• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dinosaurs in Vedic Scriptures?

ratikala

Istha gosthi
Well, historically it was the Welsh who attacked the English first :)

what People or Dragons ??? ....I wonder if Dragons have the same boundaries ;)

As for Bhavani the lamb, she's gotten pretty big now, but I'm back in Manchester so I haven't seen her for a while.

Jai Jai , hopefully she is gamboling about enjoying the weather :)

hope the weather is fine in manchester too

Kirran

Premium Member
what People or Dragons ??? ....I wonder if Dragons have the same boundaries ;)

Jai Jai , hopefully she is gamboling about enjoying the weather :)

hope the weather is fine in manchester too

Haha, people. Seeing as there's one dragon in each country, I can't imagine there'd be much point in having national borders.

Some really warm weather up here in Manchester! Downside to being back in the city is you can't go sit and meditate on hillsides.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Yes, Arbuda (Aravali Hills) is mentioned in RigVeda as a demon who opposes Indra and imprisons the sun. It is one of the oldest demons of the world. Our great dragon, Himalaya stretches from Pakistan, to India, to Nepal to China. It is 2,400 kilometres (1,500 mi) long and has nine of the worlds 10 highest peaks. It is a mighty dragon.

Arbuda.jpg

Last edited:

Kirran

Premium Member
Yes, Arbuda (Aravali Hills) is mentioned in RigVeda as a demon who opposes Indra and imprisons the sun. It is one o the oldest demons of the world. Our great dragon, Himalaya stretches from Pakistan, to India, to Nepal to China. It is 2,400 kilometres (1,500 mi) long and has nine of the worlds 10 highest peaks. It is a mighty dragon.

View attachment 8976

Ah, this one is bigger ;)

olympus-mons3.jpg

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Himalaya is a big dragon, but there are others too, Andes (7,000 miles) and Rockies (3,000 miles). I did not mean that Himalaya is the biggest, though it is highest on land. :)

shawn001

Yes, Arbuda (Aravali Hills) is mentioned in RigVeda as a demon who opposes Indra and imprisons the sun. It is one of the oldest demons of the world. Our great dragon, Himalaya stretches from Pakistan, to India, to Nepal to China. It is 2,400 kilometres (1,500 mi) long and has nine of the worlds 10 highest peaks. It is a mighty dragon.

View attachment 8976

"
Mount Everest was formed as a result of the collision of the Indian continent into the Asian continent which began some 20 million years ago and continues today.

Mount Everest was part of an ancient seabed; today it is possible to find the fossils of marine creatures at its peak that were preserved hundreds of millions of years ago."

Mount Everest, Himalayas - Delhi to Hong Kong - Mount Everest - Delhi to Hong Kong, Royal Geographical Society (with IBG), RGS-IBG.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Aravali Range is a pre-cambrian fold mountain about more than 2,000 million years old. (Compare that to 20 million years of Himalaya. :))

Guru Shikhar, the highest point in Aravali Hills (5650 ft.). Lord Dattatreya

99_big.jpg
dattatreya.jpg

At the top is a small cave in which Lord Dattatreya (supposed to be a combination of the three major Hindu Gods Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva) meditated.

Last edited: