these creatures are alleged to pose.

So are those clergy criminals or merely liars?
I cannot speak as to what was on the video as I am not allowed to but if you saw it there would be no doubt left in you.
Hah! I watched the exorcist as a kid, it wasn't convincing then so I see no reason watching movie of unknown factual authenticity would convince me now.
But if the clergy had forensic evidence of this demon that would at least be something.
Let’s just say that eventually the demon showed itself briefly.
Lol. And I suppose you believe the common folk are so perverse that if actual forensic evidence of a demon such as a slain demon or a demon fossil or something we just wouldn't want to believe it and choose not to. I think it more likely that you were just shown a few camera tricks that confirmed your pre-existing belief and owing to that pre-existing belief you didn't question it too much.

HonestJoe

What would you consider actual proof?
The question is about evidence, not proof.

The process is exactly the same as seeking evidence for literally anything else. As I've been trying in vain to get through to the OP, the key starting point is a well defined hypothesis. The word "demon" can mean vastly different things to different people (even within the same nominal religion) but belief or faith shouldn't have anything to do with this. You need a clear objective definition of exactly what you're saying exists, and therefore what consequences we'd expect to see if it did. Only then can you present evidence because it is that hypothesis the evidence (all the evidence, not just your own) is tested against.

Tinkerpeach

The question is about evidence, not proof.

The process is exactly the same as seeking evidence for literally anything else. As I've been trying in vain to get through to the OP, the key starting point is a well defined hypothesis. The word "demon" can mean vastly different things to different people (even within the same nominal religion) but belief or faith shouldn't have anything to do with this. You need a clear objective definition of exactly what you're saying exists, and therefore what consequences we'd expect to see if it did. Only then can you present evidence because it is that hypothesis the evidence (all the evidence, not just your own) is tested against.
There is plenty of evidence if that’s all you want.

Tens of thousands of detailed documented cases of demonic possession over the centuries, many chronicled by very well respected people.

You can start with that.

Tinkerpeach

Well that is silly. You should realize that not all Christians agree with you. And no, they cannot be all correct. There is a saying that you should learn:

Only one of them can be right. But they all can be wrong.
How do you know that?

Perhaps it’s a persons belief in God that matters and not what name you call Him.

It’s silly to think that with all of our different cultures that one God would appeal to everyone on the planet.

We don’t know what God is doing but He does have a plan.