• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

dislike atheism

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Or it could have always existed. The fact is that nobody knows for sure. Many of us would like to know, but that doesn't mean we actually know. You are just filling in that "I don't know" with a claim you feel is right.

And trying to claim that a god has always existed and needs no creator, but that the universe does need a creator is merely a special pleading error.

Not your error, but his:

Your logical fallacy is special pleading

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
what always existed?
The universe? Possibly a multiverse? Everything?

That is one possibility anyway. I'm not making a claim here because I also don't know for sure. I am comfortable with saying "I don't know". I think you should try it.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
This is another unsupported statement. Matter and energy does "appear from nothing" on a quantum level. That concept can be and has been tested.

Also you are using undefined terminology again. Physicists know that with the standard definition of "nothing" that the universe can come from nothing. This is an hour long video, but it goes over the reasoning and evidence used very well:

Here's some up to date work on the idea
[1404.1207] Spontaneous creation of the universe from nothing

syo

A poorly formed question is not excuse for not defining a term. And you just admitted that you could not define the term that you used.
i can define the term. it's ethereal. but i don't know more because i am not a gnostic. i have a lot of research to do.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
i can define the term. it's ethereal. but i don't know more because i am not a gnostic. i have a lot of research to do.

Sorry, but that is not a definition either. Now you are simply using another undefined term. This is circular reasoning on your part, another logical fallacy. You define "essence" with ethereal and "ethereal" with essence.

syo

Sorry, but that is not a definition either. Now you are simply using another undefined term. This is circular reasoning on your part, another logical fallacy. You define "essence" with ethereal and "ethereal" with essence.
yes, i do that. let me explain the terms, give me a moment.

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist
My parents are not imaginary.

Even in the most banal materialism, your parents did not create you.
In this ideology you are a consequence of electromagnetic reactions between chemicals.
Your parents had no choice in the matter, they do not even exist more than as chemical
reactions between atoms. They and you are no more than animals mindlessly obeying
their genetic instincts to fornicate and breed as much as possible.

Unless you think there is more to life than that?