• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus say he was God???

Muffled

Jesus in me
I agree with that.

I do not agree that Jesus is necessary to get to the Father. However a person who does get to the Father gets Jesus as well since they are the same person.

What will I say of Elijah? He did not get to the Father because he didn't hear Jesus speak to him? There is no way that I would be willing to believe that.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Yes, they are related to one another, they look like one another. They are both perfect, both have the same goals, think the same, etc. etc.

Jesus was more than just another guy like the rest of us. He is perfect, he could have chosen to live forever. He was the only one capable of saving us.

He is a different being than God though. Two different people - Not my will but thine be done... I mean how would that be translated? Not my will, but my other will be done? God is not some schitzo 3 in one ???? He is a flesh and bone being who looks like His only Son.

There is nothing in scripture that supports this view. John tells us what God is: Spirit. Ephesians tells us there is one Spirit not three.

I have covered this but will again for your sake. The will of God is one but Jesus must also contend with the will of the flesh. The flesh does not want to go through pain. That is the whole point of going without food in the desert for forty days to show His sovreignty over the mind and will of the flesh. So we come to this point of knowing that as Jesus said our flesh will have tribulation in this world but Jesus has overcome the mind and will of the flesh.

Greatest I am

My friends i have to tell you i know that god is real not by reading the bible not by any indoctrination through family beliefs .I know because i have seen the holy one with my own eyes .What i am saying is true the lord has blessed me with a miracle .

What nationality was he?
What color?

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Yes, they are related to one another, they look like one another. They are both perfect, both have the same goals, think the same, etc. etc.

Jesus was more than just another guy like the rest of us. He is perfect, he could have chosen to live forever. He was the only one capable of saving us.

He is a different being than God though. Two different people - Not my will but thine be done... I mean how would that be translated? Not my will, but my other will be done? God is not some schitzo 3 in one ???? .

Is He genocidal though?
Think flood.

Regards
DL

gzusfrk

Christian
I do not agree that Jesus is necessary to get to the Father. However a person who does get to the Father gets Jesus as well since they are the same person.

What will I say of Elijah? He did not get to the Father because he didn't hear Jesus speak to him? There is no way that I would be willing to believe that.
"Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father; the one who confesses the Son has the Father also. 1 john 2:23

Last edited:

logician

God is a person? Talk about making god in man's image.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I However a person who does get to the Father gets Jesus as well since they are the same person.

Nowhere in the 4 gospels does your Yeshua confirm this. Being one in purpose does not mean they are one in the same. Yeshua uses the (He and I....AND WE) when speaking to his followers and in private addresses his god in prayer to him as "the one true god"....then after his supposed ascension we find Yeshua (The Lamb) in heaven separate from his god informing John he has a god.....So if they are the same "person" then some one should have informed Yeshua he is God because he certainly was unaware of this.....:sarcastic

ayani

well, debate as to who Jesus is and whether He is divine is never going to end. it'll always continue, and always divide faiths.

Christians will cite their scriptures, non-Christians will cite Christians' scriptures, Jews will cite their scriptures as well as the NT, and Muslims will cite the Quran and the Bible.

the only way to resolve the question is not through arguing, but through coming to a personal resolution on the issue of Jesus' identity.

no one can force faith, even when indicating scripture one is sure is true, and hoping that others will see what you see.

and perviously, no one could convince me that Jesus was divine, or God's Son... it sounded like a stupid, blasphemous, and illogical idea. and similarly, i cited Gospel passages to prove that Jesus is not divine, not God, and not worth dedicating one's life to.

discussion can help.... but coming to one's own conclusions is what finally settles it for a person.

Greatest I am

My friends i am telling you the truth i have seen the holy spirit with my own eyes, giving comfort to a select few.i know what surrounds him, i know what he wears, i know how he travels about and much more.I know it sounds unbelievable but its true .The fathers good news is upon you rejoice, god is real, Jesus is real ,and the holy one is here among us.

What is His nationality, race and color?

Regards
DL

Muffled

Jesus in me
well, debate as to who Jesus is and whether He is divine is never going to end. it'll always continue, and always divide faiths.

Christians will cite their scriptures, non-Christians will cite Christians' scriptures, Jews will cite their scriptures as well as the NT, and Muslims will cite the Quran and the Bible.

the only way to resolve the question is not through arguing, but through coming to a personal resolution on the issue of Jesus' identity.

no one can force faith, even when indicating scripture one is sure is true, and hoping that others will see what you see.

and perviously, no one could convince me that Jesus was divine, or God's Son... it sounded like a stupid, blasphemous, and illogical idea. and similarly, i cited Gospel passages to prove that Jesus is not divine, not God, and not worth dedicating one's life to.

discussion can help.... but coming to one's own conclusions is what finally settles it for a person.

People develop mind blocks. I do what I can to try to free up a person's thinking but some people seem trapped inside their own head.

Muffled

Jesus in me
God is a person? Talk about making god in man's image.

By the first definition of a corporal being, the answer is no but then we aren't either in essence. However temporally we inhabit bodies and God is able to do that also. What God can do is not dependant on what man can think or do. Any type of god that is man made isn't God.

Muffled

Jesus in me
:thud:
You have to have Jesus/God to get to Jesus/God.
Give me a break.
:rolleyes:

Regards
DL

I am not sure what you are asking but I will rephrase the question that I think you are asking and you can correct me if it isn't.

I think you are asking: If Jesus is God why do you need Jesus to get to God?

The anwser is that it is easier to know a walking, talking person than a spirit.

Greatest I am

I am not sure what you are asking but I will rephrase the question that I think you are asking and you can correct me if it isn't.

I think you are asking: If Jesus is God why do you need Jesus to get to God?

The anwser is that it is easier to know a walking, talking person than a spirit.

Not if that person is not around. then he too is spirit.

The ancients knew that and that is why they made the Pope in----- something.
Damn it the word does not come to mind.
He cannot make a mistake.

Regards
DL

Muffled

Jesus in me
Not if that person is not around. then he too is spirit.

The ancients knew that and that is why they made the Pope in----- something.
Damn it the word does not come to mind.
He cannot make a mistake.

Regards
DL

That is why the Paraclete is given so that you can now meet God in me. This the progression: God inhabits a body to show that He can be there, then inhabits the body of believers with the reminder that you are now meeting both Jesus and God when you meet the paraclete.

"infallible" This in theory should work, since anyone receiving Jesus as Lord and Savior should have the Paraclete, however somewhere along the line people became Christians without Jesus or the Paraclete and what you get is a worldly sinner. Even Charlemaigne could see that but he bought the lie that the position made the man. Or as they like to say today: A pig with lipstick is still a pig. (Although in my estimation we got one in the poke as president)

Greatest I am

That is why the Paraclete is given so that you can now meet God in me. This the progression: God inhabits a body to show that He can be there, then inhabits the body of believers with the reminder that you are now meeting both Jesus and God when you meet the paraclete.

"infallible" This in theory should work, since anyone receiving Jesus as Lord and Savior should have the Paraclete, however somewhere along the line people became Christians without Jesus or the Paraclete and what you get is a worldly sinner. Even Charlemaigne could see that but he bought the lie that the position made the man. Or as they like to say today: A pig with lipstick is still a pig. (Although in my estimation we got one in the poke as president)

God in me. Yuk.
A genocidal maniac in me. A good excuse for suicide.

Regards
DL

Muffled

Jesus in me
God in me. Yuk.
A genocidal maniac in me. A good excuse for suicide.

Regards
DL

Your delusions can't change reality. You evidently have been listening to the devil's version of the Bible. The devil came to steal, kill and destroy, and he is a liar and the father of lies.

He told Adam and Eve they could sin and not die. Check out the graveyards and tell me they aren't full. Have you met or heard of anyone who has lived over two hundred years?

Greatest I am

Your delusions can't change reality. You evidently have been listening to the devil's version of the Bible. The devil came to steal, kill and destroy, and he is a liar and the father of lies.

He told Adam and Eve they could sin and not die. Check out the graveyards and tell me they aren't full. Have you met or heard of anyone who has lived over two hundred years?

My delusion. LOL.

Scripture does show many that lived much longer than that.

Scripture also shows when God is the killer of men to the point of genocide. Satan has not done so.

Show why God brought Satan to the garden if not to make sure that Eve ate of the tree of knowledge that give man a moral sense. Why would man want to live forever and be as dumb as a cow.

Would you give up your moral sense for eternal and ignorant bliss?

Regards
DL

blackout

Violet.
We are all (of) GOD Material.

There is nothing xtra special about the persona of Jesus in this regard,
EVEN in that his own words said as much.
That we could be One with the father as he and the father were One.
And that we could do greater things than even he did.

Mainstream christianity strips the Jesus message of all it's Power.

Last edited: