• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus say obviously " I am a God" in Gospel?

look3467

Premium Member
Man with his ability to act on his own will is perfectly created and the perfect nature of man. Man's ability to act according to his own will is the perfection which God created.>>>Popeyesays

Absolutely correct, but, that which was made perfect became tainted, for to be as like God, is death.
Read:
Joh 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

And:
Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Lest He puts forth his hand, means that death is the result.

Peace>>>AJ

blackout

Violet.
"
There is no need for God's Essence to come to Creation it is always and has always been right here. WQe just cannot perceive it.

I REALLY like that!

The greatest downfall of mankind,
is our propensity to create/choose/believe a world of limited possibility,
instead of jumping with total abandon,
into the unlimited possibility of God's Essence,
which is the ALL of Creation.

All we really need are opened minds,
and eyes that see......

Y'shua said He came to bear witness to the truth.

He came to "free us" from our twisted view of reality
(Serpentine IN-doctrination).
He came that we might percieve the Kingdom of God in our Midst...
here and now.

Mankinds greatest downfall has always been
lack of (personal) faith and perception.

Popeyesays

Man with his ability to act on his own will is perfectly created and the perfect nature of man. Man's ability to act according to his own will is the perfection which God created.>>>Popeyesays

Absolutely correct, but, that which was made perfect became tainted, for to be as like God, is death.
Read:
Joh 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

And:
Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Lest He puts forth his hand, means that death is the result.

Peace>>>AJ

I can't really disagree. Jesus was quite correct, Genesis is indeed quite correct. We are made in the image of God without a doubt.

That still does not make Jesus GOD, though.

Regards,
Scott

rocketman

Out there...
Well it would appear that Adam and Eve didn't eaven know where God was. They HEARD THE VOICE OF GOD walking in the Garden.
"The man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden. But the LORD God called to the man 'Where are you?' He answered, 'I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.' " - Gen 3:8-10

Plenty of physical interaction going on there. Seems God once interacted with us on our level back in the old days. Since no one can seen 'God' (ie: the Father) without dying, then perhaps this was the 'word' that was with God and was God... Why not?

Every other verse after that says nothing of God presenting himself or anything of Adam and Eve looking upon the face of God. But none of that has anything to do with the idea of Jesus being God.
If John 8:58 is taken in the context of a monotheistic culture, (and remember that Jesus himself quoted from Genesis on occasion, and also said 'scripture cannot be broken') then it has everything to do with it. What would be the difference between the two? The former is just the 'word' showing up at his pleasure, the latter is actually being born of a woman and entering into the genetic line of Adam, ie: a Son of Man, something Jesus called himself over and over and over.

blueman

God's Warrior
My question is...

Did Jesus (PBUH) say obviously " I am a God" in Gospel?
He did not have to. He implied it on many ocassions. He spoke of his eternal nature (John 8:58). He spoke of the authority He had to judge and forgive sins. He spoke of Him and the Father being one. He spoke of the love He had for mankind that He would lay down His life as a righteous sacrifice. These were attributes that only applies to God. He did not have to explicitly say he was God while He gave vivid testimony and signs to imply as much.

blackout

Violet.
"The man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden. But the LORD God called to the man 'Where are you?' He answered, 'I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.' " - Gen 3:8-10

God has been speaking in the Garden,
ever and always.

If men hide themselves from God's presence,
is that then God's fault?

blackout

Violet.
Just a thought........

Assuming Y'shua is the FIRST born Son of God,
(as scriptures say)
does that not IMPLY that there will be
MORE Son's of God to follow?
(and I will take the liberty of adding "Daughters" as well.)

Jesus is the FULLNESS of example
of who, each and every one of us can be!
The (possible) exception of his own story,
to everyone else's,
is that He did it first.

The FIRST Born into NEW life.

I did not enter into the Kingdom of God NOW
by worshipping Jesus.
I entered into the Kingdom of God NOW
by following His example,
and seeking to walk in His footsteps.

HOW could I ever have done that
when I bought the idea that he was something "more" than me?
I couldn't. It was not in the realm of the possible.

The doors of the Kingdom....
The garden gates....
swung WIDE open for me...
in the coolness of the breeze after the storm....
when I finally reached out for GOD IN ME!
When I finally reached out to BE as Y'shua,
my elder brother,
in the infinite possibility of OUR Father....

blackout

Violet.
I can't really disagree. Jesus was quite correct, Genesis is indeed quite correct. We are made in the image of God without a doubt.

That still does not make Jesus GOD, though.

Regards,
Scott

.....Or maybe yes?

Perhaps that makes us all
"lower case god's then?"
Y'shua included?
Co-creators IN God?
Each one of us... the LIVING WORD of God.
Children ALL made in the image of our "Parent/Father(Mother)" Creator.

Popeyesays

.....Or maybe yes?

"lower case god's then?"
Y'shua included?
Co-creators IN God?

"6,4 Hear, O Israel: the LORD our God, the LORD is one. 6,5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. 6,6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be upon thy heart; 6,7 and thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thy house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. 6,8 And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thy hand, and they shall be for frontlets between thine eyes. 6,9 And thou shalt write them upon the door-posts of thy house, and upon thy gates."
(Torah (Law), Devarim (Deuteronomy))

Reading this in context, there is no room for "gods".

Regards,
Scott

blackout

Violet.
"6,4 Hear, O Israel: the LORD our God, the LORD is one. 6,5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. 6,6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be upon thy heart; 6,7 and thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thy house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. 6,8 And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thy hand, and they shall be for frontlets between thine eyes. 6,9 And thou shalt write them upon the door-posts of thy house, and upon thy gates."
(Torah (Law), Devarim (Deuteronomy))

Reading this in context, there is no room for "gods".

Regards,
Scott

Ok then. All ONE, IN God.... created as Co-creators IN the ONENESS of Him.
(it's kind of all semantics to me. But Father created us to be "little" versions of Him.
Call that whatever you like.)

Popeyesays

"Co-Creators"????

No. We are created, God is not. God is Self-Sufficient, we are not. What kind of "Co-Creation" is that?

Regards,
Scott

Popeyesays

I would direct you to the self-portrait of Vincent van Gogh. The very image of its creator. Is the image in the portrait capable of creating its own self-portrait?

No.

Regards,
Scott

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
.....Or maybe yes?

"lower case god's then?"
Y'shua included?
Co-creators IN God?
:)

In that sense, yes. I would agree that Jesus was God, because we are all God. But that is not what most Christians usually mean when they say that Jesus is God.

theNEWreality, are you familiar with the Hindu concept of Atman? The other thing you might be interested in, if you don't already know about it, is process theology.

"Co-Creators"????

No. We are created, God is not. God is Self-Sufficient, we are not. What kind of "Co-Creation" is that?
Yes and no. There is an aspect of God that is utterly transcendent and not dependent upon creation. It is also an aspect of God that we have no way of comprehending. It is the very basis of existence.

But there is also an aspect of God that is very much dependent upon us because we have free will. We choose and by our choices we co-create the universe with God.

Popeyesays

doppelgänger;965280 said:
If "God is Self-Sufficient" then "God" is created. In fact, if "God" beheld as anything, then "God" is created. :yes:

No. Things can exist which I have not perceived. You exist, I have never perceived you.

Regards,
Scott

Popeyesays

"But there is also an aspect of God that is very much dependent upon us because we have free will. We choose and by our choices we co-create the universe with God."

No. We have created nothing, we con only manipulate what is provided for us. We are "engineers" at best. Nothing we create is made from nothing, yet all of Creation was called into being from nothing.

Regards,
Scott

blackout

Violet.
I would direct you to the self-portrait of Vincent van Gogh. The very image of its creator. Is the image in the portrait capable of creating its own self-portrait?

No.

Regards,
Scott

Are you dried paint on a canvas?
Do you create NOTHING?
Are you "A REAL BOY",
or a marionette?

I don't know about you,
but I CO-CREATE MY REALITY with/in God.
I ain't no wall hanging.

If God didn't want co-creators,
as Sons and Daughters In Him....
He would have created a gallery,
instead of a UNIverse....
and filled it with paintings instead of people.

Maybe that wouldn't have been nearly as much fun.:confused:
(watching the paint peel....... for all of eternity..........)

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
No. We have created nothing, we con only manipulate what is provided for us. We are "engineers" at best. Nothing we create is made from nothing, yet all of Creation was called into being from nothing.
We have a different definition of "creation." To me, it's one thing to provide the lump of clay and another to mold it into a form. True that we can not provide the clay but we can and do help mold the form.

If God didn't want co-creators,
as Sons and Daughters In Him....
He would have created a gallery,
instead of a UNIverse....
and filled it with paintings instead of people.
:)

If God didn't want co-creators, God wouldn't have created in the first place. I do believe that the very purpose of creation is so that God can "be" and hence change.

blackout

Violet.
"But there is also an aspect of God that is very much dependent upon us because we have free will. We choose and by our choices we co-create the universe with God."

Regards,
Scott

All of creation was called into being from/IN the MIND of God.
Is that NOTHING?!

Daddy and I manifest things straight from the realm of Mind&Spirit-- and out into the physical.... all the time. Sometimes he does it for me. Sometimes we do it together. Sometimes he bids me fly solo.......(of course HE IS the sky in which I fly...)

With God ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!
Even feats greater than engineering!

I don't mean or like to come across as argumentative...
but we obviously do not share the same experience of reality,
or life in God. It's not a problem. ;)