• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Died For Our Sins ?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
The Honest question is how do you feed and fill the belly of 5000 so they are full up, 5000 people with 5 loaves of bread and two fish???? One thing is, the fish could havee been whales, as mammals and fishes would not have been seperated back then. How do we know there was not sucha thing as a party loaf back then??? or do you think there is some other way????
You don't. God does.

Heneni

Miss Independent
I'd rather :spam:
up the thread than
:golf:
because I'm too
:grill:
to
:computer:
which is just
:super:
The end.

I think your are acting contrary to your standards of not pushing a thread awy from the topic. High standards.....indeed.:bonk:

(dont blame me for your inperfections ok. Try this:fishing: for relaxation and mental support)

Michael Turner

espresso connoisseur
Does the Bible say that jesus died for the sins of all humans ?

I'm fairly surprised in reading through this thread that no one has brought up that Christ did not die for the sins of all humans. He died for the elect. This teaching is thoroughly present throughout scripture.

Not sure how much this makes the critics feel better but it is indeed what the Bible preaches.

Heneni

Miss Independent
I'm fairly surprised in reading through this thread that no one has brought up that Christ did not die for the sins of all humans. He died for the elect. This teaching is thoroughly present throughout scripture.

Not sure how much this makes the critics feel better but it is indeed what the Bible preaches.

Michael i think that scripture indicates that he took the punishment for all sin, every single person on this earth, but he saved only those who put their faith in him. So its actually both?

Michael Turner

espresso connoisseur
Michael i think that scripture indicates that he took the punishment for all sin, every single person on this earth, but he saved only those who put their faith in him. So its actually both?

Hello Heneni! Pleased to *meet* you. Can you share where you have learned this from scripture?

Blessings...

P.S. I will have to catch up with you tomorrow on this as precious sleep is calling me at the moment.

Heneni

Miss Independent
Hello Heneni! Pleased to *meet* you. Can you share where you have learned this from scripture?

Blessings...

P.S. I will have to catch up with you tomorrow on this as precious sleep is calling me at the moment.

We can continue this later sure! Look forward to it.

Just_me_Mike

Hi there again Heneni.

Ok, could you please explain from scripture how Christ died for everyone and all sin?

Cheers!
I will give you my two cents.
Since no one knows who the elect are, it is proper for us to say Jesus died for everyone. Yet at the same time we know not everyone will be saved.

So since we don't know, we HAVE to assume it is everyone, because otherwise we end up with a self righteous attitude.

Make sense?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006

No it isn't. Read further.

Mr Cheese

Romans 5, perhaps:

6For in our being still ailing, Christ in due time did die for the impious;

7for scarcely for a righteous man will any one die, for for the good man perhaps some one also doth dare to die;
8and God doth commend His own love to us, that, in our being still sinners, Christ did die for us;
9much more, then, having been declared righteous now in his blood, we shall be saved through him from the wrath;
10for if, being enemies, we have been reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved in his life.
11And not only [so], but we are also boasting in God, through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom now we did receive the reconciliation;
12because of this, even as through one man the sin did enter into the world, and through the sin the death; and thus to all men the death did pass through, for that all did sin;
13for till law sin was in the world: and sin is not reckoned when there is not law;
14but the death did reign from Adam till Moses, even upon those not having sinned in the likeness of Adam's transgression, who is a type of him who is coming.
15But, not as the offence so also [is] the free gift; for if by the offence of the one the many did die, much more did the grace of God, and the free gift in grace of the one man Jesus Christ, abound to the many;
16and not as through one who did sin [is] the free gift, for the judgment indeed [is] of one to condemnation, but the gift [is] of many offences to a declaration of `Righteous,'
17for if by the offence of the one the death did reign through the one, much more those, who the abundance of the grace and of the free gift of the righteousness are receiving, in life shall reign through the one -- Jesus Christ.
18So, then, as through one offence to all men [it is] to condemnation, so also through one declaration of `Righteous' [it is] to all men to justification of life; 19for as through the disobedience of the one man, the many were constituted sinners: so also through the obedience of the one, shall the many be constituted righteous.

Just_me_Mike

Romans 5, perhaps:

6For in our being still ailing, Christ in due time did die for the impious;

7for scarcely for a righteous man will any one die, for for the good man perhaps some one also doth dare to die;
8and God doth commend His own love to us, that, in our being still sinners, Christ did die for us;
9much more, then, having been declared righteous now in his blood, we shall be saved through him from the wrath;
10for if, being enemies, we have been reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved in his life.
11And not only [so], but we are also boasting in God, through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom now we did receive the reconciliation;
12because of this, even as through one man the sin did enter into the world, and through the sin the death; and thus to all men the death did pass through, for that all did sin;
13for till law sin was in the world: and sin is not reckoned when there is not law;
14but the death did reign from Adam till Moses, even upon those not having sinned in the likeness of Adam's transgression, who is a type of him who is coming.
15But, not as the offence so also [is] the free gift; for if by the offence of the one the many did die, much more did the grace of God, and the free gift in grace of the one man Jesus Christ, abound to the many;
16and not as through one who did sin [is] the free gift, for the judgment indeed [is] of one to condemnation, but the gift [is] of many offences to a declaration of `Righteous,'
17for if by the offence of the one the death did reign through the one, much more those, who the abundance of the grace and of the free gift of the righteousness are receiving, in life shall reign through the one -- Jesus Christ.
18So, then, as through one offence to all men [it is] to condemnation, so also through one declaration of `Righteous' [it is] to all men to justification of life; 19for as through the disobedience of the one man, the many were constituted sinners: so also through the obedience of the one, shall the many be constituted righteous.
So are you saying you believe the bible teaches he died for everyones sins or not?

Michael Turner

espresso connoisseur
I will give you my two cents.
Since no one knows who the elect are, it is proper for us to say Jesus died for everyone. Yet at the same time we know not everyone will be saved.

So since we don't know, we HAVE to assume it is everyone, because otherwise we end up with a self righteous attitude.

Make sense?

Hello itwillend,

I agree with you partly. A self righteous attitude should be carefully guarded against in the Christian life. However, I'm not sure why you say we have to assume that Christ died for everyone since we don't find that the Bible teaches this in context.

Regarding the elect, Paul thought it fit to speak of them constantly, both in teaching how God saves sinners and also as a measure of assurance for those who had faith. Of course Christ spoke of the elect too throughout his earthly ministry. For these reasons I don't understand why we would be so hesitant to do the same.

Just_me_Mike

Hello itwillend,

I agree with you partly. A self righteous attitude should be carefully guarded against in the Christian life. However, I'm not sure why you say we have to assume that Christ died for everyone since we don't find that the Bible teaches this in context.

Regarding the elect, Paul thought it fit to speak of them constantly, both in teaching how God saves sinners and also as a measure of assurance for those who had faith. Of course Christ spoke of the elect too throughout his earthly ministry. For these reasons I don't understand why we would be so hesitant to do the same.
For me Michael, it is just a small matter. The bible teaches not to neglect gathering, because we may be amongst angels.

The fact is we just don't know enough to worry about who's sins are paid for and who's are not. So just assuming ANYONE who we see could be one of the elect, it is just a safe thing to do by saying they are all candidates.

Even though we know not everyone will make it. So for me it is just easier to not get hung up on that stuff.