• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

dislike atheism

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
i needed a good laugh!
Trolling one's own thread may be against the rules of the forum. You might want to be careful.

Perhaps you should slow down and try to post well thought out responses. So far all you have posted are failed arguments. I know it is difficult when so many oppose you, but as I said in the very first response, when one starts a thread with a strawman chaos is often the result.

syo

atheists think they are the only intelligent beings in the universe. am i wrong?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
i don't have a single failed argument.

You are wrong. I gave an example. You did not understand it. Or dishonestly denied it. You have also been relying heavily on the failed arguments of William Lane Craig. This link may help you:

william lane craig refuted - YouTube

So far all you have been able to make are unsupported statements. You have not supported any of your claims. That automatically is a loss on your part.

A Vestigial Mote

i don't have a single failed argument.
You remind me of this interview with Kirk Cameron that I once saw.

He had scheduled a meeting on a college campus with non-believers specifically, and claimed to be able to show them "proof" that God exists. What he presented basically amounted to the "watchmaker" analogy, but he used a painting and painter as the subjects of the analogy. Then he got owned by all the atheists in the crowd... and owned hard. In the interview, he was recounting how "easy" he thought it was going to be to win everyone over, and was incredibly surprised at how difficult it was to answer the questions posed... and how shocked he was that his "proof" amounted to nothing in their eyes.

That's what I see your desperate attempts to make this all seem funny as... like Kirk Cameron at that meeting... a deer in headlights, striving to save his crumbling vision of enlightening the world.

dfnj

atheists deny a creator god but they don't deny their own being. why and how do we exist then, if not for a creating power? so atheists believe that only themselves exist, and the creation power is imaginary. atheism is totally wrong. they deny the creator god, and they think that only their own temporary being exists. how atheism has followers is strange.

Let's try again from the beginning. Atheism is the lack of belief in God. Atheism is not the denial of a creator God as you are claiming.

We exist because life evolved on Earth. You personally exist because of your parents.

Atheist have many beliefs. You have the right to your own opinion that atheism is "wrong". But the absence of a belief in God is nothing. It's just the absence of something.

Atheists are generally pretty smart people. Every atheist I've ever men knows you can't prove a negative. I can't prove that your car is never going to become artificially intelligent and then try to kill you. It could happen. But it is very unlikely. That is how atheists feel about God. There are been so many silly superstitions that have been proven by science to be superstitions that some atheists interpolate the existence of God is very unlikely. But nobody can prove God does not exist.

I can hold an apple in my hand and we can both look at it and I can say "apple". Nobody denies the existence of apples. But there is no evidence for the existence of God as far as I know. No one has brought me over to man sitting in chair and said, "here's God, shake his hand.". This we cannot experience God in reality, atheists choose not to believe in God's existence until they shake hands with God or some other form of evidence in reality. As far as we know, God is just a word that only exists in our use of it. God only exists in mind space.

But if you have evidence for God's existence outside of mind space please share with us!

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member

He had scheduled a meeting on a college campus with non-believers specifically, and claimed to be able to show them "proof" that God exists. What he presented basically amounted to the "watchmaker" analogy, but he used a painting and painter as the subjects of the analogy. Then he got owned by all the atheists in the crowd... and owned hard. In the interview, he was recounting how "easy" he thought it was going to be to win everyone over... and how shocked he was that his "proof" amounted to nothing in their eyes.

That's what I see your desperate attempts to make this all seem funny as... like Kirk Cameron at that meeting... a deer in headlights, striving to save his crumbling vision of enlightening the world.
A street preacher tried that one on me. It was worth a good laugh.

dfnj

He had scheduled a meeting on a college campus with non-believers specifically, and claimed to be able to show them "proof" that God exists. What he presented basically amounted to the "watchmaker" analogy, but he used a painting and painter as the subjects of the analogy. Then he got owned by all the atheists in the crowd... and owned hard. In the interview, he was recounting how "easy" he thought it was going to be to win everyone over... and how shocked he was that his "proof" amounted to nothing in their eyes.

His argument style reminds me of this web page:

How to "Win" Arguments and Infuriate Opponents (with examples!) by Louis Brandy